Comic Art you HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually,I sort of take back what I said,Supergirl doesn't look too attractive on the cover.

2edvd5j.jpg

Are there shards of glass stuck in Lex Luthor's head?

Christ,and people think that Rob Liefeld's art work is terrible,his stuff looks way better compared to this garbage art style.

I don't know, I think most of that besides Batman's head and the stupid CGI backgrounds is pretty decent. I really like the way Miller draws Captain Marvel, actually.

i feel the need to say that this thread has brought me many lols. In fact, i just joined this forum BECAUSE of this thread. thank you.

I had to re-visit this thread and read the old posts; it never ceases to bring on the LOLs! :woot:

JAK®;18164709 said:
Quitely is a fantastic artist, but like most artists with a unique style he is constantly put on books he shouldn't be drawing.
Agreed 1000%. I LOVE that his style is completely different from any others. Same goes for Tim Sale. People just want to see the same stuff over and over again.

I also hate Tan Eng Huat, his artwork looks like something out of Mad magazine. His artwork during Punisher's fight with The Hood induces hangovers.

Sometimes his art is fantastic and other times...not so much.

JR JR has a different style but he definitely doesn't suck. You should pick up Wolverine: Enemy of the State and you will see how dynamic and bad-ass his artwork truly is.

If you want to see sucky artwork, look no further than the 90's Marvel Comics Presents:

f_1053m_5a90273.jpg

^ I can't think of one established character that looks great drown by Sam Kieth. I'm just not a fan of his style, I guess.

and as far as Frank Miller goes...please. I remember when everthing Frank wrote and drew was beautiful. I'm talkin' bout stuff like Ronin, the Lone Wolf and Cub covers, Daredevil, the first Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, the Superman limited series covers from the 80's, and the gorgeous Elektra Lives Again hardcover ETC.. now he's just some crumb-bum alcoholic hollywood hack! I hope his Holy Terror project at least looks good.

John Romita JR is one of the best guys working in comics today- he's a fantastic artist IMO.

COMIC ART I HATE: Brett Blevins run on New Mutants, Rob Liefeld on anything, Dan Jurgens on anything.

Last edited:
Very nice work. I had been to Blevins site before and while I thought he was a great artist (portraits, paintings and fine art etc). it was his New Mutants stuff I thought was terrible-esp after bill sienkevicz run and some great fill in art. (louise simonson was the real killer of that book tho) I remember reading a Batman story he did years later that was pretty decent and his new book looks fantastic!

Pop Mahns stuff on MCP is pretty awful.

Last edited:
JR JR has a different style but he definitely doesn't suck. You should pick up Wolverine: Enemy of the State and you will see how dynamic and bad-ass his artwork truly is.

If you want to see sucky artwork, look no further than the 90's Marvel Comics Presents:

f_1053m_5a90273.jpg

The Vengeance image REALLY sparks some WTF!

artists that I used to love but have now gone to the dogs

john byrne (x-men/FF/alpha flight)
john romita jnr (early spider-man with roger stern)
frank millar (daredevil)

their late 80's early 90's stuff is fantastic anything they draw now I tend to avoid.

JAK®;19161250 said:
Have you ever heard of cartooning?

You do know that he isn't drawn that wide by mistake, right?

Obviously it's cartooning. Point is, it still sucks.

As lame as Liefeld can be, some Deadpool fans seem to admire him for making the Merc with the Mouth particularly, ahem, "well- endowed," a fact Deadpool referenced in one "Letters to Deadpool" edition of an issue of 'Cable and Deadpool.'
For my own part, one comic artist whose work I can't stand is Howard Chaykin. I loved the 2007 'Punisher: War Journal' series, but had to stop collecting it after Chaykin took over the art for it. Some may think the gritty, simplistic style Chaykin uses looks fitting for a Punisher comic, but I think it looks just plain ugly.
I'd also agree with an earlier comment on Juan Doe using a panel from the 'Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow' one- shot. That was a very well- written comic, but Doe's art looked more like particularly amateurish fan art which greatly lessened my enjoyment of the comic.

Christ,and people think that Rob Liefeld's art work is terrible,his stuff looks way better compared to this garbage art style.
You cant even compare the two IMO. Liefield ****s everything up. Millers art is stylized and not meant to look like a ''traditional comic art'' style. Plus, Miller can make a traditional comic style if he wants to, but that his personal style. Just the way someone like Mignola has his own personal style.

You cant even compare the two IMO. Liefield ****s everything up. Millers art is stylized and not meant to look like a ''traditional comic art'' style. Plus, Miller can make a traditional comic style if he wants to, but that his personal style. Just the way someone like Mignola has his own personal style.

:up:

Miller is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"