Cast the Marvel Universe - Part 2

Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson, and Heath Ledger did just fine in their respective roles, despite being known and popular actors prior to their comic book movies. And over half of them have been typecast on here.

You obviously don't get what I'm trying to say here. I'm fine with well known actors being cast in cbm roles. And I'm also fine with typecast actors being in cbm roles. I just don't like when it's both, which none of the actors you named were except SLJ, and maybe Liam Neeson and RDJ. I don't want to be watching a new FF movie thinking "Yeah yeah, I've seen this villain before." I want my Dr. Doom to look and sound distinct.

My two favorite comic book movie villains display exactly what I'm talking about. Heath Ledger was a very well known actor before the Joker, but he hadn't previously played roles that resembled the Joker before to the point where you could hardly even recognize him. He was well known, but not typecast. Tom Hiddleston on the other hand has constantly been cast as the elegant, intellegent thespian, but the fact I've never even seen any of the movies where he played that character helped me see him only as Loki. He was typecast, but not well known. Don't get me wrong, there are times when it's okay to have both. Sam Jackson is a perfect example since Nick Fury is supposed to be this larger than life character and Sam Jackson was the ONLY choice.
Yeah! Let's go for a relative unknown, and think outside the box, and not pick someone who's stereotypecast for the role! Someone like....Julian McMahon! YYYYYEEAAAAAHhhhhhhhh ......oh wait :csad:
You chose a bad example and it doesn't exactly put a dent in my argument because there are plenty of GOOD examples like Chris Hemsworth, Hayley Atwell, Hugh Jackman, Alfred Molina...

Anyway, the main point I was trying to make is that I'm sure Mark Strong would do a good job as Doom, but there's gotta be plenty of other actors out there that could give us a waaay more distinct take on the character.

Last edited:
British Psylocke - Emilia Clarke

004.jpg

This will probably be a bit of a controversial idea but what do you guys think of Alex Pettyfer as Pietro? He has that arrogant look plus he's European which I think is essential to the character.

scaled.php

This will probably be a bit of a controversial idea but what do you guys think of Alex Pettyfer as Pietro? He has that arrogant look plus he's European which I think is essential to the character.

scaled.php

Actually, that's not too bad. While I tend to gun for him as Warren/Angel and prefer slightly older guys for Pietro (Paul Wesley or Neil Jackson), Pettyfer would not be a bad choice as a younger Pietro choice. Hell, I'll be honest, I would take him over Tom Felton any day.

As for a younger Wanda choice to compliment him, I don't know why but for some reason I kinda like Troian Bellisario. Maybe a little too dark complexioned, but she is of Serbian, French, British and Dutch descent, not to mention she can get a good intelligence and inner strength across.

nm0069079.jpg

I know this is spidey casting but the thread over there doesn't seem to get much traffic so just wanted to share...

J. Jonah Jameson - Sam Elliot or Paul Gleason.
Norman Osborn/GG - Viggo Mortensen or Jason Isaacs
Doc Ock - Sam Neill
Vulture - John Lithgow
Scorpion - Woody Harrelson
Electro - Timothy Olyphant
Venom - Jensen Ackles
Carnage - Stephen Dorff
Rhino - Kevin Durand
Morbius - Michael Shanks

What if all the actors playing Iron Man, Thor, and Cap drop out? It'll happen eventually. Who should replace them?

What if all the actors playing Iron Man, Thor, and Cap drop out? It'll happen eventually. Who should replace them?

This is just a hypothetical of course

Captain America - Sam Jaeger
samjaegeristhemanbehind.jpg

Iron Man - Richard Coyle
summergoingpostalmoistv.jpg

Thor - Tom Hopper
s03e13percival1600x1200.jpg

What do you guys think of Charlie Hunnam as Daredevil/Matt Murdock?

If they made an X-Men film today to connect to the MCU, this would be my cast/crew.

Director: JJ Abrams
Screen Writers: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

Professor Charles Xavier: Ralph Fiennes.
medium_Ralph-Fiennes.jpg

Who wouldn't love this?

Max Eisenhardt/Magneto: Daniel Craig
On-a-role---Daniel-Craig--010.jpg

I want a Magneto that could be intimidating without powers.

Scott Summers/Cyclops: Armie Hammer
armie-hammer_2.jpg

Jean Grey/ Marvel Girl: Willa Holland
1329504017_willa_holland_001_zeusbox-852x480.jpg

Henry McCoy/Beast: Benjamin Walker
140461-walker_benjamin_lincoln_center_large.jpg

Bobby Drake/Ice Man: Dave Franco
Dave%20Franco%20Actor%20Dave%20Franco%20attends%20the%2022Charlie%20St.%20Cloud22%20film%20premire%20at%20the%20Regency%20Village%20Theater%20on%20July%2020%202010%20in%20Los%20Angeles%20California.jpeg

Warren Worthington/Angel:Alex Pettyfer
scaled.php

I need help with this.

Part two coming soon.

I like your casting. I also like that its OG uncanny x-men and not the cluster**** that Bryan Singer's was.

Thanks!

If I were in charge, Wolverine wouldn't appear until the sequel.

That cast is a little too young for me. I like an older, more established X-men. But great cast nonetheless.

Thanks! I like it both ways, but I would prefer a younger cast that could grow into a mature cast with time.

No pictures for the second part, but here it is.

The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch: Ashley Greene
Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver: Zachary Quinto
Mastermind: Michael Shannon
Toad: No clue, anyone?

Misc
Juggernaut: Kevin Durand
Senator Kelly: Stephen Colbert(Not a main character)

Thanks! I like it both ways, but I would prefer a younger cast that could grow into a mature cast with time.

No pictures for the second part, but here it is.

The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch: Ashley Greene
Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver: Zachary Quinto
Mastermind: Michael Shannon
Toad: No clue, anyone?

Misc
Juggernaut: Kevin Durand
Senator Kelly: Stephen Colbert(Not a main character)

Quinto is ten years older than Greene and looks it. He can't plausibly play her twin.

Tom Felton would make the perfect Pietro/Quicksilver, both in terms of looks and on screen persona. Felton could easily portray Pietro's conflicted and often hostile nature, his antipathy towards humans and antisocial nature.

Charlie Day as Toad and Tom Felton as Pietro are both perfect.

Both now my choices. Thanks guys!

Charlie Day as Toad and Tom Felton as Pietro are both perfect.

Both now my choices. Thanks guys!

You're welcome! :cwink:

Felton would be so perfect for Pietro that I'm sure it will never happen. Quicksilver is such a seething ball of rage, so conflicted about working to save humanity after having experienced anti-mutant bigotry, that the role would be a meaty one for Felton to tackle.

I can't believe he isn't the first one that came to my mind!

He's perfect for the role!

Jessica Chastain - Ms Marvel, she's a wonderful actress, can do action, she can be authoritative and Marvel did want her for a role in the past in Iron Man 3. And we know Marvel like using people with whom they have an existing relationship.

jessica-chastain-total-film-aug-2012.jpg

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic - Matt Damon
Susan Storm/Invisible Woman - Yvonne Strahovski
Johnny Storm/Human Torch - Lucas Till
Ben Grimm/The Thing - Mark Wahlberg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members