Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
An apt analogy, because that is exactly what they are throwing out.

You just don't understand the complexity of the poo that they are flinging.

***wipes snot off nose***

You'll see. 20 years from now the poo will transform into gold through a complex chemical process.

I really hope Warner Brothers turns it around because I love DC characters a lot. I don't want the DCEU to be know as the transformers of Superhero movies where the films are bad but they make a lot of money. So the studio continues to keep this same formula going since they will make money regardless of quality.

You'll see. 20 years from now the poo will transform into gold through a complex chemical process.

Nah. Give it one year. Barry will have ****ed the timeline by then and DC will be the big kids on the block.

Re: The LEGO Batman discussion in the previous thread-- For me it falls under the exact same umbrella as the Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars episodes. Lots of fun, but they're not actual SW movies.

AIVFN68.png

Slightly O/T but I just noticed this is the third new thread for this topic in less than a month. Has to be one of the most active threads on SHH.

Slightly O/T but I just noticed this is the third new thread for this topic in less than a month. Has to be one of the most active threads on SHH.

It's pretty much the only place I can vent my frustrations about the DCEU without intruding on someone's safe space.

This made me laugh out loud.

DCEU announcing all these films makes zero sense to me. Focus on what's on their plate already. They have more films ahead of themselves than the MCU...

All these sequels and spin offs too :huh:

They are in such a mighty big hurry to catch up with the MCU. Was obvious the moment they shoe horned Batman and Wonder Woman into Superman's sequel.

They are in such a mighty big hurry to catch up with the MCU. Was obvious the moment they shoe horned Batman and Wonder Woman into Superman's sequel.

That's been one of my biggest gripes with the DCEU, it seems like they're in a rush to catch up for some reason.

Like I said Warner Brothers are in it only for the money, but that can only last so long if they keep putting out bad movies.

I've basically quit the DCEU at this point, so I don't really have much to say about specific films. There isn't much point in posting in the Justice League folder anymore when I have no plans to go see the film anyways. I might go and check the Rotten Tomatoes or Box Office threads once the movie comes out, but that's about it.

This thread (and a couple in the generic DC Films Folder) allow me to post about the direction of the DCEU in a larger, general sense.

Like I said Warner Brothers are in it only for the money, but that can only last so long if they keep putting out bad movies.

So far they have been profitable, but I really think unless the quality improves the box office bubble is bound to burst. Once the novelty wears off and these films have to stand on their own merits, they are in big trouble.

So far they have been profitable, but I really think unless the quality improves the box office bubble is bound to burst. Once the novelty wears off and these films have to stand on their own merits, they are in big trouble.

It's pretty wild (in the best way possible) that superhero films are the hottest thing in the world at the moment. In elementary school I was the weird kid who loved Spider-man more than football, and now superheroes are all over every lunchbox and kids t-shirt I see. All this to say - I fear that inferior efforts like the DCEU and X-men Apocalypse are going to burst the bubble earlier than it would by itself. I hope for longevity within this genre, but that won't happen if subpar efforts keep being churned out.

It's pretty wild (in the best way possible) that superhero films are the hottest thing in the world at the moment. In elementary school I was the weird kid who loved Spider-man more than football, and now superheroes are all over every lunchbox and kids t-shirt I see. All this to say - I fear that inferior efforts like the DCEU and X-men Apocalypse are going to burst the bubble earlier than it would by itself. I hope for longevity within this genre, but that won't happen if subpar efforts keep being churned out.

I was referring more to the DCEU bubble bursting than the genre as a whole.

I'm starting to believe this more and more. Breaks my heart but the evidence is growing.

I've basically quit the DCEU at this point, so I don't really have much to say about specific films. There isn't much point in posting in the Justice League folder anymore when I have no plans to go see the film anyways. I might go and check the Rotten Tomatoes or Box Office threads once the movie comes out, but that's about it.

This thread (and a couple in the generic DC Films Folder) allow me to post about the direction of the DCEU in a larger, general sense.

I'm sadly almost in the same boat. I'm excited but worried about WW. I want it to be great. I have shut the door on JL. I won't be fooled again.

What the DCEU is doing is pure asset stripping.

They have a brand and they're focused on making a quick buck, rather than building a franchise properly.

Contrast not just to Marvel, but to Star Wars as well.

Imagine if Star Wars were run by WB. We'd have twenty movies in the works, most without scripts, nobody would be sure about the chronological order in universe, and Tom Cruise would be attached to the Darth Maul origin film.

What the DCEU is doing is pure asset stripping.

They have a brand and they're focused on making a quick buck, rather than building a franchise properly.

Contrast not just to Marvel, but to Star Wars as well.

Imagine if Star Wars were run by WB. We'd have twenty movies in the works, most without scripts, nobody would be sure about the chronological order in universe, and Tom Cruise would be attached to the Darth Maul origin film.

Lol. We would have had 8 Boba Fett movies, and a slew of Darth Vader and bounty hunter movies by now.

Wait, that doesn't sound bad. But can you imagine the quality?

That's actually really starting to show with them announcing all of these movies. Like, who honestly wants a Deadshot solo film? But, you know what? People will end up seeing it.

I don't know if this video has been posted yet, but it's worth a watch. It goes into the most fundamental flaw of the DCEU: the characters. The issue that goes beyond the discussions about tone or world building and gets to the heart of the matter.

[YT]FXpiRzumrVY[/YT]

I don't necessarily agree with everything in the video, but he makes a lot of good points

Nah. Give it one year. Barry will have ****ed the timeline by then and DC will be the big kids on the block.

Re: The LEGO Batman discussion in the previous thread-- For me it falls under the exact same umbrella as the Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars episodes. Lots of fun, but they're not actual SW movies.

AIVFN68.png

I would be shocked if anyone at WB had the imagination to even use the idea of Flash messing with timelines or even Dr. Manhattan being behind everything (like they're supposedly doing in the comics right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"