Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feige said 'never say never' so i'm holding on to my little bit of hope

Gimme a film with Mark as Banner and Hulk facing off against the U-Foes.

Even with the Avengers boost I don't know how much a Hulk solo would make. But of course we have no way of knowing.

I think WW2 will be more frontloaded but still could be kinda leggy due to the majority female audience. Maybe a 3x multiplier versus an almost 4x one.

I think they might reconsider after Ragnarok, if it performs well and Hulk is a major highlight. Ruffalo is an amazing Banner and I want more of him.

It does suck that Mark won't be able to really headline a film of his own. I think most agree he's the best to ever play the role of Banner/Hulk and it's a shame that he's always going to be a big player in everyone else's film. Even looking at Mark talk about it, does seem like he's a bit dissapointed, the franchise has kind of passed him by at this point.

Check out this awesome Marvel vs DC video.

[YT]VhlxBpvuZKI[/YT]

I'm watching Ant Man for the third time and you know, I gotta say, when I first saw it in theater I was kind of like 'meh it was ok,' but upon rewatches, I really, really dig this movie. I might even like it better than Homecoming and I think that's mainly due to the very innovative action sequences, which I think is what was sorely lacking in HC. Also, the movie has a lot more emotional drama and weight than I remember. I definitely think this is a movie that improves greatly upon rewatches.

Also, Paul Rudd kind of reminds me of that old school, adult Peter Parker from the 80's and 90's. In an alternate universe, I think he could've played Peter.

Last edited:
Ant-man is a great little movie. Watched the special features not too long ago and the way they shot it is very interesting, with an entire second unit dedicated to macro photography.

Here's a hot take: Thor the Dark World is one of the best looking superhero movies ever made.

The first 2 acts of Ant-Man are boring and forgettable, among the worst of what Marvel has done so far. The third act is fun though.

TDW has amazing sets and costume design, but very bland cinematography.

TDW visually looks pretty good but in my HUMBLE opinion Marvel's very best looking film ever was Thor 1. The movie had an incredibly cinematic feel to it that Marvel never went back to after this for some reason. Look at the clip below, look at the sheen of Thor's armor and how the red of his cape pops out. Thor never looked as good in the subsequent movies and I'm including Ragnorak, at least from the look of it so far.

[YT]oUL2MjjSISo[/YT]

I hated the look of Thor 1, tbh. The costumes and Asgard looked too plastic-y and not lived-in, imo. The aesthetics were like the ONE thing I felt TDW improved on.

Interesting. See, to me, "plastic-y" is something I would've attributed to Thor's Avengers 1 look. Ugh, him and Loki looked so weird in that movie. In Thor 1 him and Loki looked regal, in TA, they looked....like two actors wearing costumes, if you know what i mean.

I do, because that's how I felt about Thor 1. ;)

But I agree the Avengers had a plastic-y look as well. It just didn't bother me as much in that film for some reason. Maybe because I liked the colors more, or because it was blending the aesthetics of 4 different franchises together, I dunno.

Its because next to Cap, everyone looked good in the Avengers. :hehe:

I actually love the concept for Cap in The Avengers. It's the perfect design for the old school costume in modern day. A shame it translated so horribly in the movie.

1353cf5993fd0dc072c04430c70b198f.jpg

It all comes down to the head piece's strange beetle brow thing going on and the decision to cover up the ears. put a head piece like Cap had on in TWS and subsequent films and the costume would have been way better received.

Some of the first Thor looks great. But a lot of it looks "over produced. There are a few shots in there that are really cool though.

And yea Cap's headpiece in Avengers was bad. Reminds me of a swimming cap. And the fabric looks kinda cosplayish.

It all comes down to the head piece's strange beetle brow thing going on and the decision to cover up the ears. put a head piece like Cap had on in TWS and subsequent films and the costume would have been way better received.
The ear-covering was the true fatal mistake.

I think the head piece, the glove, boots and pants are all a problem. They more military style pants they used in all the other films worked a lot better imo. And the forearm and wrist guards just make the gloves and boots look super awkward imo/

DCC_eqKVwAAULpT.jpg

Crazy how a DC movie holds the record for both the highest 2nd weekend drop (BVS-69%) and the lowest drop (WW-43%). Curious to see where JL lands... Hopefully it's closer to the latter than the former!

Edit: Spider-Man Homecoming is between TDKR and Days of Future Past btw.

Last edited:
I hated the look of Thor 1, tbh. The costumes and Asgard looked too plastic-y and not lived-in, imo. The aesthetics were like the ONE thing I felt TDW improved on.

Agreed. I liked it a lot the first time I saw it, but not because of the cinematography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"