DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 10

Told you. Be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it. ;)

Told you. Be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it. ;)

but...but......I didn't wish for THAT!!!! lol

I wanted Raven........not Ms. Bird Freak!!!

Raven was just right in Phantom Stranger 1.........how did she turn into this abomination??

I guess her father really did get to her........

and maybe, in her debut, she is "bad" under the influence of her father, and this costume reflects that.

but when she breaks free and becomes good again, maybe she will shed this hideous costume for something more traditional and better..........

one can hope.........

Or maybe she just has a s**ty costume like almost everybody else in this god awful reboot. :o

Of course that also means she's probably a ****e now. :o

g-force_guardians_of_space.jpg

megaton news raven joining g-force team book

but...but......I didn't wish for THAT!!!! lol

I wanted Raven........not Ms. Bird Freak!!!

Raven was just right in Phantom Stranger 1.........how did she turn into this abomination??

I guess her father really did get to her........

and maybe, in her debut, she is "bad" under the influence of her father, and this costume reflects that.

but when she breaks free and becomes good again, maybe she will shed this hideous costume for something more traditional and better..........

one can hope.........

Well every dc fan has to take the hits of dc's brilliant:doh: reboot. It doesnt matter in which country you live or what is your favorite dc hero,sooner or later we all get slapped right into the face.

You can either go back and read dc when it was good or you try to take the hits in the hope that it will be better in the future.:yay:

btw: who is that lightning guy?

Do we know for sure that that is Raven on the cover

so why is Stargirl considered one of the most "dangerous" heroes???

Secretly she's slaughtered billions throughout the universe :o

Seriously though I dont think the whole 'most dangerous' thing is accurate

Apart from J'onn none of the team can really be called the most dangerous characters in the DCU.

An accused terrorist with a Green Lantern ring sounds pretty dangerous.

Has anyone else been reading the Phantom Lady miniseries

Its a pretty neat comic book by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray I've been enjoying it

Has anyone else been reading the Phantom Lady miniseries

Its a pretty neat comic book by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray I've been enjoying it

Not yet but I'll look into it eventually. Need to throw some different characters into the reading list every now and then, shake things up.

It's a pretty fab modern take on her :up:

Plus the art by Cat Staggs is really nice too :)

Or maybe she just has a s**ty costume like almost everybody else in this god awful reboot. :o

Of course that also means she's probably a ****e now. :o

Yes ....14 months later and the New 52 still sucks. :down

14 months later and I'm buying more DC than I've ever bought :up:

I actually think I'm buying less.

But as usual, it's not a matter of publisher or direction, it's merely about the creative teams. DC's slowly lost a bit of ground the past year or so.

Yeah I'm buying less comics than ever and my enthusiasm has diminished for modern comics because of the new 52. I'm gonna go start picking up golden age collections.

Don't say yeah when you're point is totally different than mine. :o

So... Orion and the New Gods are back? Or in the process of coming back?

I'm definitely buying less DC than I was before the relaunch. I am also reading that Phantom Lady & Dollman mini. Freedom Fighters always been some of my favorite characters.

But, I think, the real question is, is it the creative teams or the rebooted universe that's causing people to buy less (in some cases, as DC's sales ARE up, of course).

Yes, it's all about the creative teams. For me, Marvel Now has been exactly as refreshing as the New 52 with no reboot required. You align the right teams to the right characters with the right attitude, and it's going to feel fresh whether you ****ed up continuity or not.

On an unrelated note, anyone who isn't reading Indestructible Hulk and Thor: God of Thunder is the world's biggest chump.

Don't say yeah when you're point is totally different than mine. :o

i agreed that like you, im also buying less comics. i wasnt agreeing with whatever point you were making. if yer working for the SHH! Dick of the Year Award, i would suggest not being so desperate. Some wit wouldnt hurt either. You might be able to slip by if it's been a slow year for dickery on these boards though. i'm only telling you this because someone with 56,000 posts on the internet can do better with their dickery. and i believe you can.

But, I think, the real question is, is it the creative teams or the rebooted universe that's causing people to buy less (in some cases, as DC's sales ARE up, of course).

bit of both. but mainly, for me, it'd be the rebooted universe. at least when you had a crappy creative team, you still had a solid base status quo that can be returned to with a better creative team. but when you have no base, even a good creative team can only do so much.

I'm reporting your post. I feel maligned. :o

On an unrelated note, anyone who isn't reading Indestructible Hulk and Thor: God of Thunder is the world's biggest chump.

I don't think they are chumps but they are missing out on some good comics. Good writing and fantastic art. That's usually the winning combination.

I've been reading less DC AND Marvel and have been finding amazing books outside of the big 2. I think I'm reading more Image books than I am Marvel books...even with Thor and Hulk added to my pull list.

When it comes to DC they just seem to enjoy cancelling the books that I like. :oldrazz: I'm still reading Batman, Batman and Robin, Batman INC, Action Comics, Demon Knights, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Dial H, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing. They cancelled OMAC and, recently, Frankenstein. I'll be dropping Action Comics once Morrison leaves so there goes another one. However, I'll be adding Green Arrow once Lemire takes that book over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"