Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Why is this so radical? Weed is not as taboo as it once was. Also the reference was to Foggy saying like he "smoked a dooby" once. That's a pretty softcore reference.

For the simple fact that Marvel is owned by Disney which is the definition of family friendly. I smoked bud from the time I was 15 till 27, I am also for the decriminalization of it. I just find it funny that it keeps popping up in the MCU. They are pretty progressive it seems.

Just finished it! So good, the only thing I didn't like was that there was no Stan Lee cameo. :(
Wonder why they couldn't get him?

For the simple fact that Marvel is owned by Disney which is the definition of family friendly. I smoked bud from the time I was 15 till 27, I am also for the decriminalization of it. I just find it funny that it keeps popping up in the MCU. They are pretty progressive it seems.

With all the other stuff that happened on the show, the mention of weed wasn't something that stood out to me. This is a show with a heroin distribution ring and people having fun with car doors. So the mention of weed doesn't really seem noteworthy.

10/10. One helluva 13-hour superhero origin story. Hits all the right notes. Definitely tops AoS, Flash and Arrow in my book. This is Marvel's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and something in-between on the small screen.

10/10. One helluva 13-hour superhero origin story. Hits all the right notes. Definitely tops AoS, Flash and Arrow in my book. This is Marvel's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and something in-between on the small screen.

I'm not a fan of the Nolan Batman movies and I feel this shows achieved everything those movies tried (and failed imo) to do.

I really hope that special effects will eventually be affordable enough, so all the Marvel adventures can be pushed to TV. Imagine 13 hours of Avengers goodness.

I'm not a fan of the Nolan Batman movies and I feel this shows achieved everything those movies tried (and failed imo) to do.

I feel it's in the same vein (and same standard) as the first two Nolan Batman films. Just that it has the luxury of a season to flesh out the characters and story and build the world. I'd like to think Nolan himself would enjoy this series.

Anyone think we might see Kingpin in Luke Cage when he's in Prison? Wouldn't have to be a big part. Just see him in the yard or something.

I really hope that special effects will eventually be affordable enough, so all the Marvel adventures can be pushed to TV. Imagine 13 hours of Avengers goodness.
We can dream...

And the actor playing Foggy isn't very good and the character in general is just annoying.

If this Daredevil is someone who takes half measures, I can't imagine a Punisher set in this universe. Bodies everywhere. He and Stick probably end up as drinking buddies.

The Gladiator foreshadowing was perfect.

Not sure I'd call that foreshadowing. Him and Matt fought and then he became an ally to Matt.

Foreshadowing to me was Karen joking about taking hard drugs.

After D'onofrio's Kingpin I can't wait for Tennant's Purple Man

Not sure I'd call that foreshadowing. Him and Matt fought and then he became an ally to Matt.

Foreshadowing to me was Karen joking about taking hard drugs.

Gladiator poster on wall, throwing a saw blade during their fight, blue prints of for his wristblade mechanism. Foreshadowing.

And the actor playing Foggy isn't very good and the character in general is just annoying.

I thought he allright. Character came across a bit needy though but still likeable.

His ex is lovely though.

Gladiator poster on wall, throwing a saw blade during their fight, blue prints of for his wristblade mechanism. Foreshadowing.

Those were nods to who he was in the comics, not foreshadowing.

In the comics Melvin Potter is an enemy of Daredevil but then becomes an ally of his after reforming and getting therapy from Betsy Beatty. Which Betsy is already helping him on this show.

So the show just jumped to him being an ally instead of him being a villain and then reforming.

I'm just going to say it. I didn't like the costume. The black parts were completely distracting, and the cowl just looked cumbersome and weird. It also looked really bad in the lighting. It looked like it was from a completely different show, and actually took me out of the story.

I would love that but sadly that would be quite a ways away. The rendering would have to become almost instantaneous to do it at the level they use for the Avengers movies if you wanted to crank it out weekly. Maybe when we make more strides in quantum computing it would be feasible

Anyone think we might see Kingpin in Luke Cage when he's in Prison? Wouldn't have to be a big part. Just see him in the yard or something.

I could see him being the big dog in a cameo on LC. But we all know Kingpin has the money to beat the charges like he always does in the comics. Luckily it would be completely believable that his trial would take years because of it's magnitude

If this Daredevil is someone who takes half measures, I can't imagine a Punisher set in this universe. Bodies everywhere. He and Stick probably end up as drinking buddies.

Yup, they have shown they are not afraid to give us violence and mature situations which I think is wonderful. If this is how well they adapted Kingpin just try and imagine how f***ed up Purple Man is going to be when Jessica Jones drops here before too long

We finally got the definitive Kingpin on screen. This is exactly how I always imagined he should be portrayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"