Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 7: "Marooned"

You know, there were FOUR things that I really didn't get in this episode.

1. Why didn't Jax and Professor Stein simply merge into Firestorm in order to take out the rest of the Time Pirates? I mean it's not like they need to use a device anymore to merge into Firestorm.

Good question. but it's was due to them being separated for most of the show and with how powerful firestorm really is they most likely didn't want to have two ships with breach's especially with unseasoned stein is with Jax or Ronnie.

2. Given on how much of a big deal that they've made out of how Sara being trained by the League of Assassins makes her into a badass, why did she have such a hard time fighting Mick who's just a regular/common thug with a fire gun?

cause they wanted her to have more of a challenge taking him down.

there's no good reason to explain it other wise.
3. I know that this could have also been a budgetary reason, but it'd be nice if they gave an on-screen reason on why Ray didn't simply just shrink to help him easily take out the Space Pirates. I mean they could simply say that him being outside of the ship for so long damaged some of his suit.

their just space pirates and aren't super powered and he's in a exo suit where he's has super strength due to it and lasers too. there was no need. especially in close quarters of their own ship.

Now if the time pirates were super powered or virtually immortal it's would make sense.
4. It felt kind of odd that Rip didn't just simply kill the Pirates's Captain since he shot him from the back and ended up still missing.

Rip's a horrible fighter (with in the show)and he's not bright. it seem his wife had the brains mostly. and the pirate captain most likely had a term of sentence to serve in jail if not a trial which the other time master was likely delivering him and his pirate crew to.

Other wise with what we discovered about the ship the wave rider being able to head into outer space, which I've always known that ship was capable of head to space . Rip would /should've sent vandal on trip to the sun via a missile / torpedo the two times, Rip manged have knocked out savage via death by stabbing or burning via explosion.

anyway it's just the way the show wants it. that's all.

So suspension of disbelief.
And while not as important, I wish that they would have given another episode's worth of development for Ray and Kendra's feelings for each other to grow before they actually became an item.

meh I'm indifferent. let her have her fun before something else horrible happens . it'll like be the triangle or quad angle before one of the men after is killed off though. that will be the actual bad thing.

It's so weird on how, in the comics, the Atom and Hawkman are like the best of friends, but here they literally have no special kind of relationship and that Ray is hooking up with Kendra.

the writer's of today don't give a damn about friendship or the code of said friendship or sibling respect. it's just strain via relationships over fighting over the same person. When the characters are very capable of finding their own man or woman out side of the group they are in of which they can add to the group that way them selves. it's just so we'll see ray and hawk man have fist fight over her and possibly jax's too.

Last edited:
It seems Jon Valor the Leader of the Time Pirates is a DC Character or named after one.
In the comics Jon Valor was a 16th century Buccaneer called "Black Pirate".
In the 90's STARMAN series by James Robinson he appeared as a ghost giving advice to Jack Knight.

Good question. but it's was due to them being separated for most of the show and with how powerful firestorm really is they most likely didn't want to have two ships with breach's especially with unseasoned stein is with Jax or Ronnie.

cause they wanted her to have more of a challenge taking him down.

there's no good reason to explain it other wise.

Actually I think there is a justifiable reason as to why Sara wasn't at her best when fighting Mick. I think it's due to the fact that she nearly froze to death shortly before Mick and the pirates boarded so she was a little sluggish.

Actually I think there is a justifiable reason as to why Sara wasn't at her best when fighting Mick. I think it's due to the fact that she nearly froze to death shortly before Mick and the pirates boarded so she was a little sluggish.
you brought up a very good and buy able reason. but alot of people will argue/question it ,especially with the pirates. some of which should be like Mick to a degree if they are harden criminals, that can take punch's or heave blows like that guy mick and snart faced in 2046.

I'll accept it though. It makes sense.

Does the "Marooned" of the title refer to the events of the bulk of the episode, or what happened at the end of the episode, or both?

Do people think that Mick is actually dead now, or was he just left there on that planet in the woods? But even if he was left there and is still alive, he's in a completely different time period to the rest of the crew now and wouldn't have any way to encounter them again unless he is rescued by a Time Master and tracks the Waverider crew to whichever period they are in.

well the whole being in space and stuck on the ship using there powers was likely a silly thing to do.

A nice episode.
I liked Mike and Cold, they really become better character in this show, I doubt Mike really died though.

But Stein and Jason could have fuse and beat all the pirate.

But Stein and Jason could have fuse and beat all the pirate.

They were on a spaceship, the fire that Firestorm is surrounded by would eat up the oxygen supply. Same reason Rory mentioned not being able to use his gun.

They were on a spaceship, the fire that Firestorm is surrounded by would eat up the oxygen supply. Same reason Rory mentioned not being able to use his gun.
I didn't think to that at all, my fault.

Rory's gun is a chemical flame that uses oxygen. Firestorm's "flame" is some nuclear thing - no oxygen use.

Didn't think it would end that way.
Mick had it coming though. Can't believe they killed him off still. Loved Dominic.

Len and Sara are getting close, and Ray and Kendra. Loved the flashback to Rip and his affair. Arthur was great in those scenes. Victor Garber being a badass. :D

I thought it was a good filler episode with some significant progress made in the character arcs.

About Mick and Snart, I kinda think they are playing the long con though I don't know to what effect yet.

You know the show is doing something right when the biggest badass is this guy:
4404197-martin_stein.png

I thought it was a good filler episode with some significant progress made in the character arcs.

About Mick and Snart, I kinda think they are playing the long con though I don't know to what effect yet.

If they are, then why are they still keeping up the charade when all alone on that planet when no-one else is there to even con?

You know the show is doing something right when the biggest badass is this guy:
4404197-martin_stein.png

well I did watch Alias for victor Garber's character Jack Brisito (and then his daughter) and this was pre curser to jack Bauer in 24 . lol most ofthe best and badass field agents on tv and in books were named J.B. keep this in mind.

I'm actually one of those people who has a hard time suspending my disbelief that White Canary could take on half the people she does. She's a little girl compared to most of her opponents, whereas Heat Wave is a giant wall of muscle and meat. No amount of training in the universe can make a 9mm go through a kevlar vest.

she is a train fighter and just being a bigger guy doesnt mean you are a good fighter or couldnt be taken down easy.

I'm actually one of those people who has a hard time suspending my disbelief that White Canary could take on half the people she does. She's a little girl compared to most of her opponents, whereas Heat Wave is a giant wall of muscle and meat. No amount of training in the universe can make a 9mm go through a kevlar vest.

Being a very skinny, unmuscular guy myself, and having taken classes in karate and aikido, I can tell you that her size has no actual bearing on her winning the fights. It doesn't matter the size of your opponent if you've got strength and leverage (and just because your muscles don't look that big doesn't mean you don't have a lot of strength), and a lot of Sara's moves involve leverage–the way she will flip or throw an enemy, for example, it's all about a proper grip, firm footing, and shifting your body weight–and theirs–properly. Size doesn't enter the equation, usually.

I just view Rory as a mad dog. I'd compare it to one of the fights in the Punisher MAX series, where the Punisher, a obviously well trained soldier, had trouble against a shorter and older guy, simply because that person was just bat**** insane.

she is a train fighter and just being a bigger guy doesnt mean you are a good fighter or couldnt be taken down easy.

Well if she's a train [sic] fighter, then she's probably only used to fighting on trains, and not in space ships. :o

I just view Rory as a mad dog. I'd compare it to one of the fights in the Punisher MAX series, where the Punisher, a obviously well trained soldier, had trouble against a shorter and older guy, simply because that person was just bat**** insane.

Being insane doesn't make you a tougher opponent it just makes you an unpredictable one. Mad dogs go down just as easy as a regular one.

It still think it's because she almost froze to death earlier. She wasn't at her best. Snart got shot clumsily by a pirate also.

I think brute strength is brute strength. I think Mick is physically stronger than all of them, and also more resilient. Therefore, she knows what to do, but he can sort of take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"