DC/Marvel Hero Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. Otherwise he would have taken the 616 long ago. He's basically God in his dimension. Outside, he's still powerful. Powerful enough to give the Spectre some serious go, but not God, or rather, anti-God.

INSIDE his dimension, he'd turn the Spectre into a Pimp Cup.:o

OUTSIDE his dimension, he's still a massive cosmic level threat, which is what he said anyway.

6-5 The Spectre

I'll back Spectre outside of Dormammu's dimension... I just haven't seen enough to bet against him.

The Spirit of Vengeance leaves Dormammu laying in Limbo after a titantic clash with a 7-5 close.

imperiex.gif

Imperiex Prime

VS

galactuscool.jpg

Annihilation: Galactus

I'm gonna go imperix. Big G eats planets, Imperix destroys galaxys. Nuff said.

Galactus is smart enough not to destroy galaxies since they produce his meals. Destroy the galaxies, destroy the food supply.

Yeah, which is why he's always never quite 100%. Imperix on the other hand doesn't have that problem.

Does Galactus do that? I thought he could only munch on the unique energy planets provide.

Galactus can absorb and use any form of energy but only the energy of living planets has nutritional value. The rest he can absorb, use, throw back at foes, etc. It is however only empty calories.

I'll say Imperiex. It took a lot more to hinder him than it usually takes to hinder Galactus.

Yeah, but without a host, wasn't he MORE dangerous? I mean, he basically killed all the heavy hitters of magic. The leaders of Chaos and Order. SHAZAM. Nabu. I mean, when it came down to it, God was the one who had to knock some sense into him.
The host holds the Spectre back from going crazy and killing everything in existence, sure, but has the same access to that kind of power if needed. In fact, it's easily argued that the Spectre's real power is only complete with a host. Without one, the Spectre can and has been subdued. Twice in Day of Vengeance it was almost destroyed by mortals pulling clever shenanigans. And, worse, it has the alarming tendency to fall under the sway of more forceful personalities like Eclipso and Asmodel (in Day of Judgment). A demonic mastermind like Dormammu? A hostless, unhinged Spectre would be like an afternoon project for him.

"No son, you don't really wanna kill me. You wanna know the real source of evil in the universe? Lemme tell you about a guy named Stephen..."

Last edited:
Dormmamu has, classically at least, not been the mastermind type. He has been the type who would try to force himself into the position of the Spectre's host and dominate the relationship thus adding the Spectre's power to his own. He is a conqueror rather than a plotter although undoubtedly capable of plotting when he felt he had to.

Yeah, which is why he's always never quite 100%. Imperix on the other hand doesn't have that problem.

Which is why I chose the rejuvenated Annihilation Galactus, he's as close to 100% as we've seen him in a long time, if ever.

By all means, what we've seen from Galactus since his introduction into the MU is the tip of the proverbial iceberg. He's done things driven and weakened by hunger that would put Imperiex on notice. The angry, powered Galactus that took on Aegis and Tenebrous is more than Imperiex's match.

Oh and at no point in time would I ever see Galactus bat an eyelash at Supes like Imperiex did.:o

3-3 TIE

As I recall, Imperiex didn't bat an eyelash either. As I recall, be blasted Supes and Doomsday to vapor without so much as a twitch of the finger. If it weren't for a freaking angel interfering and saving his ass, Supes woulda died just like Doomsday. The only thing that actually killed him was some Space God Super Science and the Big Bang.

Man...I've missed some good matches!

For the current one: Galactus sees a junk food alternative to his regular healthy planet diet in Imperiex Prime (rib?).

:bh:

Man...I've missed some good matches!

For the current one: Galactus sees a junk food alternative to his regular healthy planet diet in Imperiex Prime (rib?).

:bh:

Yeah you have, for shame!:o

Anubis: Supes and Doomsday shouldn't have even made it that far, neither should Darkseid in special armor.:o

5-4 Galactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"