Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Watched 1-6

Holy **** is an understatement

This show is just fantastic!

- the casting is on point, it's like everybody can act
- I'm surprised at the level of violence ... is this really a Marvel show?
- great plots and character development; Hell's Kitchen really feels like an entity in this show , it's alive and every part of the puzzle is brilliantly connected
- the MCU connection makes sens in this show and doesn't feel forced; they don't mention the Battle of NY just for the sake of mentioning it
- Karen Page is incredibly charming, dat smile

I'm glad this show is on Netflix, imagine ehat it would be like to have to wait for the next episode
But.... we'll have to wait for season 2 haha

I'm at episode 6 as well. The women are really well written I feel. Karen, Claire and Vanessa each have their distinct personalities and are not just romantic interests to the men but also compelling foils.

I'm at episode 6 as well. The women are really well written I feel. Karen, Claire and Vanessa each have their distinct personalities and are not just romantic interests to the men but also compelling foils.

Good observation

I do not want a revenge plot with Owls son. I'd rather they open next season with him in a coma or something. Way too soon to kill him off. Also, I loved how he basically did the same thing Andy Dufresne did to his character in Shawshank to Fisk.

To add another comment as my head collects it thoughts after the binge.

All the villains were great, maybe Nobu was least because he had the least screen time. But Fisk, Wesley, Owsley, Gao and the Russians were top notch. The first 3 especially probably top 5 MCU villains for me now.

Yeah, usually there's one good villain, the main one, and the rest are instantly forgettable (or regrettable!). Here, we have several good villains. Really liked how they developed the Russian brothers.

Well, just finished. Such an excellent season of television. Only disappointments for me were the death of Urich (as great a scene as that was), that Fisk was never actually dubbed "The Kingpin"...and the design of the cowl could still use some work. The suit looks fine to me but the cowl's still wonky. All about the sculpt of the brows, lol. But seriously, those are such nitpicks. This was amazing. Bring on S2.

I do hope to see Gao again, too. Maybe in Iron Fist? Surely that was K'un-Lun she was off to.

Fisk was never called Kingpin was he, 'King' was mentioned a bunch of times. But never Kingpin that I heard.

For me there were two key points of him becoming full Kingpin though, when he told Vanessa about killing his wife, his voice went from kind of a calm whisper to much angrier in most scenes after that.

And then obviously when he got arrested and was in the van telling the Samaritan story, and how he realised he was the robber.

I was kind of expecting the final headline to read 'Daredevil takes down Kingpin of Crime'

I hope he wears the white suit next season.

cool how they set up a bunch of classic Daredevil storylines for the future in this season, as well as Iron Fist. We got the Hand set up, and Elektra reference with that Greek girl Foggy was talking about, Page's mysterious past. So excited to see these classics unfold in live action...respectably this time. I hope we don't have to wait until after Defenders for an S2. That's too long.

11133886_10153280241847059_2592809030192732792_n.jpg

Incredible show. Glad I took my time in completing it over 2 nights. Well worth inhaling and gathering my thoughts, because goddamn those were some of the finest hours of television I'm currently experiencing. Despite obvious bias.

I don't dislike the suit the way most of you do. I dislike the bulkiness due to what the previous 12 episodes had us so used to in the way he'd function [in the black suit] or hits he'd have to endure. It looked a tad silly/odd when Fisk was beating him - then did it feel like too much body armor. The camera angles didn't help either.

Just finished it & I absolutely loved it. I have no major complaints, just some minor nerdy ones. I was disappointed that Fisk was never called Kingpin & that he never got a tower, but that could easily be resolved in a second season.

Also, was sorta disappointed by the red costume. Though, it was only in two scenes & will definitely be tweaked/replaced in the future, still better than Affleck's horrible costume.

I gave it a five stars. It really blew me away.

Only thing I wasn't happy with was the death of Ben, it just seemed unnecessary. And it didn't do anything for the story either and they didn't get the Kingpin for Ben's murder either. Just seemed like a pointless shock.

So if they follow the comics, they need to invent another reporter character to learn his identity later on and maybe expose it or not?

My only other gripe is that Fisk has them on retainer and nothing came of it, later in the show Matt just flat out forgot about it. He said 'everyone who has ever taken money from Fisk will pay' and I am just sat here like "well he paid you lots of money in like episode 3?" so you going to make yourself pay Matt?

But those being my only two gripes after thirteen hours of television, that's bloody impressive.

Good series so far. It doesn't have the cheese factor Agents has. The only cringe moments for me were Foggy and Karen getting drunk together. It just didn't seem to fit in the tone of the rest of the episode. I like this feels more grounded and less fantastical. It shows that there is still a normal real world dealing with the fallout of all these fantastical events, unlike Agents which doesn't know what it wants to be.

I hope he wears the white suit next season.

The last shot of him from behind in prison in the white shirt had me thinking it was the white suit. I admit I geeked a little.

I'm thinking the reason why he didn't go by Kingpin is because now he has revealed himself to the public, when he breaks out of prison in the future he will need a new name and that's when he will use Kingpin.

I'm thinking the reason why he didn't go by Kingpin is because now he has revealed himself to the public, when he breaks out of prison in the future he will need a new name and that's when he will use Kingpin.

That's a likely scenario, he's burned his name to the public now. So he'll most likely go back to being an unseen figure like in the early episodes where everyone had to refer to him as 'the employer' but replace that with the Kingpin.

Is Vanessa meant to become a super villain? Her going away with a large chunk of Fisk's money felt like set up for something important, but maybe it might just be set up for her planning his escape from prison.

Just finished binge watching! Damn, this series is something else. I hope it get's some Emmy nominations, the acting of Vincent D'onofrio as Fisk especially.

I'm gonna throw it out there, I really liked his black suit, shame we won't see that ever again in the series.

Loved all the easter eggs, there were a ton!

Loved the amount of violence showed, it felt very gritty, something you wouldn't excpect from Marvel, but yet here we are, and they pulled it off big time.

My favourite moment of the whole season probably was the rescue of the child at the end of episode 2, my god! How did they film that, it was great cinematography and directing.

Bring on THE DEFENDERS!

My favourite moment of the whole season probably was the rescue of the child at the end of episode 2, my god! How did they film that, it was great cinematography and directing.

I don't want to ruin the magic but if you look closely you can see the hidden cuts, such as when it pans across a dark patch of wall.

Got to watch it again, it seemed so seamless

Got to watch it again, it seemed so seamless

It was pretty seamless, I was just specifically looking for the cuts.

On a side note, it's interesting the billy clubs he gets in the final episode didn't seem to have the grappling hook in them.

Last edited:
Completed the show this morning. For me the best comic book related tv show to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"