Damn, i loves me some Van Sciver...detective #821 and superman batman #28 previews

yeah im gonna be picking this book only for scriver's art and veridian's writing. after the arc finishes im dropping the book again.

J.H. Williams III's art on Detective is amazing... but that's an obvious thing to say it's freaking J.H. Williams III!

i wouldnt mind if they left it black and white

holy ****! Those were two of the awesomest previews ive ever seen!

So is Batman's hand shoving the mugger into the oncoming train, or is he trying to stop him from blindly running into said train? I like it either way.

Check out the size of Superman's head compared to his body in the bottom-left panel.

Wait!

The Parasite? On the cover, the guy with the orange collar and green skin looks like the original Parasite's first form. Is Rudy coming back to replace Alexandra?

see, and people were upset that Morales wasn't on Detective anymore :)

I hope that Morales does come on eventually, but what we're getting is great, so I'm not too broken up about it.

I would have preffered Morales on Detective, but JHW's art looks good too. At least Morales will come back for a few issues and we also get Sale and Cooke.

ATR said:
Detective Comics will have rotating art chores by J.H. Williams, Rags Morales, an issue by Tim Sale, Darwyn Cooke, and others (chosen by Mark Chiarello)

Superman/Batman looks good too.

smbmcvinvb9ci.jpg

nice!

Wow, Superman's left arm (our right) is all ****ed up. Van Sciver's art has been losing its appeal to me since shortly after Rebirth ended.

i'm planning on picking up Superman/ Batman #28 and following the arch through, simply for the artwork.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Wow, Superman's left arm (our right) is all ****ed up. Van Sciver's art has been losing its appeal to me since shortly after Rebirth ended.

shut up stupid jerkface :(

Man I sure hope that isn't a kryptonite blast coming from that thing's eyes. Jesus how many kryptonite enemies does superman need? Is that what his rogues resort to these days?

Assassin said:

Lol.. ok i haven't heard that in a long time. You must've dug deep for that one.

Gotta be honest - as detailed and well-crafted as Van Sciver's art undoubtedly is.........I find his work ugly.

Assassin said:
Just my opinion. If you want to go on liking Van Sciver's overdone, pointlessly busy work, be my guest. :)

Ugh, Van Sciver is making Supes look horrid.

Harlekin said:
Ugh, Van Sciver is making Supes look horrid.

Yeah, and Pacheco's Superman isnt look so hot either.:(

You havent seen the preview in Wizard? He really has 3 different faces for Supes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"