Future TV shows from Marvel?

Jessica Jones shouldn't be supermodel hot, she should look like the older version of someone who was cute bubbly and naive once upon a time.

my pick is Michelle Monoghan

I did some fancasting in another thread, Michelle Monaghan included:

I just feel like I need to fancast something today so I'm going to try my hand at the main characters of these netflix series.

Daredevil

Matt Murdock: I feel like the guy needs to be in his early thirties if not younger. With blonde or red hair (not dark). I don't think attractiveness is very important with Matt, as much as physical fitness (very lean and lithe). Unique eyes are a plus. Ended up here:

Eddie Redmayne. I'm not the most familiar with his work, but I hear he's really good and when I saw him in a couple things on Youtube, I think he could handle Matt Murdock
tumblr_inline_milnj5FCRo1qz4rgp.jpg

Stick: In my opinion he should be creepy and very odd/mysterious. Almost to the point where you don't trust him, but at the same time you trust him more than anyone else in the series. Came up with:

Crispin Glover. Very underrated actor chalk full of drama, mystique and a tad of humor. Perfect for the sensei.
Sundance-Film-Festival-Po-007.jpg

Elektra Natchios: Pretty important to the Daredevil mythos. Preferably some ethnicity to her. Should be pretty, but again doesn't need to be Maxim cover model. Scratch that, maybe she should. How about:

Olga Kurylenko. Assuming she doesn't end up taking Wonder Woman. Or hell, even if she does. Also very talented actress.
191020131336326673472.jpg

Luke Cage - Oh. Black I guess? lol. But lets see, I was thinking mid-late twenties but as long as he looks younger. Obviously he should be big. At least as big as Thor/Cap. He should also have a masculine confidence.

Isaiah Mustafa. I've always liked this guy. I feel like someone should take a chance and cast him in a lead role. He's 6'4" kinda lean, but I bet he could bulk up for the role.
Isaiah-Mustafa.jpg

Jessica Jones - Well... in my research I came across the following suggestion:

Michelle Monaghan. She's not too old is she? Cuz that would be an awesome choice. She's gorgeous. :D
Michelle-Monaghan-Hot-Pictures-0033.jpg

Danny Rand "Iron Fist" - I think we all know what this guy needs to look and act like. I heard someone somewhere mention the following actor and oddly enough, I agree:

Cam Gigandet. I don't particularly like anything he's been in. But he's not a bad actor and the martial arts skills could definitely and SHOULD definitely come in handy in an Iron Fist series.
Cam+Gigandet+CamGigandet.png

And a few others who I want just as a fan:
Wilson Fisk:
dean-norris.jpg

Frank Castle:
605_jane_640.jpg

Marc Spector:
df871b5732.jpg

Jessica Jones shouldn't be supermodel hot, she should look like the older version of someone who was cute bubbly and naive once upon a time.

my pick is Michelle Monoghan
I think a brunette Claire Danes should be the prototype.

I definitely want Cam Gigandet as Iron Fist, he's been my favorite pick for a while right behind Gosling. I'd be ecstatic if we got MCH as Matt Murdock. Luke cage is a tough one though.
If they ever expand with punisher I say they give John Hamm a shot at him.

If I am casting these shows, this is probably what I would do:

Iron Fist: Cam Gigandet
Luke Cage: Morris Chestnut, or Tyrese Gibson
Daredevil: Robert Buckley
Jessica Jones: Chloe Bennet (I think this is probably unlikely now, but would've liked that to be the reveal for her)
Frank Castle: Thomas Jane
Wilson Fisk: Vince Vaughn

Last edited:
i'd be behind Ryan Hansen for Danny Randy, never thought of it before but i likes it. I thought he seemed more Barry Allen before.

Wilson Fisk - Kelsey Grammer!!!!

everyone seen the show Boss? well that + bald head + makeup/fat suit

The producers need to bring in Christopher Priest, Reggie Hudlin and Ernest Dickerson as writers/directors.

Reginald Hudlin, Hell no. I got enough of his comic book work with Black Panther, and I never want to see more of it.

If Daredevil Isn't a dark and serious show epic fail.That's only new netflix show I have
Intrest In.Never read anything of jessica Jones and only know Luke cage and IF from guest appearances in other books.

Hopefully Jebh Loeb doesn't turn this Into AoS.

i want it to be a similar environment to 'The Wire.' but with a few more colorful elements thrown in; i.e the Kingpin and Murdock. if they treat it as if he were just a comic book character, the only people watching will be comic book readers.

No, it was crap. The issue with the arranged marriage to the president's kid was one of the worst single issues that I've ever read, as well as a slap in the face to all of the other heroes.

They can get away with doing the darker grittier stuff on Netflix, which is probably one of the main reasons why THESE PARTICULAR characters are getting shows on Netflix. Also, I wonder if Brian Michael Bendis will be involved in some way? He wrote one of the most acclaimed and popular runs on Daredevil ever. He made Jessica Jones really interesting in Alias and The Pulse, and then used her heavily in his New Avengers run. AND he made Luke Cage into a major Avengers character, which he still is. It would make sense to have him involved with at least some of these shows.

I really hope Moon Knight is on Marvel's list if this first set of shows are hits. I just want to see his badass costume in live action.

Drew Goddard is such a good choice for this. This all has the same feeling in the air as when iron man was first being cast and developed. Just this sense of someone finally doing it all right

I have a great feeling about Goddard, even moreso after discovering he's a huge fan of the charater. He should know what the character demands (and fans) being on Netflix. Melissa Rosenberg isn't a slouch either.

I hope he writes some good courtroom scenes, or gets advice from some actual lawyers so it feels genuine and at least holds up to any Law & Order legal scene.

Ryan Hansen for Danny Rand/Iron Fist

Ryan+Hansen+Premiere+Open+Road+Films+Hit+Run+fov1RNSt4S7l.jpg

He largely does comedy roles. I'd personally like to see someone who has notable martial arts experience and physicality, in addition to being a somewhat experienced dramatic actor. Ryan is usually the funnyman in his team ups, while Danny would often be the straight man to Luke Cage's exasperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"