Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'Daredevil' started by Thread Manager, Mar 29, 2016.

1. TheVileOne Registered

They may not show the origins again, but they don't have to with a rebooted cast. Same thing with Tom Holland.

2. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

3. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

I'm sure he is.

4. zenith16 Registered

nah disney's bob igor said he was inspired by the idea about what fox was doing withthe new mutant as horror storand looking atthe Idea of other genres I'm sure there will be room for gritty if he'll allow horror to be a thing .

5. zenith16 Registered

so it' his word against dead line which has be trending

6. TheVileOne Registered

Is it so hard to just post a Deadline link and text?

Also Netflix wanting sole ownership of the Marvel content makes no sense. They can't own solely own characters or properties that already belong to Marvel.

7. zenith16 Registered

seeing that it was via EPN.tv where I found out about it and saw others that sourced it as well .... be side's it took me time to find the deadline one it has alot of pages of the news on the tv side. it took 14 pages from that actual source.to find just the day after.

The video's easier. and still accurrate or tries his best and states the source for those skeptical and this man well known through both the games & comic geek industry.

#1557 zenith16, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  8. The Overlord Registered

Netflix knows this, which is why they canceled this show, they would rather focus on shows they own outright then shows that promote a competitor's brand. These shows would be around if Disney did not decide to get into the streaming business.

zenith16 likes this.
  9. zenith16 Registered

your on the money, sadly this is the case and when you look at it all, the same thing will happen to Dc since warnner own's the cw and they have their own streaming service for that . and now Dc own's their own streaming service as well. Point is with net flix they got parnoid & petty over it.

But it is indeed over the fact that disney made a streaming service and will own a majority of hulu via them buying fox which own's the other half.

Both warner & DC own two streaming services as well and Net flix want's their own priority shows which they out right own and will control with out question.

and t net flix has millar world other where they can do so among theyare buying up where they will own and control.

Solution

Epecially after what was said on deadline which reached other news outlets. so I'm sure the actors if asked , like moving to hulu or if the marvel tv divison does what Dc has done and start a streaming channel service of their own & still distrbutes it to other streaming portal's like "crave tv" & "Shaw Tv" ( see where I'm at with this )next to others ETC as outlets.

it'll be a big blow to netflix . they vew the show & actors as not owned by them.like a bad parent that abandons their kids.

when you think about it all it's petty view wise. but they made this chose partly out paranoina and their not owning whole series thinking they don't need it.

So take them (the shows & the actors) some where else. or create one( a place) and you do the stuff you weren't able to do before like have them guest star and cross over with other marvel characters of the MCU. The univers with outlimits or obstruction. or excuse's. looking at the cross rating for CW, I'm sure anything marvel will do will indeed be better. story wise & more

#1559 zenith16, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. Madam-Shogun Assassin

Dude Punisher is not showing up on Disney+

11. CyclopsSummers Registered

Disney+ deosnt want violent content such as Punisher cie ...

-Disney+ cant reprise characters from Netflix without rebooting these characters
    -But Feige takes care about coherences of his universe and rebooting will make no sense
    -They said Dardevil will appear in futures Marvel projects so Disney+ would probably bring DD back in MCU

What are the issues

Cap and cie will travel to back (Avengers' events) and retconning Defenders'event ???

12. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

13. Mike Murdock Registered

Didn't they say they cancelled Netflix because they wanted to end it on a high note?

14. zenith16 Registered

the actors are free to be used
    as stated below from Newsarama via dead line yet again

it'll give the writer's at marvel enough time to sort things & since this was linked to the Cinimatic univers and certain characters from that are getting tv series of their own ..... it should tenichally apply to both sin the tv serise were link to the cinimatice universe .

but they're the ones to answer this best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comics Film & TV Games
    [​IMG]
    MARVEL's NETFLIX Heroes Have 2-Year No-Appearance Clause In Any Other Projects - Report
    Although Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist don't have a future at Netflix - they may not be appearing anywhere for the next two years due to a clause in the Walt Disney Company's original 2013 agreement with Netflix, according to Deadline.
    See This

15. TheVileOne Registered

These shows and actors are never coming back. It's just the fact, jack.

16. hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

#1566 hellblazer103, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  17. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

18. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

19. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Not so much for Daredevil, but there is a lot for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The Netflix versions of both weren't great or comic accurate to begin with, to the point where they never really seemed to understand the characters.

A rebooted version (say a Power Man and Iron Fist movie) could be a buddy cop style movie about them teaming up for the first time and giving the audiences a new take on their origins that flow better and inform the characters' personalities and motivations much better.

20. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Why couldn't they just run with that now? Again, why even bother rebooting? Just have them be a buddy team-up show and move on. You want to overhaul how the characters act, write them differently. Like any new creative team does when they take something over.

21. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Except I don't want them to be a show, I want a thorough reboot as a movie with more comic accurate castings and portrayals, and without any of the baggage these shows bring. Fiege thinks along these lines, which is why Spiderman got rebooted before joining the MCU, and the same will happen to X-Men and FF4.

The problem with just using the old actors/continuity is nothing will flow properly. These aren't comics. Characters can't just start acting radically different (and even in comics with new creative teams, characters have some consistency). MCU Iron Man generally acts the same in his multiple appearances. Same goes for Captain America and the rest. These Netflix portrayals of Luke and Danny are best forgotten because they aren't good or comic accurate in the slightest. The results speak for themselves because the shows never really clicked with the public or took off like they hypothetically could've.

22. TheVileOne Registered

By rebooting them they can potentially turn them into billion dollar movie franchises under the Marvel banner if there's a will to do so. Not saying that's what I want to happen, but that could be the thought process.

23. Mike Murdock Registered

I understand the thought process. I'm dubious that a reboot is required for that.

24. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Not that I think recasting is required, but even if you want to go that route, then recast. Again, there is no need to reboot. Did we need another Banner origin movie when they got Ruffallo? No. Also, upon recasting both Cheadle and Ruffallo played their roles VERY differently from their previous counterparts. So yes you can. Also to use a non CBM example, watch Rocky. Then go watch Rocky IV. Do you see how differently Rocky is portrayed? That was written by the same guy. Characters being written differently is common in cinema/TV.

As for them not being comic accurate, honestly that is a matter of preference. But even the MCU movies have made drastic changes to comic characters. Remember Thanos? The guy who is obsessed with Mistress Death? Oh wait, she isn't a thing in these movies. Well that's not comic accurate. Where is the masked glued to Zemo's face (or a mask at all)? Didn't Hank Pym build Ultron? When did Hela become Thor's sister? Etc. I can do this all day. There is no real indicator that "more accurate versions" would have been any more popular.

25. Pennywise Registered

Yes, Charlie Cox Signed the #SaveDaredevil Petition

Still don't think S4 will ever happen, but this shows how awesome Charlie is!