The Amazing Spider-Man Dane Dehaan for Harry Osborn!

Hopefully, we can have solid news by Thanksgiving.

So Harry is going to be Peter's best friend buddy or enemy in the movie?

And is Harry going to be romantically involved with either Gwen or MJ ?

Dare I say that Harry is going to go after MJ, like Ultimate which gets Peter "pissed?".

I really don't know...

For those worried about the potential darkness, this is likely the film that sparked Redmayne as a possible Harry Osborn:

[YT]VLBiVp6sGrw[/YT]

He plays psychotic very well. I'm actually surprised to see him in Les Miz because I know him more as a troubled character actor than leading man type.

^have you not seen HICK he plays a major creeper in that film with chloe moretez

I want Dehaan.

Out of the new four actors I like Eddie Redmayne the most. Redmayne and Sam Claflin where in Pillars of the Earth. That mini series and United are the only things I have liked Claflin in.

Only seen douglas booth in the BBC adaptaion of Great Expectations .

^kind of awesome how the 3 leads in that series claflin,redmayne,atwell making it big in Hollywood now

The choices are every good remember that, who ever comes out we got a good actor to portray ANY version of Harry Webb and co. is going for, be thankful for that :woot:

Douglas Booth is my choice.

Douglas Booth is my choice.

Booth is a good actor but I think he's too pretty for Harry.

USM Harry was a pretty boy but Booth is just...... no. Just no.

But yeah , for me Redmayne or Dehaan.

Other than Dehaan, I'm with you guys I want Redmayne. They're the only two who really look like Harry and could deliver a darker portrayal of the character.

We've seen the pretty boy James Dean-wannabe celebrity-look from James Franco, I want someone, whom like Pete, isn't with the 'in-crowd' at school, but desperately wants to be.

it's a damn shame if Dehann doesnt get it, but alas i have faith in Webb

Maybe they won't be in school together. Maybe Harry will be his millionaire-friend like Lex in Smallville.

Do we know if TASM2 takes place in high school? As much as I want Redmayne, I cannot picture him in a high school setting! Though, I suppose we all said that for Garfield as well. :p

Dane Dehann is out according to comic book movie

"Dane DeHaan apparently left Marc Webb's house disappointed because it seems Sony is looking for actors 'more athletic and good looking' for Harry Osborn; which is more in keeping with the James Franco version of Spider-Man and less so with contemporary comic book depictions of the supporting character.

Today, four new young actors tested for the role including Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook."

I'd be cool with Claflin or Redmayne. I have no idea who Holbrook is, but no thanks to Booth.

"Dane DeHaan apparently left Marc Webb's house disappointed because it seems Sony is looking for actors 'more athletic and good looking' for Harry Osborn; which is more in keeping with the James Franco version of Spider-Man and less so with contemporary comic book depictions of the supporting character.

Today, four new young actors tested for the role including Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook."

DeHaan was the best choice for harry.

Im not taking any reports saying Dehaan is out as fact. Mainly cause every report claims they ousted him and the other 2 and brought in the new batch when Douglas Booth tested the same day as Dehaan.

Both Booth (one of the new 4 names) and Dehaan were photographed at Webb's house on the same day with Andrew there as well.

So yeah. I doubt Dehaan and the other 2 who were initially reported as being up for the role were just dropped and the other four brought in,

The other 4 are just the other actors brought in to test as they weigh their optiohs and decide which direction to take the character.

If anything, Id say Booth and Dehaan are the frontrunners since they both tested with Andrew and I doubt they'd test them opposite Andrew if they weren't leaning towards them. But thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Harry being good looking but still feel not good enough due to Norman. I actually really like that, so while I haven't seen Booth in anything, judging from his looks I can see it.

I can also see Redmayne in that more twisted role.

Thats terrible,we dont need another Flash Thompson like character
We have already had the pretty boy Harry in James Franco.
It would have been better to go a different route

Hope that news is false

Thats terrible,we dont need another Flash Thompson like character
We have already had the pretty boy Harry in James Franco.
It would have been better to go a different route

Hope that news is false

It likely is. Plus its The Hollywood Reporter. Not to discredit them, but I would trust it more if it were coming straight from a different source. Overall, it just sounds like they don't know what they are talking about or are misinterpreting what they've heard.

its kinda funny each of the candidates in the latest rumor, do sorta remind me of the different takes on the character in the different cartoons...

so, its hard to say which/if any of the name I like cause it all comes down to how the character is written, who fits they version of the character the best

I hope Eddie Redmayne gets the part. He resembles James Franco the most and looks like he can play dark,troubling,psychotic roles very well.

Douglas Booth is too pretty boy to play Harry Osborn

Boyd Holbrook is a bit too old to play a highschool student.

Sam Claflin- I'm not sure if audiences will get tired of seeing him in two big franchises

Uhhhh, if they're trying to get a 'good looking actor' they need to avoid Redmayne.
Dude looks like a fish. I don't want him for Harry, he's to goofy looking and I think he's a little bit to old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"