Color Grading: Discuss Your Visual Preferences for Superman: Legacy

ArmsHeldOut

"I ALWAYS find him."
Reaction score
Have any suggestions for the film's color scheme? Do you prefer warmer colors, such as red, yellow, and orange, or colder ones, like blue and green? Vivid hues or muted? Talk about it here.

Vivid, warm hues. I maintain my film school thesis from over a decade ago now: the general public likes their summer popcorn flicks to be bright and sunny best! And that just so happens to be Superman’s best aesthetic as well. It’s a no-brainer imo.

Now, I know that Film Twitter is not the real world and the majority of people could care less about cinematography, but I do hope that Gunn delivers a warm, colorful movie that really blows audiences away visually.

I'd give anything to have a Superman movie with J.J. Abram's visual language. Say what you will about his scripts, he produces some of the richest, most polished visuals in the industry. I'd also love to see visual influences from the likes of James Cameron and Michael Bay. Basically directors who are known for pulling off lush visuals that pop.

I've always loved how the colors popped in Mad Max: Fury Road.

I'd give anything to have a Superman movie with J.J. Abram's visual language. Say what you will about his scripts, he produces some of the richest, most polished visuals in the industry. I'd also love to see visual influences from the likes of James Cameron and Michael Bay. Basically directors who are known for pulling off lush visuals that pop.
If JJ Abrams didn't kneecap himself with some very serious bad narrative habits he would be a ****ing Godking of blockbuster filmmaking. I say this as someone who loves most of his movies and had him as one of my main choices to direct this. Just a crazy, joyous energy to his movies and one of the best eyes for casting.

I want it to feel bright and hopeful, so the way it looks should reflect that.
One thing SR got right, was those beautiful warm shots of the Kent farm at sunrise.

MOS had the first flight that was breathtakingly beautiful.
My only complaint with it, was it was too short.
We need more of that in SL.

It'd be nice to finally get a Superman film where the colors aren't heavily muted or covered with an ugly sepia filter.

62%20(546).jpg

Superman-Returns-superman-returns-24776830-720-304.jpg

I'd like it to be colored and bright, as opposed to the washed and dull look we had with the majority of Snyder's Superman. Feel like it needs to give off an almost feel good and inspiring vibe, rather than than a miserable brooding tone like we have recently had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"