• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Chapter 49 - "Trust and Blood" - Discussion Thread - 2/9/09

wow, you know...I just want to say that this season blows away last season. Infact, i'd put this on par with the first season. It's fantastic! I really like the new angle and Sylar with a sidekick...PERFECT.

I agree, people can't have it both ways. People were complaining that Peter was too powerful and they never set any limits or rules on his powers, so when they finally did, now everyone wants to complain.

Franly I LOVE what they have done to Peters powers. Its much better now imo. Plus the power injection that he took still had a lot to be looked at. We know it gives your average person a power but they never tested it on someone who was born with powers. And it just looks like it just rejuvinated Peters sytem but not 100%.

Plus we know that Arthur could suck peoples powers out of them but they still have that part of their brain that gives them the power. All Arthur did was basically shut it off. Once its jumpstarted (which I think Ando did in the future and it just hurts) or injected with the power formula, they more or less return to normal before they were tampered with in whatever form.

The episode was ok. Claire was a little annoying and Peter having one power sucks. Now their's no one who can stop Sylar. I really really want Sylar to run across somebody who'll kick his ass. I hope it's that Hunter dude, whom I think and as some has mentioned has a power to. Sylar is not god like, jeez give it a rest. The man has TK and fires eletricity. He's never shown to use the other abilities he stolen. I'm not even sure what powers he has now.I know he supposedly lost all, oh crap i just don't care about Sylar, he's annoying and has no purpose.

Everyone says that he only uses electricity and TK.....have all forgotten that he has been using the lie detector ability alot oas well....yea its not the best power but he is still using more than one or two

What's the point of Nathan and HRG being a PART of this ''round up the heroes'' plan?

They both are such hypocrites, protecting Claire and Peter while apparently wanting everyone else rounded up.

I don't see either of them as being hypocrites. Nathan's 'protecting' of Peter only went so far as not wanting to see his brother dead. Is that really all that surprising? What sane person would want to see his/her sibling executed simply because they don't agree on an issue? Plus, it'ss shown multiple times in that episode that Nathan doesn't want/intend to hurt them and still sees them as people.

Rounding up people as a precautionary measure is a huge difference from wanting to see them all dead. Think of it as how the government rounded up Japanese Americans during World War II.

As for HRG, he's a smart guy. He knows that whether he helps or not, the operation was going to happen. At least now, he's bargained Claire's protection and at least in the loop on what's happening, if not in some control of the situation himself.

Everyone says that he only uses electricity and TK.....have all forgotten that he has been using the lie detector ability alot oas well....yea its not the best power but he is still using more than one or two

I dont think they have forgotten but he is using that for a reason, to find his father. Plus we dont know if he can turn it off or not.

Frankly he wouldnt even need to use it for the most part. All he has to do is touch the person and he can see their whole life story.

I really enjoyed this episode especially as I was dissapointed with the last episode. I really think the hypocrisy of some of the fans is hilarious. They complain about too many characters in the show but when they kill one off they get pissed.

Also, I think people are kinda jumping the gun on the writing. Stop being so impatient. I remember after the last episode, when Peter accidently used the ice, people were freaking out about plot holes with that and his strength and saying it was sloppy writing right away and oh look they just explained that he has one power. Now that they explained that, people have to find something else to ***** about and are saying that it doesn't make any sense. Wait for a few goddamn episodes. I can see complaints if they never explain it after the seasons over, but for gods sake it's been two episodes. They won't explain everything right away.

By the way, I really hope that they eventually go towards a storyline that states that the future is inevitable albeit in a slightly varied way. Like last season where Daphne died in the arms of Nathan in the future, Daphne has now died like that although for a different reason. Future Peter also came to stop the future of Nathan rounding up powered people but now that's exactly what happened. Also, in the Villians season, Sylar blew up (I think in Texas) kinda like the NY future. Just something to think about.

The last seasons his character has been rubbish because the writers didnt no how to write a character with multiple powers

That's bulls--t and you know it. :whatever:

Sylar. There, your entire argument is countered by bringing up the flaw that has existed since season one in the writer's room... every single writer wants to do Sylar... so they make him awesome. But wait... you can't have a character like Peter around when Sylar is the only one that should be amazing. Cause then the writers would be even more transparent than they are now whenever for no reason at all, Peter just lets Sylar live.

It's not that they can't, they just don't want to unless it is Sylar. And most likely the only people complaining about Peter being too powerful... probably want Sylar as the only multiple power person or just wanted better writing that didn't include Peter being a ****** instead of solving all the problems before lunch.

That's bulls--t and you know it. :whatever:

Sylar. There, your entire argument is countered by bringing up the flaw that has existed since season one in the writer's room... every single writer wants to do Sylar... so they make him awesome. But wait... you can't have a character like Peter around when Sylar is the only one that should be amazing. Cause then the writers would be even more transparent than they are now whenever for no reason at all, Peter just lets Sylar live.

It's not that they can't, they just don't want to unless it is Sylar. And most likely the only people complaining about Peter being too powerful... probably want Sylar as the only multiple power person or just wanted better writing that didn't include Peter being a ****** instead of solving all the problems before lunch.

See you say its Bulls**t, but many other members have already agreed with me... so there must be some truth to it.

and Sylar's not exactly been written amazingly.

the only reason they keep Sylar all powered up is because he is the bad guy. the bad guy usually is more powerful than the good guy.

I lesser powered Sylar would not be much of a threat... so they have to keep him powerful.

its better writing to have the good guys have to think stratagically because they are less powerful to defeat an enemy.

I agree about Sylar not being written well, power-wise or story-wise. I find him just as over-powered as Hiro and Peter used to be, and as Matt is becoming. However, even at his level of competence, his powers are never used to their fullest. The writers give him many powers, and then he seems to forget he has them. I mean, for example, why has he never explicitly used that power he got from Bridget. Clairsentience. Why did they even give him the power only to have him ignore it, pretty much? He's looking for answers, and he never thinks to touch an object and see what happened around that thing? I mean, the writers obviously make Sylar fairly competent because they (and the rabid fangirls) want to make sweet love to him, so why not have him use his whole arsenal? Because then it would simplify the plot too much. If he could get an answer that quickly, there would be no story. It becomes that way with a lot of multi-powered characters. You either make them ******ed, allow them to ruin the story, or come up with some convoluted way to keep them out of all of it.

In the first season, Peter couldn't control his power. Then in the second season, he was an amnesiac and a blind follower. Third volume, he was completely depowered. Now he's limited to one power at a time through touch. Provided they keep this permanent, I will be thrilled beyond belief. The other solutions seemed temporary, like putting band-aids on a gaping wound. Is it convoluted to change Peter's power like this? Maybe, but I don't care because Peter's power has always bothered me. I'm willing to let it slide.

Frankly, I'd love it if Hiro stayed depowered or only got teleportation, if Sylar got limited or killed, and if Matt was limited too. Characters with that much power make these writers lazy, in my opinion. They just sit back and pull things out of their asses because they think they can get away with it. I've always preferred the less powerful characters, like Nathan, Isaac, Niki, Angela, etc. The ones who couldn't just go out and take over the world with their powers.

See you say its Bulls**t, but many other members have already agreed with me... so there must be some truth to it.

Doesn't change the fact that Sylar has always been written better (relatively) than Peter and Hiro and many other characters. And Sylar is the one with the most powers...

and Sylar's not exactly been written amazingly.

But yet... still gets written better than every other character on the show.

the only reason they keep Sylar all powered up is because he is the bad guy. the bad guy usually is more powerful than the good guy.

No. The only reason Sylar is the most powerful... is because Heroes is one huge fan fiction for Sylar.

I lesser powered Sylar would not be much of a threat... so they have to keep him powerful.

Funny. Cause he took out some powered people during volume two with no powers...

its better writing to have the good guys have to think stratagically because they are less powerful to defeat an enemy.

And it's bad writing to force that into the story when it spits in the face of rules that they just made not more than a few episodes ago.

Actually, this season they all seem to be written well to me...

Doesn't change the fact that Sylar has always been written better (relatively) than Peter and Hiro and many other characters. And Sylar is the one with the most powers...

That's debatable (e.g. some aren't too impressed with his recent 'father-hunting, Robin-tagging escapade). Even then, he's hardly involved in the central plot at full power.

I can't believe Rachel Mills (Taylor Cole) was wasted in this episode. Hopefully, she be doing something in future episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"