The Mandalorian Chapter Eleven Spoiler Discussion

Aight, sitting down for this episode

tyV9Xi6nXLIpkZjD005E5jYw9ODPpRdzS4G9bLnzyYKFd9gsnTlPeXjTMxD0Z1vM5-odMd0p8fG02Kj4fZKZQOt8BkiIUZY3H3WYoUh3sZo0cEwOpnJCrXfUXk6UBWtFJZBMOH77yNUPzKrL

- Mon Calamari!

- I like the big dinosaur-looking droid (?) thing that salvaged them out of the water

- Do Frog Lady and her husband ever notice they've got a few less eggs than they started out with?

- Did I detect some emotion in Mando's voice when they rescued The Child?

- They did a great physical job translating Bo-Katan to live-action

- I like how shocked and offended Mando is when other Mandalorians and/or people he assumes to be Mandalorians just casually take their helmets off.

tenor.gif

- When you think you're part of the only group of Mandalorians in existence, then find out you've been raised all along by a cult of rogue religious fanatics...

- Among characters experiencing a sudden midlife inner crisis, he handled that marginally better than Inspector Javert in Les Mis. Up in the sky instead of off a bridge.

- I did Nazi that coming, but the idea of different factions of Mandalorians, and him finding out the ways he was raised with aren't the be all end all he's always believed could be interesting both for worldbuilding and for his own internal conflict/character arc. Could we eventually get Pedro Pascal's face onscreen more than one scene per season max? Or is it true he's leaving after this?

- "He didn't kill your brother.....I did". Bad-ass.

- Hoo boy, putting The Child and the eggs together in the same room again. Where's a Star Wars character to say "I've got a bad feeling about this"?

- Yay, some Stormtroopers and old school-looking Imperial officers. My nerdy SW heart is a flutter.

- Oh hai, Titus Welliver. He wears the uniform well.

- Sci-fi cyanide capsule?
Ha, nice list.

Is Pascal leaving? :csad:

I loved this episode so much.m
I was hype from beginning to end. Jetpack action always gets me and Mando just eating those blaster shots was awesome.
I haven’t watched much of the animated shows. Definitely not far enough to recognize characters from them, but this was still an incredible episode.

Sadly I didn’t think much of it, but will be watching it again at some point.

The only person to say so is Grace Randolph, who's frequently wrong and seems to have a weird hate thing for Pascal like Jessica Chastain.
The Jessica Chastain thing is an exception. Everyone else she has a problem with always have a certain thing in common. I am sure we can all guess what that is.

The Jessica Chastain thing is an exception. Everyone else she has a problem with always have a certain thing in common. I am sure we can all guess what that is.
Oh **** I completely forgot that time she complained they were racebending a dog because Tessa Thompson was voicing her. :lmao:

Speaking of, where the hell are the episode soundtracks this season? Did they say anything about not releasing them with the episodes this time?
You are the second person from this place to ask me this. And while I have no clue, I am going to guess that the crazy price gouging last season probably didn't go well, so maybe we are looking at a proper completel release at the end of the season, that is a bit more... reasonable.

You are the second person from this place to ask me this. And while I have no clue, I am going to guess that the crazy price gouging last season probably didn't go well, so maybe we are looking at a proper completel release at the end of the season, that is a bit more... reasonable.
Oh I guess that makes sense. I didn't mind how they did it last season because I was just picking and choosing the tracks I liked anyway, lol.

Lo3QT8.gif

Yeaaaah looks like it was $72 to buy them all as they came out, so I'm going to go with people weren't biting as much as they had hoped.

The Bo-Katan theme was all kinds of awesome IMO. I noticed it right away too and loved hearing it when they were going all out on those Stormtroopers towards the end. Such a distinct and memorable piece of music and it blended so well with the action sequences.

Oh I guess that makes sense. I didn't mind how they did it last season because I was just picking and choosing the tracks I liked anyway, lol.
You are a rational, intelligent human being. Considering the last 4 years, it is clear the vast majority of us are not. So we must be protected from ourselves. :o

You are a rational, intelligent human being. Considering the last 4 years, it is clear the vast majority of us are not. So we must be protected from ourselves. :o
That's ridiculous. Unlike me, some of you have no control of your spending.

Thinks about how much I'd pay for the full soundtracks to Person of Interest and Umbrella Academy.

Never mind...

The Bo-Katan theme was all kinds of awesome IMO. I noticed it right away too and loved hearing it when they were going all out on those Stormtroopers towards the end. Such a distinct and memorable piece of music and it blended so well with the action sequences.

Ooooh yeah. ❤❤❤ i loved the soundtrack in this episode

Gonna do a play by play as I am watching this episode in "real time".

Okay:

1. Right off the bat I love that they have what looks like an AT-AT/cargo crane. A nice shout out to how real life giant dock cargo cranes helped to inspire Episode V's hulking iconic robotransports of the Empire.

2. Is it me or is the color palette different? Or is it just this is the first time in awhile the background was not a blown out desert?

3. Quareen and Mon Calamari world? Nice to see, and... Makes sense given the amphibious nature of Frog lady's species that a place also colonized by other water breathing races would be where she and her mate would go to spawn.

4. I still... I know they want me (when not undermining it themselves... But enough about that.) to feel for Frog lady in a way to tug at my heart... But I'm sorry. On a technical level yes, the animotronics are impressive... It still looks like I'm watching ABC's DINOSAURS from the 90's. More than ever this season the CGI components are killing it... And the puppet stuff just takes me completely out of it because it's more obvious than ever it's a puppet/animotronic. And this episode shows a stark contrast in the make up/animotronics of the Quarren and Mons. They look more than decent enough. I buy them more than Frog woman or BabyYo.

5. Can't help having a GoT flashback to the scene of Ser Barristan saving Dani from that scropion thing right now with this dock etc. Person watching them, obviously following. Was that Dawson?

6. Don't like it when the food bites back, huh BabyYo? :o

7. This boat shot is amazing. It looks like they maybe "digitally dressed" a real vessel to something more SW appropriate.

8. Well that went south far faster than I was expecting. Am guessing that whole ship of fools just won a trip to Davy Jones' locker or the most convenient SW paralell. :wow:

9. Wow. In so many ways these Mandos look ripped right out of the animated shows. Also... Is this techno sound the motif for the Mandos our Mando has met? If so... Nice. An opposite sound to the obvious Western inspired sound of the show in general.

10. "There is only one way... The Way of the Mandalore." Nice. A great example of Obi-Wan's "certain point of view" approach. This seems to set up a nice conflict where our hero is forced to confront assumptions about... Everything. "This is the way" as he's always shown can mean... Whatever it needs to. This is apparent from the start. Which isn't actually a bad thing. Philosphies, religion/faith... They actually aren't worth much if they aren't adaptable and serving the needs of the people who live by them. But it will be interesting to see how our Mando reacts to people who are of his "faith" as it were... Just not his particular branch. This is kinda like a protestant knight meeting some Catholic ones never having been told about the great schism or Martin Luther's underpinnings for leaving the control of the Pope.

11. Just saying... It was Frog lady and her mate that sent Mando to that inn. :o

12. Oh Mando... the entire Internet knows what you're talking about.

13. Titus Welliver in the house? This please the LOST fanbase @Perfect Cell? They killing it with the casting of all these guest stars and memorable characater actors.

14. You've trapped them WHERE? :funny:

15. Katan wants the Dark Saber so I think that answers whether this ship is aligned with Esposito's faction of Imperial Remnants.

16. And right on cue...

17. Also... We see Esposito has obviously been doing his own brand of extremist indoctrinating. Cuz... I'd have just gotten in an escape pod with my helmsmen after trashing the controls... But sure this way is good too. :o

18. And now... Back to DINOSAURS on ABC.

19. "What a piece of junk..."

20. Anoth Bryce Dallas Howard joint? Sweet. Who would have guessed her talent behind the camera? Granted, sure, she's been around this her whole life because of her father but I guess I would have expected her NOT to be interested in building her directing resume on a project like Mando. Very cool. She's not disappointed yet with this show.

Just got done watching this episode and man Bryce Dallas Howard did her thing with this episode. Every time I watch this show the special effects amaze me. Like truly Disney ain’t wasting a penny on this production.

Just got done watching this episode and man Bryce Dallas Howard did her thing with this episode. Every time I watch this show the special effects amaze me. Like truly Disney ain’t wasting a penny on this production.

Ehhh, they hide the lines of the budget pretty well. And even with the increase in season 2, you can still kind of see the edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"