BvS David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he should direct them, it seems like most films where he just stars in are bad, but when he directs them they're allways very good.

I really want Affleck to do a Riddler centered Batman film.

And no sidekicks besides Nightwing and whatever condition Barbara is in. We don't need Jason or Tim or Stephaine or Damian or the rest.

When the first Ben Affleck Batman movie comes out, the fanboys will whine and cry that they don't get to see BatGod on the big screen.

When the first Batfleck film comes, fanboys will say the Nolan films suck and the Burton was did too.

Sigh, predictable.

By the way, I've always wanted to see a Boston Batman.

You know Stephanie Brown? She was you're Robin for a while?

I have no idea who that is. Are you on that Red Kryptonite **** again?

Co-write with Goyer? Personally I would like Nolan still involved. I mean it seems Ben could be in control of the Batman franchise. Maybe have Jonathan help out.

Personally, I'd go with Jonah.

Affleck should write the Batfilms himself. He can do it.

That seems to be the general consensus.

Ok then. By the way how's Barbara doing?

Also I think Jonathan said he would love to do more DC characters. Personally I would like him to help Goyer out and perhaps do a Flash screenplay.

If I had to pick ANYONE from the original TDK trilogy to do the Superman reboot/ other superhero movies, it'd be Jonah. Caviezel is more Batmanish than even Bale, and I think Jonah has a warmth and wit to his writing even more than Chris does. Though I do think Chris is the one with the "wilder" ideas (yeah, I know Jonah wrote the story that Memento is based on)

What I like about POI is the humor feels organic, like the narrative itself stops and chuckles at the absurdity of it all, before playing the silly concept straight.

It's the juxtaposition of hyperseriousness and warm camp, for lack of a better word that makes POI work, IMHO. It's rather balanced, I guess.

I feel like he'd know when to have fun and when to amp up the seriousness of the events at hand. I feel like Goyer tries to be serious, but crams in humor in places that don't belong because he struggles with such a delicate balance.

I prefer Jonah does his own Superhero series. While I am not a Goyer fan, I think he and Zack should keep doing Superman. They just need another writer with him to help them out.

Affleck has Batman.

I think Jonah should do Flash. Flash needs a good movie script. He's such a great character.

Ok then. By the way how's Barbara doing?

Better than Dan Turpin.

If I had to pick ANYONE from the original TDK trilogy to do the Superman reboot/ other superhero movies, it'd be Jonah. Caviezel is more Batmanish than even Bale, and I think Jonah has a warmth and wit to his writing even more than Chris does. Though I do think Chris is the one with the "wilder" ideas (yeah, I know Jonah wrote the story that Memento is based on)

What I like about POI is the humor feels organic, like the narrative itself stops and chuckles at the absurdity of it all, before playing the silly concept straight.

It's the juxtaposition of hyperseriousness and warm camp, for lack of a better word that makes POI work, IMHO. It's rather balanced, I guess.

I feel like he'd know when to have fun and when to amp up the seriousness of the events at hand. I feel like Goyer tries to be serious, but crams in humor in places that don't belong because he struggles with such a delicate balance.

I haven't seen POI yet. I should give it a look one of these days.

"Better than Dan Turpin."

Not gonna lie, I laughed.

So how is your childhood friend, Thomas Elliot, doing?

He's just happy he's relevant, unlike the bast majority of your supporting cast.

You don't take your clothes with you when you die.

He can attempt to write another version of Batman but we have already got his interpretation of who Batman is and his capabilities. We have had Goyers take on Batman.

no it was more Nolan's version than Goyer's

^ Yeah, count me in the minority, but I'm okay with awkward structuring/pacing and controversial performances as long as the film hits the evocative tone and imagery of Snyder's better moments.

That being said Goyer should be consulted for story, if that :p. He tends to make his characters act in ways that the comic counterparts generally don't (Batman leaving Ra's on the train, Clark stealing pants)

By all means respond if you disagree, but I feel like the fan backlash over David Goyer really only started with MOS.

Before that, he was the screenwriter who could do no wrong. After MOS, Goyer took on the blame as the go-to scapegoat for anything wrong with Nolan-associated superhero films.

Thoughts?

By all means respond if you disagree, but I feel like the fan backlash over David Goyer really only started with MOS.

Before that, he was the screenwriter who could do no wrong. After MOS, Goyer took on the blame as the go-to scapegoat for anything wrong with Nolan-associated superhero films.

Thoughts?
At this point it is this way.

Suppose Goyer wrote and directed Citizen Kane and Nolan had story credit, his fans would go "ZOOOOGGMMMZZZZZZ Nolan is the greatest human being in the history of mankind! He has made yet another masterpiece".

And at the same time Nolan wrote and directed Gigli and Goyer had story credit, Nolan fans would go, "Damn Goyer, he has besmirched the legacy of Nolan, he is the reason the film is bad, Nolan could do no wrong."

At this point it is this way.

Suppose Goyer wrote and directed Citizen Kane and Nolan had story credit, his fans would go "ZOOOOGGMMMZZZZZZ Nolan is the greatest human being in the history of mankind! He has made yet another masterpiece".

And at the same time Nolan wrote and directed Gigli and Goyer had story credit, Nolan fans would go, "Damn Goyer, he has besmirched the legacy of Nolan, he is the reason the film is bad, Nolan could do no wrong."

Ridiculous.

The reality is that very few people, either fans or critics, are giving Christopher Nolan a lot of credit for MoS, for either the problems or the strengths. We know what the story is: he has strong lobbying credit for getting Warner Brothers to fund this, and he probably made minor contributions to the story.

Nolan would also never write or direct a Gigli-type film. This is how Nolan-directed movies are regarded, from Rotten Tomatoes critics:
Memento: 92%, 8.2/10
Insomnia: 92%, 7.7/10
Batman Begins, 85%, 7.7/10
The Prestige, 76%, 7.1/10
The Dark Knight, 94%, 8.5/10
Inception, 86%, 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises, 88%, 8.8/10

That may be one of the strongest records of any active director. The only way Nolan ever directs a Gigli-type movie is if he suffers an aneurysm or a lobotomy.

When the first Ben Affleck Batman movie comes out, the fanboys will whine and cry that they don't get to see BatGod on the big screen.

And what makes you think we won't be seeing bat god?

And what makes you think we won't be seeing bat god?

Ben Affleck is a a talented and effective writer and director and thus I expect him to develop a complex character than a "badass" in the mould of Jor-El, Khan Noonien-Singh, or Tony Stark.

I'm willing to wager, if you want, but I doubt either of us will remember this by the time Affleck develops his own movie.

Ben Affleck is a a talented and effective writer and director and thus I expect him to develop a complex character than a "badass" in the mould of Jor-El, Khan Noonien-Singh, or Tony Stark.

I'm willing to wager, if you want, but I doubt either of us will remember this by the time Affleck develops his own movie.

Your words imply that "badass" and "complex character" are mutually exclusive.
You also seem to be under the impression that "batgod" is synonymous to these three characters you listed above.

Far as to say you are wrong on both counts but I was just curious if you were basing your prediction on something other than a personal inclination(like if you've heard something).

As for my prediction. I think alot of the batgod prerequisites can be solved on the level of direction. And I think Affleck is simply better and more respective of the source material than nolan. Whether or not "batgod" as you define him is present on screen soon, something more inclined with what I see in the source material will no doubt be upon us is my personal inclination.

Your words imply that "badass" and "complex character" are mutually exclusive.
You also seem to be under the impression that "batgod" is synonymous to these three characters you listed above.

Far as to say you are wrong on both counts but I was just curious if you were basing your prediction on something other than a personal inclination(like if you've heard something).

As for my prediction. I think alot of the batgod prerequisites can be solved on the level of direction. And I think Affleck is simply better and more respective of the source material than nolan. Whether or not "batgod" as you define him is present on screen soon, something more inclined with what I see in the source material will no doubt be upon us is my personal inclination.

So how about a wager?

I think that's more likely in the BvS film. They will cry that BatGod couldn't defeat Superman.

And yes, I'm confident that in the versus portion of the film, Superman will defeat Batman.

I think that's more likely in the BvS film. They will cry that BatGod couldn't defeat Superman.

And yes, I'm confident that in the versus portion of the film, Superman will defeat Batman.

I've thought about it, and if that's the direction Snyder wants to go in, Batman can beat up Superman:

- In the second Hulk movie, loud noises are used to scare Hulk, that should also work on a Kryptonian. Using sensory overload to attack Supeman should be a general strategy imo.
- Hit him with missiles. MoS shows that Superman recoils from missiles.
- Use some Kryptonian technology picked up.
- There may be other alien technology lying around that authorities have kept secret.
- have the proto justice league help him out
- Have Batman lure Superman into a room with a Kryptonian atmosphere
- etc

Snyder can convincingly tell Superman winning, Batman winning, or a draw. Whatever story he wants to tell can work.

So how about a wager?

First you'd need to define "Batgod"
Cause I'm clearly just calling for something more congruent to the ongoing source material in relation to Nolan's efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"