Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joss made two of my favourite superhero movies,so I will always love him. He is the reason I'm remotely interested in JL. But he's just one man directing/writing giant ensemble movies so that can easily burn someone out. Russos get to work with two other writers so it's probably a bit easier for them.

DC:
I already checked out after BVS and SS, and I see nothing to pull me back in. Not my Justice League. No Lantern. No Superman (and apparently he was a beacon of hope who brought out the best in everyone....that's so rich coming from Bat-murderer :funny: ). Aquaman is a bad Thor wannabe. No one wanted Cyborg and he looks so incredibly dull. Still don't like WW and I can't really stand Gadot's one anger face she always has on. Flash looks terrible but Miller seems decent in the role. Oh well, my only hope is that the ridiculously early Flashpoint movie will serve to reboot the whole damn thing. Oh, and that trailer music is just about nauseating now.

Not surprised by any of this although I will say this:

GREEN LANTERN: Even though I love Jessica Cruz and John Stewart as characters, Green Lantern is just incredibly lame. Lame powerset that looks horrible in live action. Lame name. Lame look. I totally see why a GL was left off the League.

SUPERMAN: Yeah I agree with you here, the DCEU really screwed up Kal! There's no if's, and's or but's about it.

AQUAMAN: Disagree completely! For the first time in this character's history he doesn't look lame and actually looks bada**! That's a huge accomplishment! Bonus points for casting a Polynesian actor!

CYBORG: He's there so the League doesn't look like the KKK and DC doesn't get called racist despite already having a Brown man as Aquaman.To be fair though he's also there because he's DC's biggest minority character and didn't require a race bend like Aquaman. I'll take Cyborg over Martin Manhunter aka "he's diverse because he's green" anyday!

FLASH & WONDER WOMAN: These two are easily the best heroes in the DCEU!! I have no idea why you don't like either of them but I guess you cant please everyone huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"