BvS David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Goyer thinks the audience will care about Batman only because he's Batman, then well... we're ******.

just a thought :oldrazz:

This this this, Goyer needs to go he is the route of the problem his served faithfully now he needs to go. I mean how are you going to write a reboot with a guy who handled the previous adaptation.

So he can only write one version of Batman?

So he can only write one version of Batman?

He can attempt to write another version of Batman but we have already got his interpretation of who Batman is and his capabilities. We have had Goyers take on Batman.

If Goyer thinks the audience will care about Batman only because he's Batman, then well... we're ******.

just a thought :oldrazz:

Why are people still worrying about this...? He did co-write with Nolan y'know. The same Goyer that said this:

Q: When you tackled Christopher Nolan’s Batman series, what did you aspire to do that was new and different from previous films?

A: The first thing was that we tried to write about the gadgetry as if it were real; we were rigorous about the storytelling and we would never introduce something and not at least explain how a gadget could exist in the real world -- how the Batmobile or Batman’s cape could work, for example. So everything had to be based on technology that either existed or was on the drawing board, to give it verisimilitude. The other thing is that we didn’t want Batman to appear in the suit for at least 45 minutes into the film, because we wanted to get people so invested in Bruce Wayne that they didn’t care whether or not he was in the suit. So one of the first things I said to Chris is that I was adamant that there be a massive action sequence, almost Indiana Jones-style, involving Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the film, and that is where he escapes from the League of Shadows.

I'm not saying he'll write the exact same Batman for Affleck. But give the guy some credit. He knows what he's doing.

He can attempt to write another version of Batman but we have already got his interpretation of who Batman is and his capabilities. We have had Goyers take on Batman.

Right off the bat, a different director will change the way his fighting prowess is perceived on screen.
Secondly him matching up against superman will mean his brains will have to be presented differently.

This absolutely cannot be the same batman that threw some fire crackers at Tom Hardy and growled. No chance.

Paul Dini wrote the screenplay to Maleficent.

I'm just saying. Dini did write Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Mask of the Phantom, Batman: Mad Love, Batman: War on Crime, Batman: Heart of Hush, Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth, and Superman: Peace on Earth.

Better than having the screenwriter to Blade 3.

I'm just saying. Dini did write Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Mask of the Phantom, Batman: Mad Love, Batman: War on Crime, Batman: Heart of Hush, Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth, and Superman: Peace on Earth.

So the best way to argue your point is to choose a few great works from Paul Dini and juxtapose that to one bad project from Goyer (while ignoring the works that he has been good in)? How is that even a fair comparison?

Also, the DCAU heavily favoured Batman while disregarding discrepancies. For instance, who in their right mind would think that Batman is able to lift Superman and throw him across a bar? That made no sense at all. I get that Paul Dini is a good writer, but let's not ignore the flawed subtleties in his story.

Right and his take was a young inexperienced Batman, he has also wrote other works that include batman as a advance crime fighter in the comics, they man is gifted writer and can probably cook up a different version of Batman for film he has already done so in print.

That's one way to frame a comparison, there are others.

So the best way to argue your point is to choose a few great works from Paul Dini and juxtapose that to one bad project from Goyer (while ignoring the works that he has been good in)? How is that even a fair comparison?

Also, the DCAU heavily favoured Batman while disregarding discrepancies. For instance, who in their right mind would think that Batman is able to lift Superman and throw him across a bar? That made no sense at all. I get that Paul Dini is a good writer, but let's not ignore the flawed subtleties in his story.

Rewatched Man of Steel last night. So the guy in the bar couldn't push Clark but the fat guy on the boat could tackle Clark when he goes to pick something up?

Still if you don't think Dini could write a good Superman, read Peace On Earth. Dini writing mixed with Alex Ross art.

In terms of action scenes, let's not forget the plane sequence from SR. I won't argue it for being the best but it sure did capture the character in classic fashion.

I have never got the hype over the plane sequence in SR.

Rewatched Man of Steel last night. So the guy in the bar couldn't push Clark but the fat guy on the boat could tackle Clark when he goes to pick something up?

I think Clark let the guy tackle him. That, or he just wasn't paying attention. Clark doesn't weigh more than the average man and could theoretically be tossed around like one if caught off guard.

I think Clark let the guy tackle him. That, or he just wasn't paying attention. Clark doesn't weigh more than the average man and could theoretically be tossed around like one if caught off guard.

I'm just saying if you ever caught me off guard you could throw me across a room.

:woot:

Clark being caught of guard and tossed around hinges on his reaction time. If he is pushed by and average person, it's very likely because he at some point in the millionth second of reaction time he has decided to let it happen.

This explains MOS.

As for that dini fiasco, I personally chalk that up to:
-Superman being taken aback at the boldness of it all(look at his face).
-In comic books luthor puts on a stupid suit and he can all of a sudden hang...the norm.

I could destroy a city. Hell I could destroy this planet.

With what? You could some Batarang in that utility belt of yours?

Oh yea I'm sure that will work. Let's see you go 10 rounds against Doomsday with it to see if it works.

It's not like you went 10 rounds. He offed your ass in one. :o

I offed his ass too and he has yet to beat me again. I didn't see you there fighting him, helping out.

I didn't see you rescuing innocent civilians and trying to minimize the damage you were causing to the urban environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"