The Amazing Spider-Man Dane Dehaan for Harry Osborn!

Uhhhh, if they're trying to get a 'good looking actor' they need to avoid Redmayne.
Dude looks like a fish. I don't want him for Harry, he's to goofy looking and I think he's a little bit to old.

Then how is it possible that Eddie Redmayne is playing dashing charming Marius in the upcoming "Les Miserables" where two hot girls (Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks) are fighting over him??

He must be handsome, right?

I think that it's vital that we see Harry struggling more to get Norman's affection and see him having problems such as drug overdosing.

I just don't want to see Harry as the sort of prick he was at the beginning of Ultimate Spidey. I prefer the more dorky Harry from the original comics -- and for one, loved how Franco and Raimi really gave the character his own consistent arc throughout the trilogy, something that can be vaguely said about Peter and Mary Jane (who sort of stopped growing by SM2).

I've always likened the first three Spidey films to Batman Begins and TASM to TDK, but it kinda leaves Harry as the odd one out. You don't have an equivalent to him in BB. Maybe it's what makes the Spider-Man cast so unique when compared to DC's favourite masked vigilante/cash-cow (as opposed to Marvel's with Spidey); but the closest to Harry is obviously Dent and Dent wasn't in Begins. Any thoughts on this?

edit: i'm sorry for this detracting post. RIP.

Last edited:
I don't like that Redmayne guy at all :(
Claflin would be the better choice as he resembles Harry more than any other candidate so far..

I waan see dorky Harry from 616.

The Harry that made Peter look good.

THAT HARRY, not the good looking, good with the girls and popular yet still craves his fathers approval and love Harry from USM.

We got that Harry in the Raimi series.

We do NOT need it again.

I think Hollywood is obviously going to gravitate more towards the pretty boy route since they want two pieces of eye candy to attract the female viewers (the first being Andrew Garfield, obviously).
And I'm fine with that. At the end of the day it works with the character and you can still tell a great story with Harry using him as such.

I would prefer a mix of the 616 Harry and the Ultimate version. Good looking, seeking his Father's love/approval, mixed with the drug/alcohol abuse issues. It could make for an interesting dynamic. But then again, it really comes down to who gets the role and how well that actor is able to portray the character.

I would prefer a mix of the 616 Harry and the Ultimate version. Good looking, seeking his Father's love/approval, mixed with the drug/alcohol abuse issues. It could make for an interesting dynamic. But then again, it really comes down to who gets the role and how well that actor is able to portray the character.

Agreed.
I'd like to see the drug addiction side to Harry be addressed. Although it's not exactly kid friendly

^the Raimi movies got away with showing Harry drinking/getting drunk

I guess they could go the experimental performance enhancer serum stolen from his father company route...instead drugs/alcohol
(they go away with it in spectacular spider-man, I am sure they could do it in a movie) with keeping it kid friendly

I agree!

Agreed.
I'd like to see the drug addiction side to Harry be addressed. Although it's not exactly kid friendly

They've seen worse

the addiction bit is sort of important for the character, yeah they could go with the serum route. I liked Franco as dorky Harry after he bumps his head. Since Webb's approach has been "but the geeks are kings now" he'll probably go somewhere with that. Pete's already a confident skate-boarder, i'm beginning to think we'll get the absolute geek out there and Webb will think that a geeky good-looking guy would still serve as potential eye-candy for female audiences.

I'm not worrying about Harry. Marc knew what he was doing with the characters in the first movie, and so I'm sure he knows what he's doing with Harry, etc.

And I had no problem with Peter being good looking. Not all geeks, outcasts, etc. are ugly or not good looking.

I'm not worrying about Harry. Marc knew what he was doing with the characters in the first movie, and so I'm sure he knows what he's doing with Harry, etc.

And I had no problem with Peter being good looking. Not all geeks, outcasts, etc. are ugly or not good looking.

I'm slightly concerned just because I don't want studio execs to steamroll the casting for handsome, etc, if that's not what Webb wants, but as long as the calls are being made by Webb, I'm not worried. Casting and emotional direction are his calling cards as far as I'm concerned.

Though I was excited for Dehaan as Harry, I'm guessing that maybe when he read with Garfield at Webb's house, maybe there was something missing and that's why they decided to keep searching for just the right Harry. If that's the case, good on them.

Pete was always good-looking, what he was not was an emo. But I forget that this is the same generation that made Twilight into a literary sensation.

Pete was always good-looking, what he was not was an emo. But I forget that this is the same generation that made Twilight into a literary sensation.
I'm just making sure, but are you saying that Peter was overly emo in TASM? If so, what made him seem like that in your eyes?

He spoke to Crave Online and said, “You know, I would love to be in Spider-Man. I have a lot of respect for Andrew Garfield as a person and an artist and a lot of respect for Marc Webb as a person and an artist. If that opportunity were to come along, I would be really flattered and humbled to be a part of it. But that’s about it for now I guess.” When asked if already auditioned, DeHaan replied, “Well, I know there’s a lot of names being tossed around and rumors and stuff, but again, it’s a project I would love to do and if the opportunity would come along and the offer would come along, I would love to do it. Until then, I don't think it’s worth speculating or creating rumors.”

DeHaan has gotten the role, just been confirmed by Webb :D :D

Perfect!

I also love that now thanks to twitter, studios no longer feel the need to spend money on a press release. :p

Perfect!

I also love that now thanks to twitter, studios no longer feel the need to spend money on a press release. :p

:woot:

Dane DeHaan will join the cast of the next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man™ along side Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley as Columbia Pictures prepares to begin production on the next chapter of the blockbuster franchise, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio.

The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be directed by Marc Webb and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

The casting of DeHaan as Harry Osborn was confirmed this morning in a tweet by Webb (@MarcW) who wrote "Meet Harry Osborn. So excited to have him on board. @danedehaan."

"Dane is an exciting and extraordinary young actor and he is a fantastic addition to our cast," Webb said.

The new film in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014. Production will begin in early 2013 in New York.

Webb, Garfield and Stone previously teamed on this summer’s blockbuster The Amazing Spider-Man, which has taken in more than $751 million worldwide.

DeHaan caught moviegoers’ attention with his performances in four 2012 releases: Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, opposite Daniel Day-Lewis and Lukas Haas; John Hillcoat’s Lawless, alongside Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, and Jason Clarke; Bradley Rust Gray’s Jack & Diane, with Juno Temple and Riley Keough; and one of the year’s biggest sleeper hits, the adventure thriller Chronicle, directed by Josh Trank. He began his film career with director John Sayles and actor Chris Cooper in Amigo.

DeHaan next stars in Place Beyond the Pines alongside Bradley Cooper and Ryan Gosling. In addition he will star in Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot, with Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth, about the fate of the West Memphis Three; and John Krokidas’ Kill Your Darlings, with Jack Huston, Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster, and Kyra Sedgwick, set in 1944 amidst the Beat Generation.

Mr. DeHaan first came to industry attention with his portrayal of Jesse in the third season of the critically applauded drama series In Treatment, starring alongside Gabriel Byrne. This was followed by a guest arc in the fourth season of the popular horror series True Blood.

In 2010, he received an Obie Award for his performance in Annie Baker’s The Aliens, directed by Sam Gold. The Rattlestick Theater production was cited as “Play of the Year” by The New York Times. Mr. DeHaan made his Broadway debut in with American Buffalo, Robert Falls’ 2008 staging of the classic David Mamet play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"