Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Chloe Bennet IS Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by her recent comments either Ike and Marvel TV has told her it's ok to publicly criticize the Marvel Films or she's the one that will die.

Chloe at Wiz Wizard World

I don’t know. People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show? Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Cause they don’t seem to care

The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all. So, I would love to do that, but they don’t seem to keen on that idea.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/agents-of-shi...ium=socialflow

She seems a bit bratty lately to be honest. Maybe she is the one being let go though. She would certainly seem less naive if she weren't biting the hand that feeds.

I am surprised at her comments, but what she is saying is right, with new Inhumans springing up every day you would think it would get a mention in the movies.

They just don't seem in the same canon for that reason.

The movies can't really plan for what TV is doing. The movies are mapped out further ahead while TV goes from season to season. Even if they were to include the TV characters you likely wouldn't see anything until after Infinity War. Not to mention that TV and movies are run by two different guys who may hate each other.

Also the Inhumans movie has been pushed back. Allegedly that one was something Ike Perlmutter pushed for when he was still in charge of Feige.

Her comments are a little surprising. She isn't wrong (CW could have had Ross make a comment on the Inhuman phenomena in his run down of the problems with the rise of super powered folk at large. Wouldn't have been hard to add that to the script) but that's not a great way to endear yourself to your paymasters.

On the 'split' I do recall that they are more clearly divided now? Feige now answers to Iger for the movies, and the TV end is still under Perlmutter?

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the events that takes place in AOS sort of makes the Avengers look incompetent in the MCU.

I mean you have SHIELD going around and stopping several global threats all around the world, whereas the Avengers are only ever shown to be dealing with just Loki, Ultron, or Hydra stuff.

Plus, the show made it so easy to take down Hydra completely, something that the Avengers couldn't do. If anything, I would be surprised if the discord between the film and television departments is what's led to both entities somewhat ignoring the importance that their counterparts bring to the MCU.

Well you can only show so much in the movies and I think AoU sets up the Avengers as having been a team for a while now. It's like a variation on the why don't we see the other Avengers in this or that movie. You could ask where SHIELD are during some of these movies and say the same.

Also it's good to keep in mind that it's generally been TV reacting to the movies and not vice versa from the beginning. They do plan the films out far ahead and already have to multiple creative teams balance their own individual films with what the others are doing. Adding onto that characters and concepts from TV shows that change from season to season could be more than they're able or willing to do.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the events that takes place in AOS sort of makes the Avengers look incompetent in the MCU.

I mean you have SHIELD going around and stopping several global threats all around the world, whereas the Avengers are only ever shown to be dealing with just Loki, Ultron, or Hydra stuff.

Plus, the show made it so easy to take down Hydra completely, something that the Avengers couldn't do. If anything, I would be surprised if the discord between the film and television departments is what's led to both entities somewhat ignoring the importance that their counterparts bring to the MCU.

I don't think it makes the Avengers incompetent. The Avengers had been taking out various Hydra cells leading up to the beginning of AoU. Hydra's whole deal is that if you destroy one cell then another one will pop up. The only reason Shield was seemingly able to defeat Hydra was because Gideon Malick turned informant and gave them all the intel on Hydra's bases and assets allowing Talbot to surgically take them out.

We have only seen two Avengers movies while we have had three seasons worth of 22 episode television. The Avengers could of been stopping global threats but we don't know it because we don't see it in a weekly television series.

Judging by her recent comments either Ike and Marvel TV has told her it's ok to publicly criticize the Marvel Films or she's the one that will die.

Chloe at Wiz Wizard World

I don’t know. People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show? Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Cause they don’t seem to care

The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all. So, I would love to do that, but they don’t seem to keen on that idea.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/agents-of-shi...ium=socialflow

She sounds like a freshman in high school complaining about the Seniors not inviting her over to their table...

I don't think it makes the Avengers incompetent. The Avengers had been taking out various Hydra cells leading up to the beginning of AoU. Hydra's whole deal is that if you destroy one cell then another one will pop up. The only reason Shield was seemingly able to defeat Hydra was because Gideon Malick turned informant and gave them all the intel on Hydra's bases and assets allowing Talbot to surgically take them out.

We have only seen two Avengers movies while we have had three seasons worth of 22 episode television. The Avengers could of been stopping global threats but we don't know it because we don't see it in a weekly television series.

True, but AOU never really gives the impression that all of the Hydra facilities that the Avengers raided really made an difference in the long run. And once the events of AOU concluded, they never focused on targeting Hydra again despite the MCU establishing that they were still very much a threat.

I just feel like if the two divisions were more united with each other, then we could get things like it being brought up (via broadcast news on AOS, etc) that the Avengers are being very active with a lot of threats in the MCU world.

I think the AOS runners primarily want to tell the story of the characters on their show. Tie ins are nice but they have their own narrative they are focused on and updating people on what the Avengers are up to each week may take away from. People complained all the time during the first season when they regularly name dropped Avengers without them showing up.

Hydra probably aren't gone anyway. Hydra are really hard to wipe out. I think Mitch Carson from Ant-Man was Hydra and he escaped with Cross Particles in that movie.

Chloe Bennett is telling the truth, and perhaps Perlmutter is telling her to say it since he probably has a bone to grind with Feige because he doesn't report to him right now.

Chloe Bennett is telling the truth, and perhaps Perlmutter is telling her to say it since he probably has a bone to grind with Feige because he doesn't report to him right now.

From all accounts Perlmutter is a recluse who talks to a small group of individuals. Joss Whedon mentioned after Avengers came out he got one contratulatory phone call from Ike, and that was the extent of their interaction during his many years toiling at Marvel. I doubt Ms. Bennett made the cut.

I think it more likely that she is speaking out on behalf of the showrunners, writers and actors who don't believe the program deserve the "red headed step child" treatment they seem to be getting from the folks in charge of the movies.

She sounds like a freshman in high school complaining about the Seniors not inviting her over to their table...

She seems a bit bratty lately to be honest. Maybe she is the one being let go though. She would certainly seem less naive if she weren't biting the hand that feeds.

I agree. She's lucky the show hasn't been cancelled. Just be happy you have a job Chloe. The movie universe has enough problems trying to maintain the continuity between the solo movies. They don't need the added hassle of trying to acknowledge the tv shows too.

Her comments are a little surprising. She isn't wrong (CW could have had Ross make a comment on the Inhuman phenomena in his run down of the problems with the rise of super powered folk at large. Wouldn't have been hard to add that to the script) but that's not a great way to endear yourself to your paymasters.

The fact that Ross and Vision alluded to the rise of "enhanced" people, was all they needed. If he mentioned "Inhumans", half of the audience that don't watch the show or read comics would be baffled. And me as a fan would find it unnecessary and a bit distracting tbh. The "inhuman" epidemic is still in it's infancy and is probably under wraps by the government. I would assume that even the Avengers don't know about the Inhumans.

I know that AOS is an MCU show, but I always think of it as as a Shield show first.

So I don't ever wonder where the Avengers are , because I don't expect them to show up.

My biggest problem with it is that it gives lie to Feige and co's bragging about "it's all connected." Don't make that claim, if it really isn't. It's not about the Avengers not showing up, it's about the movies seemingly going out of their way NOT to mention the TV side at all. Don't make the TV shows in the same continuity as the films, if it's only going to be a one-way street, that misses the point.

And I have zero problems with what Chloe said. I don't buy that she needs to "just be grateful" or that she cannot criticize when she feels Marvel could improve (fandom certainly does that).

Oh and no, the Inhumans epidemic isn't being kept under wraps. President Ellis from IM3 gave a big speech about it earlier this season.

She's an untalented, vapid twit who would be better suited to be a Walmart cashier. Between her and the block of wood that plays Ward, I have never seen anyone less qualified to get paid to stand in front of a camera and talk.

Don't mince your words there dude...

My biggest problem with it is that it gives lie to Feige and co's bragging about "it's all connected." Don't make that claim, if it really isn't. It's not about the Avengers not showing up, it's about the movies seemingly going out of their way NOT to mention the TV side at all. Don't make the TV shows in the same continuity as the films, if it's only going to be a one-way street, that misses the point.

And I have zero problems with what Chloe said. I don't buy that she needs to "just be grateful" or that she cannot criticize when she feels Marvel could improve (fandom certainly does that).

Oh and no, the Inhumans epidemic isn't being kept under wraps. President Ellis from IM3 gave a big speech about it earlier this season.
I'm not clear on when that speech was written, but from what I know about television production schedules, I'm pretty certain filming had wrapped on Civil War before that. And they're not gonna spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do re-shoots just to include it. Movies, specifically giant blockbuster movies, are big slow movie and meticulously planned operations. TV shows are quicker and much more maneuverable in that regards. It should be up to them to make continuity work simply because it's a million times easier for them. That's a logistics issue.

The script for Civil War was already completed when filming began on April 2015. AoS season began writing in June 2015. The Russo bros had enough on their plate without having to worry about what's happening in the writer's room for AoS. Should there be better coordination? Absolutely. But keeping continuity should be on AoS simply because their production is far more flexible to adjust.

And beside who should have more priority when it comes to continuity, a film that pushed Marvel Studio over the 10 billion dollar mark, or a tv show that has yet to live up to ratings expectation?

And now, the Inhuman epidemic is not being kept under wraps, but should have been. Then this whole issue wouldn't exist.

She looked hot at the end of the last episode with the darker hair and dark makeup.

I doubt the "goth" look she had at the end of the finale is meant to be permanent. Just a disguise to try and throw SHIELD off her scent (which almost didn't work).

I didn't really think it was a goth look. It just seemed a more Asian look to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"