Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
aquaman-1484244119.jpg

This costume on the right looks all kinds of awful, but seeing it contextualized like this actually allows for me to see how they could have adapted the costume to be more faithful to the source material while not going the busy, over-designed generic armor route that they went with. Go for a darker orange, break up that giant field of color with some sort of green/gold flourishes... Idk, I could see it working.

People keep piling onto the Cyborg costume (and I get it, it's a bad design) but I'm much more underwhelmed with Aquaman's armor. It's a shame because he looked awesome in that original promo picture on the left.

EDIT: I will say though, in keeping with the theme of this thread, DC's got a leg up on Marvel in regards to doing an undersea superhero movie first. I've been dying for a Namor film as it would open up a whole other side of the MCU, but we're clearly not getting that any time soon and I have no problem accepting a James Wan Aquaman movie as a substitute. Here's to hoping the suits at WB don't **** it up.

Last edited:
aquaman-1484244119.jpg

This costume on the right looks all kinds of awful, but seeing it contextualized like this actually allows for me to see how they could have adapted the costume to be more faithful to the source material while not going the busy, over-designed generic armor route that they went with. Go for a darker orange, break up that giant field of color with some sort of green/gold flourishes... Idk, I could see it working.

People keep piling onto the Cyborg costume (and I get it, it's a bad design) but I'm much more underwhelmed with Aquaman's armor. It's a shame because he looked awesome in that original promo picture on the left.

EDIT: I will say though, in keeping with the theme of this thread, DC's got a leg up on Marvel in regards to doing an undersea superhero movie first. I've been dying for a Namor film as it would open up a whole other side of the MCU, but we're clearly not getting that any time soon and I have no problem accepting a James Wan Aquaman movie as a substitute. Here's to hoping the suits at WB don't **** it up.

I definitely agree that they could have gone more faithful. Not total but a mix between these two. I fear that the underwater realm will get a drab as the surface one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"