Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Lorus, Jul 30, 2012.

1. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

The fact that Marvel and Sony tried to work out a deal to show Oscorp in the background for Avengers is promising. I know a lot of people are saying we won't ever see Spider-Man in the movies, but the fact that the studios were at least trying to work out a deal says volumes, and I know that there are characters that people would much rather see that are already owned by Marvel, but it would be pretty awesome to see some sort of cameo by Spider-Man during Avengers 2. All I'm saying is that the fact that there was paperwork going on between the companies about the inclusion of Oscorp in the background may mean that the wheels are turning regardless. From what I've read, my understanding is that the deal was worked out, but there wasn't enough time left for the artists to put the building in.

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Why do people keep repeating this Oscorp building stuff? Avi Arad said it "almost" happened, once. Have you never read an Avi Arad interview before? The dude literally says *everything* is "almost" happening. i'm not sure why it was taken seriously by some.

And Ms. Marvel :argh: :oldrazz:

3. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

You know, I would be really great if they added two superheroines to the team, but I doubt that will happen. There will be one more woman and maybe The Falcon added next time out. My guess is that The Wasp will join, ahead of Ant-Man coming out in late 2015. I'd rather they add The Scarlet Witch, though, but Wanda may get her turn later.

4. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Who? Oh, you mean Captain Marvel. The one who took another, legendary character's name recently and had her costume redesigned to get ready for mass exposure. She's floating somewhere around the cosmos, I'm sure. Maybe the Guardians can pick her up, if they don't recruit the psychic dog first. :o

5. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

I'd honestly rather have Ms Marvel than BW.

My ideal line up is:
    Cap
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Thor
    Black Panther
    Ms. Marvel
    Giant Man and Wasp

6. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Yeah, her :hehe: :up:

7. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

I'm pretty sure he's not in any of the Phase 2 films because Jeremy Renner is taking a mini-break from big budget films(or so he said in a interview a few months back).

8. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Despite who said it, the studios should think about working together. Imagine a few shots and mention of Spider-Man in Avengers 2. That happening unexpectedly would be one of the most epic events in recent movie history.

9. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't see why you can't have both :o

10. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I'm pretty sure that Falcon will be in Avengers 2. Falcon being a member of the new Avengers show, which has the rest of the roster being the cast of the movie, seems like pretty good proof to me.

11. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

The danger with adding more Avengers is falling into the "double the characters for the second film" trap. Just so easy for it to turn into a mess, unless they take away someone from the cast of the first film. With Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor more or less unmovable, the sacrifices would have to be Black Widow and/or Hawkeye, and yet, Widow is amazing, and Clint is cool in his own way. Now, Whedon is good at juggling characters and keeping them all "alive" for us, but I'm also remembering how Buffy tended to err in overexpanding its cast, which cost it in charm and sense of intimacy. Over there, it happened over seven seasons and I don't know how many episodes, but in Avengers, it would be sudden. If Antman and Wasp were introduced through Iron Man and Black Panther through Captain America, not everyone would have to be in the next film itself, but we'd still get to see them. For example, War Machine in Iron Man 2 was all that was needed.

12. Spider-Vader

I really don't see Black Panther being in Avengers 2. It's sad, but I think he needs to be introduced in his own movie first. That seems to be what Marvel is doing.

13. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Yeah BP should get his own Solo film first. I was hoping he'd get one in Phase 2 but it seems like GOTG fits in better with Marvel's plans

Besides introducing an advanced country in Africa is a lot more difficult than introducing talking raccoons and interdimensional beings :ninja

14. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Black Panther isn't that popular, and I doubt he'll be an Avenger... they could've done Black Panther instead of Ant-Man. Ant-Man gives you another male, and his role overlaps with Stark heavily since they're both big in AI. You could easily have Stark do what Ant-Man did. It's not that hard.

15. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Tell that to Ultron/Vision fans. They'd die if Star invented Ultron. Regardless, Ant-Man is being made because of Edgar Wright, not any popularity or anything like that.

I agree that BP needs a solo film. And it is a sad world we live in where we've been conditioned to accept advanced aliens easily and advanced Africans are considered an anachronism. Most people don't know there are dozens metropolitan cities in Africa. It's crazy.

There's room for one or two more people I think. Especially as some are only going to get 12-15 minutes screen time.

16. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I doubt they'd add more than one member, unless they cut someone. If you add anyone, it should be no more than a cameo. Just keep the same team and let them develop. It's crowded enough.

17. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Yes he should get his own movie first. Maybe after Avengers 2, he will get his own movie.

For Avengers 2, the only new additions that the team will have are Guardians of the Galaxy, Falcon and maybe Ant-Man. And its not something I envisioned/imagined when the Avengers was just about to open in theaters. I thought they would introduce B-list characters (like Dr. Strange, Ms. Marvel, Wasp) rather than C-list characters. Ant-Man is not a c-list character but Falcon/Guardians of the Galaxy are.

18. Spider-Vader

Falcon is a major Cap side character, so his inclusion into the MCU is no surprise. The GOTG were a huge surprise, but I'm really glad that they're finally getting some time to shine.

19. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

He could work if Banner travels to Africa to help the needy and runs into Wakanda. Panther is annoyed at the intrusion, he and Hulk fight, they team up. It writes itself!

20. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

First off DIsney will have to work a new deal with Robert Downey JR for sequel.If they
    aren't willing to pay him for sequel Iron Man may get left out and recast for third avengers.
    I would think they might want awhile before recasting their most popular character.Although they might recast him for sequel

The falcon Is most likely new character to be added.Ant-Man can't show up till third film since his solo film comes out after avengers sequel.They like to introduce characters in SOlo films before putting them In Avengers films.

21. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I got to say...Spidey would work great on screen with the Avengers, that would be so awesome (maybe not as another addition to the initiative, but as a cameo/easter egg in either the next Amazing Spider-Man film or Avengers movie).

22. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

23. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

My exact reaction Chewy. Venom, give it up, Spidey in Avengers will not happen.

24. TheForgotten

TheForgotten Well-Known Member

I still think there might be a chance.

25. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

For those of you saying Disney would never or Sony would never...

There are a lot of if's in this situation, and as we've seen what kind of money Avengers made, a deal could be worked out. Sure, there'd be a lot of paperwork and some concessions, but Avengers 2 with Spider-Man would be huge and benefit both franchises, even if just for a cameo, and people would go nuts over it. So far I've yet to see any of you pull anything out of your head other than "won't happen."