Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had it effect me that much that it changes my opinion on a movie, simply because most of the crowds I see films with are dull.

Like The Avengers midnight show was incredible, and the 2nd viewing was with a dull crowd. I just eye balled them in a "you guys suck" way.

Movies are what they are,don't care about audience at all. Saw Ragnarok twice with two different crowds and it was equally awesome for me.

Oh yeah, no doubt, i don't mean the quality, i mean the tone/vibe. I think an uproarious crowd laughing at every single joke vs. a subdued crowd could slightly alter your perception of the tone of the movie, or at least it has for me a few times.

Oh yeah, no doubt, i don't mean the quality, i mean the tone/vibe. I think an uproarious crowd laughing at every single joke vs. a subdued crowd could slightly alter your perception of the tone of the movie, or at least it has for me a few times.

I did have a feeling that the dramatic moments stood out more and were longer on my second viewing, compared to the first. I don't know if it was the crowd (a little more silent than the first) or if it just was knowing what would come and having a different viewpoint. Or possibly a combination.

I'm leaning towards the different viewpoint being more important though as I did find it to be even better than the first time.

Mjölnir;35907823 said:
I think Waititi did in Ragnarok what he's been excelling at before, which is balancing the humor and the drama very well. I think he's entirely correct in saying that the combination of humor and drama is a very good way to reach the scope of humanity.

The elevator conversation between Thor and Loki is a perfect example of how to go between the two in a natural way where one thing actually furthers the other and it feels very natural.

Ya, I don't know where they get the "unbalanced" talk when it comes to Ragnarok.

It just so happens to be that the funny scenes are REALLY funny, not that there aren't moments of feels.

I saw The Avengers OW and the atmosphere was amazing. It was like a party. Don't usually get that in the UK.

Only other films to come close were Deadpool, GotG vol 2 and Ragnarok.

I haven't had it effect me that much that it changes my opinion on a movie, simply because most of the crowds I see films with are dull.

Like The Avengers midnight show was incredible, and the 2nd viewing was with a dull crowd. I just eye balled them in a "you guys suck" way.

Nothing will ever touch the experience of seeing Avengers for the first time. I wish the crowd could always be like that.

Ragnarok was the closest experience to the first Avengers film for me. The audience was so pumped for this film. This film is packed with visuals and excitement and we finally get a proper Hulk vs Thor fight.

Just saw it today. Easily, easily the best Thor film.

I think at the end of the day it doesn’t matter whether the comic book film is serious or playful.

It just has to be good.

I think at the end of the day it doesn’t matter whether the comic book film is serious or playful.

It just has to be good.

Just because I like Christopher Nolan doesn't mean I don't like Adam West. It is about having a vision and then executing it.

Avengers opening night was absolutely nuts. Saw it in the heart of Chicago. Never had a theatre experience like that before or since. Audience was cheering, grandparents clapping, kids jumping up and sown and pumping their fists. The hulk smash moment damn near brought the house down. That movie will always be special to me thanks in part to that experience

we are so close, c'mon DC, bring it home!

BggmIQB.jpg

T"Challa;35908679 said:
Avengers opening night was absolutely nuts. Saw it in the heart of Chicago. Never had a theatre experience like that before or since. Audience was cheering, grandparents clapping, kids jumping up and sown and pumping their fists. The hulk smash moment damn near brought the house down. That movie will always be special to me thanks in part to that experience
I was at one of those April fan screenings before Avengers' release. Easily the best moviegoing experience of my life. Everyone was so pumped to be there, it was like our own little temporary community. Totally worth waking up at 3am to drive from DC to Philly, lol.

Still haven't seen Lego Batman.

What was the worst year?

Probably about right looking at the list.

Man, I remember that trailer for F4 Rise of the Silver Surfer and being all like "ok, they got their **** together, this movie looks awesome! Silver Surfer looks awesome and we're gonna get ****ing GALACTUS!"

Well....the movie happened all right.

Man, I remember that trailer for F4 Rise of the Silver Surfer and being all like "ok, they got their **** together, this movie looks awesome! Silver Surfer looks awesome and we're gonna get ****ing GALACTUS!"

Well....the movie happened all right.

That bachelor party dancing CGI :wow:

I choose not to count The Lego Batman Movie in the yearly superhero film count, partially because it's animated and partially because that was such a disappointment for me. I really thought I would like it but I think I laughed once (some funny things in the trailers, but I had already seen them).

It was well received though so I just wasn't on the same wavelength.

I always forget that Spider-man 3 and ROTSS came out the year before Iron Man. It was like the death and rebirth of Marvel for getting things done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"