Sequels Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Anyone thinking Joss whedon won't bring back Black Widow while Scarlett Johansson still has contact for more marvel films don't understand him and his work.Even when he does projects focusing on men butt kicking women have tendacy to show up.

As for new characters joining the lineup the question Is will they Introduce any In sequel.
If Not the only poential new ones are The Falcon and Ant-Man,assuming Ant-Man Is out
before the Avengers sequel.

In the recent Joss interview in some Japanese media outlet, which was very loosely Google-translated, he confirmed that the original six Avengers will be back in TA2. Didn't say much about who else he'd add to the roster.

But he did say atleast one new character would be introduced to the team.

Out of curiosity, if they had a picture or video of Andrew Garfield walking and he's only credited as "Unknown Superhuman #2" or something, can Sony still sue? I mean if Garfield agreed to doing the cameo?

Out of curiosity, if they had a picture or video of Andrew Garfield walking and he's only credited as "Unknown Superhuman #2" or something, can Sony still sue? I mean if Garfield agreed to doing the cameo?

Yes. Although for the first time, it might be that the two studios can sort something out. I mean, the fanbases on Tumblr will go crazy :o

....so many fan bases have Tony x Steve together and Peter as their baby...

In the recent Joss interview in some Japanese media outlet, which was very loosely Google-translated, he confirmed that the original six Avengers will be back in TA2. Didn't say much about who else he'd add to the roster.

Chris Evans,Chris Hemsworth,Mark Ruffalo,and Scarlett's contracts means they will be back.

Big question Is will disney pay the small fortune required to get Robert Downey JR back

I never heard anything on what kind of contract Jeremy Renner signed but
I have little doudt Joss would bring him back If It Is up to him.

Anyone thinking Joss whedon won't bring back Black Widow while Scarlett Johansson still has contact for more marvel films don't understand him and his work.Even when he does projects focusing on men butt kicking women have tendacy to show up.

I'm curious about this, is there an interview or something where this comes up? It seems an odd conclusion to come to, she's been very complimentary towards his work in interviews I've seen.

But yeah, I think we can safely say that all six Avengers are confirmed for the sequel with likely one additional member.

I'm cool with it being Falcon. More Anthony Mackie is never a bad thing

It'll be *at least* Falcon.

Yeah, I think the Ant-Man movie will potentially add anywhere from one to three other Avengers to the mix as well....it's just that Joss and Feige are still having to play coy about it until they can get something concrete from Wright on the film.

But once it's in the can, there's no way in hell they're making Ant-Man a one-shot that has no connection to the Avengers. Pym, Lang, and/or Janet will definitely be recruited.

Yeah, I think the Ant-Man movie will potentially add anywhere from one to three other Avengers to the mix as well....it's just that Joss and Feige are still having to play coy about it until they can get something concrete from Wright on the film.

But once it's in the can, there's no way in hell they're making Ant-Man a one-shot that has no connection to the Avengers. Pym, Lang, and/or Janet will definitely be recruited.

and Ultron will happen

I used to argue against this before, but I kinda agree now. They'll connect them if at all possible, and there must be some way. Even if it's set in the 60s and a present day Lang dies or something, they'll bring in the older Pym as a consultant, or have the Ultron program become a full fledged villain... something. I doubt they're going to bring over 3 full Avengers though... they didn't bring over Rhodey, for instance.

Edit: but I still think it will be even more autonomous from the MCU than the other solo films, since it wasn't originally planned to be in the MCU, and as far as we know, no changes have pushed to make it fit within the MCU.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the 60s story has changed too, as that was said a long time ago

That thinking is so funny to me. Like words have an expiration date.

They wouldn't have just been sitting on the same script for this long. It would have gone through changes, been rewritten, had plot lines chnaged up a little. It's likley what Edgar said will have changed, even if only a little.

They wouldn't have just been sitting on the same script for this long. It would have gone through changes, been rewritten, had plot lines chnaged up a little. It's likley what Edgar said will have changed, even if only a little.

Changing plot lines a little is not at all changing the setting: the time and place the story takes place in. Unless the director changes, he's going to keep the basic idea he had that made him want to do the movie in the first place.

I don't know if we'll see Ant Man in Avengers 2. I'm assuming that by taking this 'godfather' type role in the MCU, Whedon has already planned the sequel to a large extent. The fact that they haven't offered any release date for Ant Man suggests to me that they're not confident that they can actually make it before Avengers 2 comes out and I doubt Whedon can really plan or write the sequel if he isn't sure which characters are going to be in it. Add that to the notion that Wright's film will take place in the past of the MCU and I think it's unlikely we'll see Ant Man in the sequel.

As long as they add one character (Ant-Man or Falcon), I'll be happy!

Don't want to read too much into this, but aside from the movie characters, the ones who are up front and center are Wolvy, Spidey, and some of the New Mutants (not relevant stuff out of the way first) and Falcon, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Woman

avengerscombined_02.jpg

i would not mind the Pyms showing up cause for one there needs to be another female on the team and jan would be great and two. Hank kicks ass.

there is no reason for Carol to be in it yet unfortunately :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"