Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 13: "Leviathan"

I did not like the episode at all.

I mean, not "at all", that's unfair- the Giant-Atom Leviathan fight was awesome though I can't see why he had to be reminded about using blasters when he uses them all the time whenever he's fighting so there's no real reason for him to forget.

Now, on to my issues. Leviathan attacks the ship while Vandal's daughter is in it risking her death. Is she immortal or something?

The ship is thrown far enough that the robot to take an hour to track it? What?

Cassandra mentions the virus Vandal Savage is reportedly protecting the world against? And Snart didn't go, "What? He's straight up lying to you. See this". They got to that part after a full 15-20 minutes after some stuff about unarmed rebels and stuff.

So, she's been taught deceit by Vandal Savage and gets made in seconds? Well done.

Why doesn't Rip lead with "Kill Savage and save the world" rather than "Save my family"? That's bizarre. Even more bizarre is there is literally no explanation why this Carter is THAT important. He is probably the next next next incarnation and they can literally be born again together the very next birth. Selfish level is EPIC!

Sorry for the rant.:csad:

This, all day.

This was lazy, sloppy story writing. The way I see it, the writers:

1) Think we're all a bunch of stupid people and eat this stuff up, or...
2) Have no ability to write themselves out of a corner, or...
3) Are actually that stupid.

Leviathan tosses the ship. He doesn't break it over his knee. He doesn't crush it in his hands. He doesn't throw it on the ground and boot stomp it. He tosses it like a puppy that figured out how to throw his own tennis ball.

And then it takes him an hour to find it? Throw a football as far as you can. Is it going to take you an hour to recover it?

Savage. Savage was a complete badass the first time we saw him. The coat full of knives! Then he moved over to LoT and now, as the big baddie, destroyer of the world, he's the biggest wuss on the show.

He's basically had his ass kicked now what? 6 times? Real scary, that guy.

Then there's Kendra. Oy vey. So, forget the billions of people Savage has killed or enslaved. Forget the countless number of times he's killed your soulmate. Forget the countless number of times he's killed you. Forget the fact that both you and your boyfriend effing reincarnate anytime you die. And forget the fact that this iteration of your lame boyfriend a) isn't from your timeline at all, b) doesn't know you at all and c) is a shell. Screw it all, we need to save him!

I've been on the fence with this show since the beginning. Stein, Rory and Snart were the only even remotely likable characters in the cast. Pouty Whiny Sara, You Can Tell I'm Serious Because I'm Breathing Heavy Jackson, I'm a Brilliant Bumbling Idiot Palmer, Konstantly Konflikted Kendra, and Hipster Space Cowboy Hunter just don't do it for me. But after this episode, I'm done. There are far too many negatives with this show and too few positives to bother sticking with it.

I wanted that to be Chemo in the worst way.

This was a fun episode, but the Kendra/Carter stuff is such a drag.

They direly needed to have a line about how "I've used magic to screw with Carter's mind, it will lock his true self away even through death!" or thereabouts. Because as is. . . yeah, that was a dumb threat.

( Setting aside how Carter is awful *normally*, and I'd feel zero guilt about writing off the guy. . . but then, Kendra is suffering from a curse that binds her to someone she doesn't even like. Curses aren't supposed to be pleasant. ;) )

THere's also the possibility that their immortality is connected to Savage, so that when he finally dies, they no longer reincarnate.
By they way, something that occured to me during this episode is that even if they kill off Savage in the future, they will all have to live the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders considering that Savage will still be alive when they return to their own time.

This was a fun episode, but the Kendra/Carter stuff is such a drag.

Sadly everything with Kendra has turned out to be a drag. Was hoping for a bad ass Hawkgirl. But every episode it's been nothing but relationship drama.

I wouldn't of minded the stuff with Ray if they didn't go through the same damn thing EVERY episode. I don't remember an episode where they didn't question or doubt their relationship. Should of just left them single.

Sadly everything with Kendra has turned out to be a drag. Was hoping for a bad ass Hawkgirl. But every episode it's been nothing but relationship drama.

I wouldn't of minded the stuff with Ray if they didn't go through the same damn thing EVERY episode. I don't remember an episode where they didn't question or doubt their relationship. Should of just left them single.

Yep.

THere's also the possibility that their immortality is connected to Savage, so that when he finally dies, they no longer reincarnate.
By they way, something that occured to me during this episode is that even if they kill off Savage in the future, they will all have to live the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders considering that Savage will still be alive when they return to their own time.
that won't be the case cause they did what was done in the book with carter reincarnation inthe show.

He can reincarnate with out kendra and so can kendra her self with out him. Also in the books they killed hath seth. but this when they met relative hawk person and they them selves gained immortality well more like not ageing physically.

the point is some other poster I believed it was digific writer thought both kendra and karter both had to be dead for the reincarnation process to happen . And the writers of the show went with what was done in the books , where they reincarnate with out the both of them dieing as we seen in the show.

If they do the same of what was done with hath seth with savage . the thing is though savage un like hath seth was never disposed of.

Cause his powers of immorality aren't magic related but nether are the hawks reincarnation. their both science (DC's any way )related. he can't be killed by N'th metal but what ever.

This won't be the case if the show allows savage to finally die. the hawks lived int he books to create the justice society as the chair people after killing hath seth.

So seeing the giant battle in this episode made me remember the series exists. And reminded me i have to finish this. Seriously that was the most badass thing I have ever scene. Got serious Pacific Rim feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"