The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Dane Dehaan IS Harry Osborn

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with having Electro in the film with Dehaan's character...I just think Electro was poorly written, with a poor motivation that really doesn't make much sense, nor fit with the rise of Harry's prominence. As well, the character should have been written more to suit Foxx personality, as a fast talking, wise, smart, street hustler, that know how to put together a scheme. That would have given more levity to Electro as a cunning threat, once Max got powers.

To me, it just another example of poor characterization & transitioning plots, by those doing a Spidey film.

the character should have been written more to suit Foxx personality, as a fast talking, wise, smart, street hustler, that know how to put together a scheme. That would have given more levity to Electro as a cunning threat, once Max got powers..

Foxx is an actor so id think he could play something other then what you described and if he can't thats abit of a bad thing for his career

also there has been many different takes on electro (he was german and crazy in the 90s cartoon) but i don't think i have ever seen him portrayed as fast talking,wise and smart

Honestly, some of Spider-man's foes are so one-dimensional that sometimes when i'm bored, i come up with backstories that give these characters more depth. Ehhh, i guess every kind of villain has a place in Spider-man's rogue gallery.

A lot of his rogues gallery are carbon copies sans one or two difference.

GuestStar...you are completely ignoring the point. An actor is as only as good as the writing. Dunst is not a bad actress, but the character of MJ was written nothing of the sort...the same for Toby's Peter Parker half the time.

I have always maintained, Foxx should have never been cast as Max, especially since they wanted to follow the Jim Carey Enigma/Riddler format...whom couldn't play the role he was given...doesn't make him any less of an actor.

Cast an actor that fit the role you are trying portray...if that's how they wanted Electro/Max to be, Foxx was not the actor for that role. That's the point.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with having Electro in the film with Dehaan's character...I just think Electro was poorly written, with a poor motivation that really doesn't make much sense, nor fit with the rise of Harry's prominence. As well, the character should have been written more to suit Foxx personality, as a fast talking, wise, smart, street hustler, that know how to put together a scheme. That would have given more levity to Electro as a cunning threat, once Max got powers.

To me, it just another example of poor characterization & transitioning plots, by those doing a Spidey film.

They should have made Electro like Django. Just a bad ass mutha****er.

GuestStar...you are completely ignoring the point. An actor is as only as good as the writing. Dunst is not a bad actress, but the character of MJ was written nothing of the sort...the same for Toby's Peter Parker half the time.

I have always maintained, Foxx should have never been cast as Max, especially since they wanted to follow the Jim Carey Enigma/Riddler format...whom couldn't play the role he was given...doesn't make him any less of an actor.

Cast an actor that fit the role you are trying portray...if that's how they wanted Electro/Max to be, Foxx was not the actor for that role. That's the point.

so you are saying he did a bad job at being that character? you saying another actor could have done it better? or just that because they had him they should have played on his strengths as an actor?

personally if they had made max quick,smart and wise i think fans would still have had an issue with that

Last edited:
he's saying he did a bad job at being max dillon. electro was fine but dillon needed to die.

Max Dillon has never been that much of an interesting character. His powers and level of threat as Electro can be quite unique, but I don't see how any actor or writer could've brought anything remotely interesting to the character of Max. He's just a very bland character, with little to no interesting backstory or qualities. No great motivation.

And when they tried that with this movie, it just came off very lame. Horribly executed.

Max Dillon has never been that much of an interesting character. His powers and level of threat as Electro can be quite unique, but I don't see how any actor or writer could've brought anything remotely interesting to the character of Max. He's just a very bland character, with little to no interesting backstory or qualities. No great motivation.

And when they tried that with this movie, it just came off very lame. Horribly executed.

Yep, they should have given him better characterisation before he turned. What they did didnt come off as sympathetic, it came off as weird and creepy, so once he turned I just didnt care about him.

At least I cared about Harry in the movie, despite him having some decidedly dodgy moments too, overall he was better written and acted.

They knew what to do with Harry.

But because they were reinventing Electro to make him a fleshed out character, it went down south :o

^I think it would have been better in the end if Max Dillon had been an ******* from the start, Harry was already sympathetic, why not have just an evil villain for once, not some guy with no friends.

They went the Raimi route and made him sympathetic...I wish they would stop with that angle now.

^Agreed, I love Raimi but by the 3rd movie he took it too far. I think making Max Dillon before he became Electro would have been an interesting angle, and made Harry's arc more interesting. In that he gets that desperate he turns to an evil guy for help, and then Electro could have maybe influenced Harry a little once he broke him out of Ravencroft.

Would have made the whole movie more interesting if you ask me.

Indeed. I don't want characters like Quentin beck, Sergei kravenoff, and flint Marko to start off as sympathetic. I'd rather just let them be themselves. Just because they're not misunderstood characters doesn't mean you can not feel sorry for them

They went the Raimi route and made him sympathetic...I wish they would stop with that angle now.

I agree I fell like the only villain we have got that hasn't really been sympathetic is venom. Even though I havnt disliked a sm movie yet has I love sm2 and asm2 and I think asm1, sm 3 and sm1 are good I am getting tired of this whole sympathetic thing and just want a really evil villain already.

I feel that could fall on Norman Osborn. I just wish he was fleshed out more before "dying" and eventually soon becoming the Goblin.

^Agreed, they really shouldnt have killed Norman off in this movie, now they have to come up with a solution to bring him back to life. I wonder if he will appear in the SS movie? Cant see it myself, but you never know.

There's no point in Norman being a Goblin now. Harry has stolen all his thunder. The most famous thing Norman ever did was kill Gwen and that was taken from him. They ruined the Goblin story.

There's no point in Norman being a Goblin now. Harry has stolen all his thunder. The most famous thing Norman ever did was kill Gwen and that was taken from him. They ruined the Goblin story.

I have to agree, I personally want Norman to stay dead, but they didnt hire Chris Cooper to do one scene and then die IMO. Norman will come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"