Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

Tom Hanks for an older Gordon but a younger Gordon...Brad Pitt or Kevin Bacon

Aren’t Bacon and Hanks the same age?

Hey, Hanks is TWO years older! That’s a big difference!

JK still wants in. I really hope he and Irons are out. I enjoy both of those guys a lot as actors, but I don’t think these were the right roles for them. Neither of them clicked for me like Oldman or Caine did.

Neither of them had trilogies or substantial roles either. Just saying.

I just want a clean break from this Batfleck mess. Why they still might be attempting to connect the movie to that is beyond me. I know there were people who liked that take on the character, but both BvS and JL underperformed and were critically panned. Those are facts. WB would be wise to just let that version die and move on. Irons and Simmons are great actors and I thought they were both fine in their roles but we can sacrifice them to achieve a better vision of the Batman.

I just want a clean break from this Batfleck mess. Why they still might be attempting to connect the movie to that is beyond me. I know there were people who liked that take on the character, but both BvS and JL underperformed and were critically panned. Those are facts. WB would be wise to just let that version die and move on. Irons and Simmons are great actors and I thought they were both fine in their roles but we can sacrifice them to achieve a better vision of the Batman.

Maybe they just want to keep their options open for the future if they decide to cross pollinate again. At this point I wouldn’t care if they just ignored Batfleck entirely and just had this younger batman just be the modern day guy, just imply the Leaguer’s know him/met before and move on. Similar to Rhodey in Iron Man 2...

in light of the recent news of Supernatural being on its final season...
(sorry for the the spoilers for fans who haven't heard yet/ or the feelings to those who have an are in denial lol)
what about Misha Collins as Gordon

we all know he can pull off that trench coat look, just slap a mustache on the guy and call it a day

giphy.gif

Still pulling for Brad Pitt. If Reeves is taking inspiration from Fincher, as was rumored awhile back, what better way to pay homage than for Se7en's young detective to be The Batman's old detective?

And if he's taking inspiration from Taxi Driver, Jodie Foster should be Leslie Thompkins

I could get on board with Bradolf Pittler, it'll never ever happen though. Though hell, they got DeNiro for the ****ing Joker movie, so who even knows?

Macy seems not quite...gruff enough, or something. Great actor, but can't really buy him as the tough-as-nails streetsmart military vet type.

Brad Pitt as Gordon...I wouldn't mind

Macy seems not quite...gruff enough, or something. Great actor, but can't really buy him as the tough-as-nails streetsmart military vet type.
True. I like the suggestions that make Gordon feel someone who could be a hero in his own right... like Brad Pitt, Ethan Hawke or Guy Pearce.

Pearce is cool, kinda feel like I wouldn't really dig him as Gordon though. Might seem a little too "his idealistic LA Confidential character + 20 years experience" or something.

Hawke would be awesome though, if they're going fairly young for Bats. I really wanted Hawke for Doctor Strange personally, Benny Cucumber's great but always seemed a little "obvious" to me as casting somehow. But yeah, Hawke's got that kind of cool calm & collected "strong silent type" thing going on, he looks like a regular joe type of dude, and you can really buy him as this sort of tired, world-weary, grizzled & experienced good guy still trying to do the right thing in an environment that's corrupt to the core.

Do you have nicknames for every actor you bring up?

Ethan Hawke as Gordon...I can't see it but if he is cast then I wouldn't have a problem with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"