Daredevil 2015

Shakel92

Civilian
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the release date? The only thing solid is that it will come out in 2015, but when? I hope we won't have to wait until Christmas of 2015, and instead release it in January or February.

Since Drew Goddard was announced as writer and showrunner, Sony announced that he will be writing and possibly directing the Sinister Six movie as a Spider-Man spinoff. I'm wondering if he reneges on his Daredevil commitment to focus on the "bigger project."

I'm sure most of you remember a couple of years ago when Marvel stated that they were going to make a Jessica Jones TV show for ABC, plus roll out shows for Mockingbird, Hulk, and Cloak & Dagger. I had some seriously high hopes for that and it went exactly nowhere, except for Jessica Jones which may wind up being on Netflix.

I know that the big budget TV series for Marvel this year is supposed to be Agent Carter, which I'm all in favor of, but not at the cost of the Netflix shows.

Its kind of in-between forums right now. They haven't set up a proper "MCU on TV" forum set yet.

I'm not yet sure how I feel about Goddard being so involved, but the good thing is he's really passionate about the character. That really makes a difference. Casting this role is critical. They need to not limit themselves just to tv actors. The fact that it's Marvel and on Netflix should attract a lot of actors to the role

They should make a Defenders subgenre in the TV section. We're guaranteed to get 1 season for 4 characters, and a miniseries of the Defenders, which is more than enough to get its own section. I want to start speculating, and half the fun is speculating what the cast is going to be, but its hard to that if theres only a few designated threads scattered throughout the forums in the wrong sections.

I'm guessing with the Daredevil series apparently being 13 eps and being followed by Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Defenders, I'm going to hazard a guess that we'll get...

Autumn 2015 - Daredevil
Early 2016 - Jessica Jones
Autumn 2016 - Iron Fist
Early 2017 - Luke Cage

...then maybe the Defenders mini-series around Halloween time 2017?

(...that would have the team in existence ready for a cameo in Avengers 3 in 2018/19 ;) )

They should make a Defenders subgenre in the TV section. We're guaranteed to get 1 season for 4 characters, and a miniseries of the Defenders, which is more than enough to get its own section. I want to start speculating, and half the fun is speculating what the cast is going to be, but its hard to that if theres only a few designated threads scattered throughout the forums in the wrong sections.

I agree. There have certainly been forums in existence for long times with vastly less official support for their existence ( *coughJLAcough* ). We have official confirmation the shows will happen, and a couple of directors. That really should be enough to start a single forum.

Yeah, we should PM an admin or something and remind them. It seems like a lot of people are overlooking the fact that we're getting a TV equivalent of the Avengers. This is a pretty big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"