Comic Art you HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like a 90's Suit.

How can he even fit through doorways?

superman-176-big.jpg

Superman does not use doors. he just busts through walls like the Kool-Aid Man.

I hate Howard Chaykin's work. Seems like all of his characters look like deformed people hooked on speed.

chaykinhoward.jpg

I also hate Tan Eng Huat, his artwork looks like something out of Mad magazine. His artwork during Punisher's fight with The Hood induces hangovers.

^^^Chaykin's work can be just "ugh" sometimes.

The hand placement on that one guy is near another guy's crotch. :doh:

^^^Chaykin's work can be just "ugh" sometimes.

The hand placement on that one guy is near another guy's crotch. :doh:

The hand placement is the least of that drawing's problems. This is from the "Long Cold Dark" Punisher story. Chaykin did the first issue, before being replaced by Goran Parlov. The guy in the blue shirt, in the middle? That's supposed to be Frank Castle. Look at the arm he's drinking with. Why no one told Chaykin to go back and fix that is beyond me. Honestly, Chaykin's artwork ruined what was otherwise probably Ennis's best Punisher story.

Must be Frank Castle's strong hand.:awesome:

The hand placement is the least of that drawing's problems. This is from the "Long Cold Dark" Punisher story. Chaykin did the first issue, before being replaced by Goran Parlov. The guy in the blue shirt, in the middle? That's supposed to be Frank Castle. Look at the arm he's drinking with. Why no one told Chaykin to go back and fix that is beyond me. Honestly, Chaykin's artwork ruined what was otherwise probably Ennis's best Punisher story.

Must be Frank Castle's strong hand.:awesome:
Sounds like a Scary Movie 2 joke to me... :hehe:

That's Castle :wow:? It's good that Chaykin was replaced because he drew Frank Castle to look like a couch potato. :cmad:

Sounds like a Scary Movie 2 joke to me... :hehe:

That's Castle :wow:? It's good that Chaykin was replaced because he drew Frank Castle to look like a couch potato. :cmad:

:woot:

Yea, that part of the story is Frank thinking about how his life would be had his family not been killed, and that's him many years in the future with his son and son-in-law. He's supposed to be kinda fat, and i suppose it works, but Chaykin draws The Punisher pretty much the same way regardless of context. And it's no excuse for the poorly drawn arm.

It seems like when somebody's trying to break into the biz, editors will come down on him for the very things that these "seasoned pro's" do all the time.

It seems like when somebody's trying to break into the biz, editors will come down on him for the very things that these "seasoned pro's" do all the time.
Yeah, which made me come to the conclusion a long time ago that it's "who you know" and not what you know. There is no other excuse as to why so many rinky-dinks get gainful employment in the biz. It's just ridiculous sometimes.

I can say with absolute truth that I've seen, with my own eyes, Howard Chaykin rip aspiring artists at conventions for the very crimes in which he renders his very own panels. I remember Chaykin deflating one guy's confidence so badly that I really felt bad for him; he ripped him for his pencilling style and his storytelling. To top it off, the guy's artwork on a whole look noticably impressive from what I saw...better than Chaykin's.

^^^If it weren't for Miller's name, no way does this even get considered by an editor. Just no way. :doh:

While I love Tony Moore's art in TWD, I hate the nose he gives Lori.

It kills me looking at that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"