• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Chapter 49 - "Trust and Blood" - Discussion Thread - 2/9/09

SuperT

I See It, I Want It
Reaction score
LINES ARE DRAWN AND THE HUNT IS ON AS OUR HEROES BEGIN THEIR LIVES ON THE RUN – EMMY AWARD-WINNER ZELJKO IVANEK, BREA GRANT AND DAN BYRD GUEST STAR – Following a chain of unexpected events, our Heroes are on the run from their latest adversary and one of their own, Nathan Petrelli (Adrian Pasdar). After Matt (Greg Grunberg) paints a series of prophetic images, the tragic fate of someone close to him is revealed. Elsewhere, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) continues his search for his father and encounters a young outcast (guest star Dan Byrd) with information and an ability of his own. Jack Coleman, Ali Larter, James Kyson Lee, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow and Ntare Mwine also guest star.

Not feeling the Sylar centric crap again, but everything sounds interesting.

While I cringe at the continued overexposure of Sylar, I'm hoping that his part of the episode isn't as large as others. It may be a futile hope, but I hope nonetheless.

God. More family crap for Sylar and more prophetic paintings? These writers could use some new ideas.

I agree. I don't have a problem with Matt being able to see the future as that has always been an extension of most comic book telepaths, but why can't it be just regular visions or flashes in his head. Why does it have to be the paintings.

Let the paintings go. It cheaps Isaac's character from season one.

It's the only way to give Tim Sale something to do while still leaving Peter and Sylar, the people who legitimately paint like Isaac, as central and mobile heroes. The writers don't even need new ideas... they could have an interesting show just following things out to their logical conclusion... but they don't do that.

God. More family crap for Sylar and more prophetic paintings? These writers could use some new ideas.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:csad:

Why is it that anyone who can see the future (without dreaming) paints? Does that come with the package? Does the package include an expert painting tutorial?

I'm just sad Syler has way to much attention. Him and Claire. I like both but could do a little less of them. But other than that every thing looks good.

tho it was pretty sweet how sylar finally got to take on a whole little mini army in the last episode... bout time is all i can say

Doesn't specifically says he kills him. I don't think he will kill a kid. Since he suppose to be an outcast Sylar might take him under his wing. Lol.

I'm just sad Syler has way to much attention. Him and Claire. I like both but could do a little less of them. But other than that every thing looks good.

The one thing that's definitely getting old is Claire griping about how she hates not being able to help people...same thing every time.

I still think Sylar is a BAMF...

And no matter what HRG does (switching teams, etc.), he's still one of my favorites...though I think they need to venture a bit further from the whole "I'm doing this all to protect my daughter" spiel, since that has been totally overemphasized...

I like that we're back to the "us vs. them" storyline...rather than just heroes fighting among heroes. It's much more interesting to explore how people with abilities could or wouldn't be accepted by the "normal" population.

I think this season will be a lot more interesting, and much more like the Heroes we all fell in love with....provided they deal with the "introducing too many characters" syndrome.

Agree. I like Sylar, but he is getting tiresome. Claire is just useless though... I really hate having an indestructible damsel in distress. She was supposed to be a "Wolverine" character, and comes off as more of a Hero's girlfriend type.

After Matt (Greg Grunberg) paints a series of prophetic images, the tragic fate of someone close to him is revealed.

*throwsup:o*

The one thing that's definitely getting old is Claire griping about how she hates not being able to help people...same thing every time.

I still think Sylar is a BAMF...

And no matter what HRG does (switching teams, etc.), he's still one of my favorites...though I think they need to venture a bit further from the whole "I'm doing this all to protect my daughter" spiel, since that has been totally overemphasized...

I like that we're back to the "us vs. them" storyline...rather than just heroes fighting among heroes. It's much more interesting to explore how people with abilities could or wouldn't be accepted by the "normal" population.

I think this season will be a lot more interesting, and much more like the Heroes we all fell in love with....provided they deal with the "introducing too many characters" syndrome.

I don't think he's really switched sides
I think he's manipluating the situation
He's waiting until he has all of the heroes and villains together in one place and then he's springing them out and leading them to victory

After Matt (Greg Grunberg) paints a series of prophetic images, the tragic fate of someone close to him is revealed.

*throwsup:o*

That's kind of a giveaway that it's Daphne. Nobody else is close to him. Unless they're talking about Molly Walker...

He's waiting until he has all of the heroes and villains together in one place and then he's springing them out and leading them to victory

But what he wants is to keep his daughter safe and give her a normal life. The best way for that to happen is to sweep aside all other superpowered individuals and pretend they don't exist; which is precisely what Nathan seems to be planning.

Agree. I like Sylar, but he is getting tiresome. Claire is just useless though... I really hate having an indestructible damsel in distress. She was supposed to be a "Wolverine" character, and comes off as more of a Hero's girlfriend type.

Definitely. Claire is getting whiney. HRG was onto something when he was trying to teach her to fight...he's got no powers but can still kick some serious ***.

That's kind of a giveaway that it's Daphne. Nobody else is close to him. Unless they're talking about Molly Walker...

But what he wants is to keep his daughter safe and give her a normal life. The best way for that to happen is to sweep aside all other superpowered individuals and pretend they don't exist; which is precisely what Nathan seems to be planning.
I *threwup* because they are using the paint the future, save someone crap again:whatever:

Well in the beginning, he was a company operative, and later defected in an attempt to protect Claire (when he had the Haitian mind-wipe him back in season...1?)--that's what I was referring to. But you never know with him...he could indeed be feigning an alliance with Nathan and his cause in order to ensure Claire's safety. We'll have to wait and see.

looks like people can touch Ando without his powers going off, that's good to see he can control it

I wonder if Ando's power would give Claire the ability to heal others
I only mention it becasue of the last photo

and YAY! Ando gets to supercharge more people! I can't wait!

Oh nice idea, I didn't even think of that. I would also love to see what Ando would do with Tracys powers as well.

Maybe she'd go all Iceman on everyone and completely ice-up. That would be fun to see her do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"