First Avenger Captain America's Costume - P - Part 2

I think the excuse that a comic faithful suit can translate to film should be abolished....really we can make a truck transform into a 50 foot robot, kool looking blue aliens and various mythical creatures...and we cant make Batman look good in a cloth like suit???????

Again, no one's saying that it can't look good, but there many other things to think about when translating a costume from comic to film other than just the look.

The blue trunks are pretty bad, too, but otherwise it's alright.

I really love the costume they came up with for the movie. I think it looks cool. Besides, it looks like Cap's costume in The Avengers will be closer to the source, so I don't see the big deal.

I think it's a testament to the strength of the classic design that they tried to make it look as silly as possible and it still looks pretty good.

I still say that if you combined the suit we have now with that one you would get an absolutely perfect suit. Even if I am happy with what we have.

yeah Kal this is probably what it will look like
kinopoiskru-Avengers_2C-The-1613053--o--.jpg

Man this is the first time iv seen this in high def. God damn does he look amazing, just the perfect translation from comic too screen, and the perfect balance between classic and ultimate. The scales never woulda worked.

Last edited:
This also really reinforces my belief that joss whedon is a true comic nutt and is gonna do this film more justice and be more faithful than just about any other director out there. hopefully hes up to the challenge.

This also really reinforces my belief that joss whedon is a true comic nutt and is gonna do this film more justice and be more faithful than just about any other director out there. hopefully hes up to the challenge.
Joss WHedon was the perfect choice, iMO.

I dont think Joss had as much input into Avengers costume designs as you think.
Based on JJ's comments about Cap all the designs and such were already chosen before he came on.
I think Marvel Studios already had these designs set.

I couldnt imagine that he didnt have some creative input on how he wanted his heroes to look. Especially cap and hawkeye becuz they r pretty much the only heroes that are getting new duds, aside from iron man that is. I would like to think that he has something to do with the transition to a more classic look.

On a normal film I'd agree with you...but as was mentioned when JJ came on to Cap they had already shown him the designs and everything. That was on one film leading into the big one. I would not doubt that costume designs were done before he came on to direct. Hell I'll bet good money the villains/villain is/was already set before he came one even though he is rewriting the script.

On a normal film I'd agree with you...but as was mentioned when JJ came on to Cap they had already shown him the designs and everything. That was on one film leading into the big one. I would not doubt that costume designs were done before he came on to direct. Hell I'll bet good money the villains/villain is/was already set before he came one even though he is rewriting the script.

Im sure that the main storyline was definitely set, and that alot of the script elements will translate directly as well. But I am also sure that during preproduction he was given alot of concept art with multiple directions as to where he could take caps costume and I am just happy he went with what he did. A faithful, yet tactical and practical, cap costume that has all the classic elements and none of the cheese.

Last edited:
Man this is the first time iv seen this in high def. God damn does he look amazing, just the perfect translation from comic too screen, and the perfect balance between classic and ultimate. The scales never woulda worked.
Pretty cool isn't it? :D
I've made a Desktop wallpaper in the Avengers world threads.

Just for fun, I wish someone would do a manip of that Avengers costume. Do it exactly how you see it. But instead make the arms all blue, instead of having white going down to the red gloves. I'm just curious to see what that looks like.

I so want a Hot Toys 12 inch figure of Cap in that costume. I will never pay for a figure of the First Avenger movie costume though.

sorry, gonna remove this

Last edited:
They do sort of match what we've seen in the promo posters. Interesting material though.

they're legit. Marvel used the same type of art for early thor and cap costume images.

that's pretty sweet, and I agree this hast to be legit...

but we need a full picture

and a picture with evens in this suit! ;)

Dammit, what did I miss? Removed pictures?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit, what did I miss? Removed pictures?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if ya google "leaked avengers cap costume" it's pretty easy to find. looks like concept art in a similar style to the art we saw for this movie last year. looks legit too, wish there was a full pic.

It's not of the whole costume anyway, just a look at the boots and Cap's lower body. It definitely looks legit to me, too. Can't wait to see the whole costume. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"