The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
When can I make my avatar bigger? Is it a thousand posts or is it like 3k?

Level 5
Users are in this group when they have been a Hypester for 3 Months and have made 1000 posts.
Can use Custom Titles
Can use Signatures
Can Download Attachments
Can upload Attachments
Can upload Avatars
Has a PM Mailbox limit of 200 Messages
Can have Avatars with a 75 x 75 dimensions
Can post new threads
Can reply to existing threads
Can have an Avatar that is 46KB large (default for other is 20KB)
Can upload a Social Group Icon [200x200, 100k filesize]

Lol hypester :D Soon 75x75!!

Someone should make a gif of Cap landing on that asphalt in the recent tv-spot (#2). That looks so awesome.

Also, I've been saying I think Cap is the one who blows up some helicarriers, and I feel like I am super-right now. If you watch tv-spot 2, you see that helicarrier crashing into the Triskelion, and then I think it's the same sequence where we see Steve landing on the ground with his shield.

But then again, he's got on his stealth suit, not his WWII suit, so that kind of confuses things (I just assume his final battle will be in his WWII suit).

And I'm really feeling the fact he and Widow turn on SHIELD, then assembles the Avengers to fight Ultron (a SHIELD/HYDRA creation).

EDIT: I know Ultron is made by Stark though. I don't see how Thor, Cap, Widow, or Hawk could have a hand in creating him. Banner and mostly Stark are the only two I know would want or could make him.

Someone should make a gif of Cap landing on that asphalt in the recent tv-spot (#2). That looks so awesome.

Also, I've been saying I think Cap is the one who blows up some helicarriers, and I feel like I am super-right now. If you watch tv-spot 2, you see that helicarrier crashing into the Triskelion, and then I think it's the same sequence where we see Steve landing on the ground with his shield.

But then again, he's got on his stealth suit, not his WWII suit, so that kind of confuses things (I just assume his final battle will be in his WWII suit).

And I'm really feeling the fact he and Widow turn on SHIELD, then assembles the Avengers to fight Ultron (a SHIELD/HYDRA creation).

EDIT: I know Ultron is made by Stark though. I don't see how Thor, Cap, Widow, or Hawk could have a hand in creating him. Banner and mostly Stark are the only two I know would want or could make him.

There's a second tv spot?:huh: And what's asphalt?

EDIT: Found it. Kinda spoilery and that shot of Cap landing with his shield looks more polished than when I saw it. Still needs work though imo.

Last edited:
There's a second tv spot?:huh: And what's asphalt?

EDIT: Found it. Kinda spoilery and that shot of Cap landing with his shield looks more polished than when I saw it. Still needs work though imo.

Asphalt is used to make the roads man. You live up north somewheres?

Meh, I think the 'spoiler' Cap mentions is just to grab people's attention; we all know 'he' doesn't die...

And that's neat that you've already seen that part but without all the CGI. Have you seen anything else in the trailers that were less-than-good in terms of polish in the screening you saw?

Asphalt is used to make the roads man. You live up north somewheres?

Meh, I think the 'spoiler' Cap mentions is just to grab people's attention; we all know 'he' doesn't die...

And that's neat that you've already seen that part but without all the CGI. Have you seen anything else in the trailers that were less-than-good in terms of polish in the screening you saw?

Gotcha.:up: Some of it's very much the same like the scene where Cap throws his Shield into the Quinn Jet engine. Some scenes you could tell the green scene but in the trailers some of the shots have improved, especially with the hellicarrier going down.:yay:

Anybody catch in the new TV Spot, Cap says "Fury's last words were..." or has that been discussed to death already?

Yeah man, I did and a few other I´d guess. No it hasn´t been discussed to death but it was brought up briefly a while ago. As you may know that´s no definte indicaton he has died but most ppl (including myself unfortuneately) seem to think Nick Fury fakes his death and Cap isn´t aware of it until later on.

What do you think?

Yeah It's hard to believe they would "kill" Fury twice in one movie, and seeing as they've shown him all bruised and beat up, most assume this new tv spot to be some misdirection.
Guess is, it ties in to that picture we saw of Cap and Widow standing over a body, then we'll get the reveal, followed by fury's line about Cap being in charge

Yeah man, I did and a few other I´d guess. No it hasn´t been discussed to death but it was brought up briefly a while ago. As you may know that´s no definte indicaton he has died but most ppl (including myself unfortuneately) seem to think Nick Fury fakes his death and Cap isn´t aware of it until later on.

What do you think?

Yeah It's hard to believe they would "kill" Fury twice in one movie, and seeing as they've shown him all bruised and beat up, most assume this new tv spot to be some misdirection.
Guess is, it ties in to that picture we saw of Cap and Widow standing over a body, then we'll get the reveal, followed by fury's line about Cap being in charge

Yea I think it makes the most sense to have a faked death and then have Steve get super pissed when he finds out. This really all points to Cap leaving SHIELD by movies end.

How much longer we have? 5 weeks?

30 days for us in Sweden. I think it´s 39 or something for noth americans

f***** a', does every other country get Captain America before America??

and note, I'm not usually the flag wavin' type, but this crap gets frustrating

Haha, Sweden is one of those countries that always get to see the MCU movies first. The only time you´ll be able to see it as early as me is when Gotg come out on the first of August.

Even then we´re 7 or 8 hours luckier than you. If they don´t change this tendency we´ll have Cap and Thor 3 9 days before you as well.

I guess there is a point as to why they do this; I am awesome and deserve it.

Europe always gets the Marvel movies first because the studio found out that when the US gets a movie first, they pirate/torrent the hell out of it so that Europe and the rest of the world don't even bother to pay for tickets to see it in theaters. There's a lot less piracy in Europe than in America, so the studio does it this way to minimize the heavy losses they take from torrent scum here in America.

I´m not too sure about that tho. I mean what would 6-9 days do? Not saying you are wrong. Also how big is the piracy difference?

Usually Europe gets the May release one week earlier, because May 1st is a holiday in most countries. But Cap 2 comes out in late March/early April (depending where you live), so I have no idea why we are getting it a week earlier again. It's just awesome.
Then again, we have to wait a month longer for the T:TDW bluray.

And WS is not even called WS in Germany/Austria. The movie will be called Captain America: The Return Of The First Avenger (CA:TROTFA....even abreviated it looks dumb)
So getting it earlier is really just compensation for the lack of a great title, I guess.

Usually Europe gets the May release one week earlier, because May 1st is a holiday in most countries. But Cap 2 comes out in late March/early April (depending where you live), so I have no idea why we are getting it a week earlier again. It's just awesome.

And WS is not even called WS in Germany/Austria. The movie will be called Captain America: The Return Of The First Avenger (CA:TROTFA....even abreviated it looks dumb)
So getting it earlier is really just compensation for the lack of a great title, I guess.

Why exactly is it named differently?

I swear, I'll never understand movie business.

And I think it;s funny everyone gets to see Captain America before Americans!

The same goes for Sweden. There is no reason to re-name it here but I guess it´s an EU thing? So silly anyhow. I don´t know much about Austria other that it´s nice to travel to if you wanna ski but I know a lot about Germany and it usually use dubbed tracks so stands to reason they´d have another title. Thor TDW was first translated to germany and the directly translated to english.

Germany and it usually use dubbed tracks so stands to reason they´d have another title. .
would be true if they used a German title instead, but like with Thor: The Dark Kingdom, they just renamed it with another English title. Makes no sense at all.

The one thing why the title CA:ROTFA may have been chosen is the word Avenger in it. Additional one or two million € morebecause the relation to Avengers is more obvious. Other than that? I have no idea. I mean, technically, Steve Rogers, the 'First Avenger', returned already in The Avengers.

Movies and TV shows have had different titles in different countries since they began. It just happens.

And I think it;s funny everyone gets to see Captain America before Americans!
I have no idea. They did the same with T:TDW, which was called Thor: The Dark Kingdom for whatever reasons.
(I mean, I'd understand it if they translated the title to German, but just rename it?)

The Dark Kingdom was as I said a result of an english title being translated to a german one and directly translated back to english again? Or am I wrong? :D

The Dark Kingdom was as I said a result of an english title being translated to a german one and directly translated back to english again? Or am I wrong? :D
Might be. But I see absolutely no reason to do so. (But it certainly is something the German distributors would do)

edit: a google search told me, that a Russian movie, Тёмный мир, was released in Germany under the title The Dark World and they didn't want to confuse audiences. (However, that release must have been very limited, because I never heard of that other movie)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back