Christopher Meloni Eyed for Major Role

But Chris has already stated that he's playing a general in the film.

That wasn't official and we don't even know for sure if that incident even occurred. Plus, if he did say that, he could have just been messing around and not telling the truth just to throw people off guard.

I think hes playing a General personally, I don't think they'd have said anything if he was definitely Lex. I think he'll be Sam Lane and I don't think Lex will be in the film myself.

I think hes playing a General personally, I don't think they'd have said anything if he was definitely Lex. I think he'll be Sam Lane and I don't think Lex will be in the film myself.

What I find interesting, is that once this unofficial vague rumor about him supposedly saying he was playing a General happened. Two weeks later we get the official announcement that Lennix is indeed playing a General in the film.

While Meloni's role is a major role but is a secret as of yet and is unspecified? How many Generals does a Superman film need? Plus, Meloni looks to young to be playing Adams father. Granted makeup could be used, but that just does not make sense to me.

Either Meloni is playing Lex Luthor or Lex is not going to be in the film is what I think is up.

What I find interesting, is that once this unofficial vague rumor about him supposedly saying he was playing a General happened. Two weeks later we get the official announcement that Lennix is indeed playing a General in the film.

While Meloni's role is a major role but is a secret as of yet and is unspecified? How many Generals does a Superman film need? Plus, Meloni looks to young to be playing Adams father. Granted makeup could be used, but that just does not make sense to me.

Either Meloni is playing Lex Luthor or Lex is not going to be in the film is what I think is up.

good point, although I think there's a chance lex is in the film even if he isn't played by meloni. but imo meloni would be an amazing lex.

Lex Luthor!!

Chris_Meloni-1-Harold_and_Kumar_Escape_From_Guantanamo_Bay-219x300.jpg

chris+meloni+sloan+kettering+ball2.jpg

0000035389_20061030113524.jpg

chris+meloni+sloan+kettering+ball.jpg

Chris-Meloni.jpg

Why doesn't that make sense to you? Actors of similar ages are always playing each other's parents/kids. Old actors are always playing teenagers. Young actors are always playing old people. Hollywood makeup is an amazing thing.

And Sam Lane IS a major role in post-Crisis Superman. I daresay Meloni would have lots of stuff on his hands with battling multiple Kryptonians on Earth (including one named Kal-El).

i'd prefer someone else meloni is too much of an army type brute to do lex

i think chris is playing lex, im willing to bet on it.

Hey, don't bet on it because of my theories and rationalization. :word:

However, the alleged report of Meloni playing a General is odd. If he does end up being Lex, than it would make sense that Snyder didn't cast a big name since it will be more of a supporting role, that would be considered a major supporting type of role.

Maybe it is Lex and he is a General or a former General perhaps who started LexCorp? Who knows. If he was playing General Lane, than why the big secret about it?

It just doesn't make sense.

Hey, don't bet on it because of my theories and rationalization. :word:

However, the alleged report of Meloni playing a General is odd. If he does end up being Lex, than it would make sense that Snyder didn't cast a big name since it will be more of a supporting role, that would be considered a major supporting type of role.

Maybe it is Lex and he is a General or a former General perhaps who started LexCorp? Who knows. If he was playing General Lane, than why the big secret about it?

It just doesn't make sense.

i always thought chis looked the part... their not gonna have all these generals in this flick. their just keeping the lex casting for last.

i always thought chis looked the part... their not gonna have all these generals in this flick. their just keeping the lex casting for last.

For the record, I still believe Lex *will* have a cameo as the head of LexCorp, providing some military-industrial complex heavy petting with the army; and I believe the casting for Lex will be kept under wraps for a long time.

And for the record, I believe Meloni *is* General Lane; I believe General Lane will have a major role in both the personal lives of Lois and Clark, as well as directing the war against the Kryptonians; and I believe this General Chadwick or w/e will be a *very* minor role --- probably just some yes-man or gofer attache to General Lane.

Lex Luthor will be Meloni. What other major role could be filled in the movie by Meloni that isn't Lex Luthor? Sam Lane? I have not read the comics but I have seen pictures and yes he does look like the drawings I have seen of Sam Lane and yes it is going to be military heavy but I don't see why another Sam Lane would be such a top secret role. I don't think that he is known enough by the general audience (no pun intended) that the casting of General Sam Lane would be so interesting that he would have to keep it a secret.

Lex Luthor will be Meloni. What other major role could be filled in the movie by Meloni that isn't Lex Luthor? Sam Lane? I have not read the comics but I have seen pictures and yes he does look like the drawings I have seen of Sam Lane and yes it is going to be military heavy but I don't see why another Sam Lane would be such a top secret role. I don't think that he is known enough by the general audience (no pun intended) that the casting of General Sam Lane would be so interesting that he would have to keep it a secret.

Perhaps they want to keep it a secret because its revelation as a major role may reveal a huge plot point.
In the last several years (since Birthright?), General Lane has been refashioned into a Marvel Comics General Thunderbolt Ross type.

If Meloni is General Lane, then you can bet your horses that the movie will involve the government attempting to capture and/or kill Superman.

I see him as Lex. Thats who I instantly thought of when they cast him.

He's Lex Luthor for ******* definite :oldrazz:

He said it was a major role, and couldn't say anymore. Why not even give us a name?

BECAUSE HE'S GENERAL LEX ******* LUTHOR!!! :awesome:

It makes sense in its own way. He starts out a General. Takes his battle against Superman personally, probably eggs on a few people to kill Superman instead of capture him. When Superman saves the world from Zod and Co, Lex quits the Army, and starts creating LuthorCorp with the premise of helping the world in his own way....That means feeding the hungry, giving to the poor...building and researching things for the Army to use in case of another Alien attack, whilst using what he develops to kill Superman when the time is ripe. The usual crazy Lex **** :hehe:

General Lex Luthor?

Could that be why they are not revealing which General, Meloni has been cast as?

The Only thing is, that would be like way out there from the usual version of Lex..
I'm Not saying i'm against it or anything tho. If it fits the story and makes sense, then bring it on.

I seriously doubt there is going to be 2 generals in the movie. Meloni was obviously lying.

He's Lex Luthor for ******* definite :oldrazz:

He said it was a major role, and couldn't say anymore. Why not even give us a name?

BECAUSE HE'S GENERAL LEX ******* LUTHOR!!! :awesome:

It makes sense in its own way. He starts out a General. Takes his battle against Superman personally, probably eggs on a few people to kill Superman instead of capture him. When Superman saves the world from Zod and Co, Lex quits the Army, and starts creating LuthorCorp with the premise of helping the world in his own way....That means feeding the hungry, giving to the poor...building and researching things for the Army to use in case of another Alien attack, whilst using what he develops to kill Superman when the time is ripe. The usual crazy Lex **** :hehe:

That's a nice pipe dream and all that, but since *when* has Lex Luthor EVER been a "general" of anything....? :doh:

At this point, I sincerely recommend that everyone on this thread go out and start reading Action Comics post-Crisis and learn all about General Sam Lane. Just because *you* guys haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's not critically important to the current mythos (and has been for the past few years).

these whispers of Lex as a military man don't gel with me at all. i can't imagine Lex being the type of guy that would take orders from someone. his ego is too big, he's too much of a genius, and despite my respect for the military it seems like it would be below him to join. Lex likes to pave the way and call the shots, not step in others' footsteps and follow orders.

Either way, General Lane is supposed to be the general in Superman comics. Swannsick makes me believe Goyer hasn`t done his homework....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"