Future TV shows from Marvel?

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Now that WB has aggressively plowing full-steam ahead with not just Arrow's season 2, but also a spin-off (Flash) and a series based on Commissioner Gordon in the works, all of a sudden it seems like Marvel is a bit lagging behind with just the premiere of AOS. However, with ABC signaling that they're interested in more shows based on Marvel's superheroes and Cinematic Universe, we probably won't see AOS being the lone wolf from the House of Ideas for long.

Aside from the rumored development of Agent Carter, what other Marvel series do you think will premiere in the near future? Here are some possibilities:

Daredevil
Moon Knight
Heroes for Hire
AKA Jessica Jones (although I heard it's been shelved)
Cloak and Dagger
The Runaways

What do you think?

Eh, i don't think Marvel particularly cares what WB/DC is up to, and they shouldn't. Marvel Studios is a much smaller entity than WB and they probably don't want to spread their resources too thin over a gang of TV shows. I assume they are fully focused on making AoS as successful as it can be right now, and then go from there. I doubt we'll see more than 2 Marvel TV shows on simultaneously.

However i do think Heroes for hire is a perfect setup for a TV show though.

Well I wouldn't say Marvel is lagging behind with only AOS, since it's a bigger concept than any of those shows and ties-in with their movie universe. I'd honestly say DC has to do all those shows just to keep up with Marvel.

But, aside from Agent Carter, I think you listed all the shows I would think are best for TV (all the most obvious anyway). I wouldn't mind seeing a Punisher show eventually. It doesn't have to air on ABC or a Disney channel.

The one I want to see the most is Daredevil though.

If it ties into MCU:

- Heroes for Hire
- Daredevil

If not, my picks for animated series, possibly via ABC Family or Disney Channel:

- Power Pack
- Runaways

Marvel's main focus is on the films, obviously. They have a different set-up to DC, where they and WB are pretty much one in the same thing. I'm sure they'll want to see how AoS performs first. What if it's cancelled after 6 shows, or even a year? They may not want to get into the TV business for awhile and just focus on the MCU.

A Daredevil TV show is a bad idea on network TV. That needs to be Showtime or HBO, etc. But even then, DD is a neo-noir film franchise with a ton of potential.

Last edited:
No one said it had to be on network television.

Seriously, no-one has said she hulk yet?

Brilliant character, brilliant stories, brilliant potential and he chance to synch it up meaningfully to 'the avengers 2'

Guillermo Del Toro's The Incredible Hulk

Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, the Runaways.

Daredevil and Iron Fist are too good for TV. TV is okay for POS like SHIELD, but not for them.

The only show they need to do is a new X-Men animated series.

Isn't Moon Knight a part of Spidey's Universe?

Daredevil and Iron Fist are too good for TV. TV is okay for POS like SHIELD, but not for them.

The only show they need to do is a new X-Men animated series.

Disney/Marvel will put a new X-Men animated series into production just as soon as the film rights revert.

My dream for a Marvel TV show? Heroes for Hire, starring Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. And featuring team attorney Matt Murdock, who, from time to time, both teams up with and clashes with the HFH group in the guise of his alter-ego.

Last edited:
Daredevil isn't "too good" for TV. He's perfect for TV. Just because it's a TV show doesn't mean it's lesser than movies. You know, considering a lot of shows on Cable now are better than a lot of movies and have movie talent behind them.

Heroes for Hire would have been the property I put on TV before anything. Now we wait and see how AoS does. It's yet to be determined if expanding the MCU on television is a good thing. Sounds great on paper but if the shows don't succeed then it may end up hurting the big boys on film.

The question would be if Marvel wants to put DD on cable, or create an MCU crossover block on ABC. They may look at Arrow and think that tone could work for DD. If thats the case then it's more then a far cry from film.

Disney/Marvel will put a new X-Men animated series into production just as soon as the film rights revert.

Film has nothing to do with it. They have a Spider-Man cartoon even though the movie rights are elsewhere.

Film has nothing to do with it. They have a Spider-Man cartoon even though the movie rights are elsewhere.

The difference is Disney/Marvel is making hundreds of millions of dollars annually from Spidey.

DD and Heroes for Hire need to be on the big screen. C'mon guys don't trivialize these characters to weekly fixes on network TV like a cheesy comicbook strip; these characters are above that. And we know Marvel won't give these characters the time or day to appear on subscription television, so forget HBO and Showtime. There are Marvel characters that work best on television, but not Cage, DD, and Fist. Those are clearly high C-list Marvel characters that can do damage at the box office with the proper care and appropriate budget.

No, Daredevil is one of the few characters who's civilian alter ego is just as interesting as his superhero one. A TV show would allow you to explore both sides of the character thoroughly in a way that you couldn't in a movie. Plus, the way his character is just screams weekly TV show. Heroes for Hire is a concept that works better on TV. Most episodes could be a case of the week, with a long running plotline in the background. Plus, a TV show gives you time to develop ALL of the characters.

DD and Heroes for Hire need to be on the big screen. C'mon guys don't trivialize these characters to weekly fixes on network TV like a cheesy comicbook strip; these characters are above that. And we know Marvel won't give these characters the time or day to appear on subscription television, so forget HBO and Showtime. There are Marvel characters that work best on television, but not Cage, DD, and Fist. Those are clearly high C-list Marvel characters that can do damage at the box office with the proper care and appropriate budget.
My thing with Heroes for Hire is what heroes would they bring in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"