Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Late to the party but Zack Snyder wants to do an Elektra series in the MCU and Elodie Yung wants to return to the role.

2. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yikes. Pass.

EDIT: On the Snyder part, just to be clear, lol.

#1627 flickchick85, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Hellion, Web-Head and Bim like this.
  3. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

Elodie Yung, yes! Snyder, no!

Hellion, Dark Raven, Bim and 3 others like this.
  4. Yowza Registered

DD S3 I agree with common consensus was the best season of comic television made yet. Legion S1 is probably better but is it's own unique thing moreso than a comic show.

I disagree with common consensus in that I wouldn't mind seeing a Snyder 1-Shot not tied to the MCU but purely enjoyed as a self-contained film if an adaptation of Elektra Lives. He did a decent enough job with Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen, and MoS for the most part (the whole destruction of buildings criticism towards the end was ridiculous although it had other faults). I didn't mind BvS as much as some although I only bothered to watch the directors cut of it. It had it's faults like most tentpole movies if not less I think. It just wasn't as much of a casual crowd pleaser film which I don't hold against it.

Sucker Punch I haven't seen but from the previews it seems the intent was there but just went a bit too overboard with the fantasy aspect if supposed to be grounded towards the end.

#1629 Yowza, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Hellion likes this.
  5. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

Man, I've been on a serious Daredevil kick. Went and got some TPB's of DD, I got "The Man Without Fear" and re-read "Born Again" by Frank Miller. Such good stuff. Picked up some of the Marvel Knight's comics as well. Echo was a pretty interesting character.

Out of the ones I've read, they haven't featured Bullseye. Any reccomendations on some DD graphic novels? I'm also rewatching the show. This was always my favorite Marvel TV series, well so far. None have came close to it yet for me personally.

antsman41 and TheVileOne like this.
  6. TheVileOne Registered

Here's some recommendations I have, not sure if you looked at these yet:

* Guardian Devil (Smith/Quesada) - Sort of the modern reset of the Daredevil series under the Marvel Knights imprint; Significant appearance for Bullseye
    * Parts of a Hole (Mack/Quesada) - Next story after Guardian Devil
    * Daredevil: Yellow (Loeb/Sale) - Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale retelling of the early years of Daredevil/Matt Murdock. Sort of like a Daredevil: Year One story. I haven't gone back and read it in a while, so it might not hold up but I really enjoyed it at the time. At the very least, I love Sale's artwork.

Hellion likes this.
  7. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'm not a big DD reader, but I thought Mark Waid did some cool stuff with Bullseye in his run. I'd really recommend reading the whole run, but I think the Bullseye stuff comes in around Vol. 5 of the collected editions.

Karelia and TheVileOne like this.
  8. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

If you want classic DD read the Miller run if you haven't yet. The issue where Bullseye faces off against Elektra is a classic. There's a cool issue right before the Miller run from I think it was Roger McKenzie where he kicks Black Widow's ass.

#1633 Doctor Jones, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Karelia likes this.
  9. antsman41 Belongs To Prince

I literally just read thru all of Brian Michael Bendis and Ed Brubaker‘s runs. Haven’t enjoyed Soule’s start...

10. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

I read "Parts of a Whole" and "Underboss" graphic novels under the Marvel Knight's banner, and I actually just ordered Guardian Devil online, since no stores around me had it. And I'm interested in checking out Daredevil Yellow eventually for sure. Tim Sale definitely has an interesting art style (I only know his art from Superman: All Seasons.)

And I definitely want to check out more of Frank Miller's stuff. The Man Without Fear/Born Again are my two favorite I've read so far.

And I'll definitely get around to checking out Mark Waid's stuff too. Thanks for the reccomendations!

11. TheVileOne Registered

Sounds like good reading. Enjoy Karelia!

Karelia likes this.
  12. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

If you loved those stories, his run is pretty much of that quality just more of it. It's the run that really formed the Daredevil we know today.

13. Mister Knight Fist of Khonshu

Hi people. :) How are you?

Since you're talking about great comic runs, are you reading the current ongoing by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto? It's amazing and it's been a critical and commercial success. Totally worth it, if you're interested!

14. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

15. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

Would have been cool. Were they ever planning on doing a Season 4? Or did they know this was the last season and just wrapped it up. It felt like a good ending but obviously left it open for more.

16. NotNickFury Registered

It's a good season to end on, but I have to imagine the showrunners had plans for more. Especially with Fisk and Dex still being around. Hell, the Luke Cage showrunners expected a Season 3 renewal from Marvel and/or Netflix, but we saw how that ended, too.

Iceman and Karelia like this.
  17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yes, they were apparently blindsided by the cancellation. One of the writers posted a pic on social media of them all together in the writers room breaking S4 when it was announced.

Karelia likes this.
  18. Dr. Evil Registered

Speaking of Netflix characters, I think there's a way to bring the Punisher back into the regular MCU without compromising his character. I had thought about this while watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier. That movie is PG-13, but the way Bucky Barnes was used in the movie could be the same way Frank Castle could be reintroduced. With Bucky 100% now a good guy, Frank Castle could easily fill the role of "violent killer" but still somewhat in an anti-hero role.

I don't know. Just a thought.

19. Batghost Registered

How I wish we could've have another season on Netflix, or even on Disney+...Only if they'd keep the cast, though...Afraid they'd water it down, anyway.

I believe I never liked a superhero show so much; easily my favorite from Netflix, even though I loved the Punisher and part of Jessica Jones.

Iceman and MMMMM...Pancakes like this.
  20. kguillou Registered

Why isnt season 3 of this on Blu ray?? I know its all there on Netflix to watch anytime but I wanna own this whole series. Seasons 1 and 2 are available but not 3 :/

21. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Because Disney doesn't care about discs. Last Netflix season released on Blu-ray in US was Luke Cage season 1. Iron Fist was released in a few countries but not here. But yeah, they ain't coming

22. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I've had to settle for buying it digitally on Vudu. :(

23. kguillou Registered

Ugh. Thats such easy money right there though man. Daredevil especially i think would sell really well on blu ray.

24. Mike Murdock Registered

I suspect Netflix also doesn't like releasing these on physical media because you could theoretically unsubscribe after you get it.

SPO2 Dalisay and kguillou like this.
  25. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well they're not wrong - that's what I did! :funny:

Spider-Fan and kguillou like this.