The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Dane Dehaan IS Harry Osborn

TheIrishAvenger

You are not special.
Reaction score
Marc Webb has revealed on Twitter that Dane Dehaan (Chronicle) has gotten the role of Harry Osborn in TASM 2.

Great casting, kid reminds me of a yong Leonardo Dicaprio.

tumblr_m418xhTVxe1r0mli7o1_500.jpg

any movie you recommend of his?

Dammit IrishAvenger, i posted this is in the first Dane thread before this one *shakes fist*

:up: Great casting choice!

@ Oscorp: I've only seen him in Chronicle and thought he was awesome in that film. He's also in Lincoln and Lawless.

Not a big fan of Chronicle but this is good, good casting.

He stood out in Chronicle, have yet to see him in Lawless.

From the little I've seen him in (Youtube clips) and looks, as well as from what you guys've said about him, he certainly strikes me as the perfect kind of Harry I want to see. Very exciting this, probably the most exciting casting so far. I'll see after watching his films.

So happy about this.

I was rooting for Dane big time and So glad to here he got it.

Nice. Good casting.

Still not sold on Jaime Foxx.

Fantastic. I hoped he would get the role. I liked Franco but I didn't want another athletic pretty boy Harry.

perfect casting. This kid can play "troubled/conflicted" brilliantly and he's got acting chops to be sure. Great choice!

Press release from Sony regarding Dehaan.

Confirms every ASM2 casting so far.

Dane DeHaan will join the cast of the next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man™ along side Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley as Columbia Pictures prepares to begin production on the next chapter of the blockbuster franchise, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio.

The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be directed by Marc Webb and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

The casting of DeHaan as Harry Osborn was confirmed this morning in a tweet by Webb (@MarcW) who wrote "Meet Harry Osborn. So excited to have him on board. @danedehaan."

"Dane is an exciting and extraordinary young actor and he is a fantastic addition to our cast," Webb said.

The new film in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014. Production will begin in early 2013 in New York.

Webb, Garfield and Stone previously teamed on this summer’s blockbuster The Amazing Spider-Man, which has taken in more than $751 million worldwide.

DeHaan caught moviegoers’ attention with his performances in four 2012 releases: Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, opposite Daniel Day-Lewis and Lukas Haas; John Hillcoat’s Lawless, alongside Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, and Jason Clarke; Bradley Rust Gray’s Jack & Diane, with Juno Temple and Riley Keough; and one of the year’s biggest sleeper hits, the adventure thriller Chronicle, directed by Josh Trank. He began his film career with director John Sayles and actor Chris Cooper in Amigo.

DeHaan next stars in Place Beyond the Pines alongside Bradley Cooper and Ryan Gosling. In addition he will star in Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot, with Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth, about the fate of the West Memphis Three; and John Krokidas’ Kill Your Darlings, with Jack Huston, Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster, and Kyra Sedgwick, set in 1944 amidst the Beat Generation.

Mr. DeHaan first came to industry attention with his portrayal of Jesse in the third season of the critically applauded drama series In Treatment, starring alongside Gabriel Byrne. This was followed by a guest arc in the fourth season of the popular horror series True Blood.

In 2010, he received an Obie Award for his performance in Annie Baker’s The Aliens, directed by Sam Gold. The Rattlestick Theater production was cited as “Play of the Year” by The New York Times. Mr. DeHaan made his Broadway debut in with American Buffalo, Robert Falls’ 2008 staging of the classic David Mamet play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"