Days of Future Past > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

good numbers.

and about all its potential.... do you think it could even reach 1 billion? or close to it? like 850m or so?

Not a bil. I beleive the Highest it could get is $700-750mil. $300mil domestic, $400-450 mil internationally.
Also who is the girl in you profile pic.

Last edited:
I think its really unlikely too. I think it could end with 600-650m or so.

And my pic is Anna Paquin! lol

I think Thor 2 will get 650 to 750 million WW.

With Man of Steel getting less than 700, Iron Man already earning a billion and Hunger Games opening 2 weeks after Thor 2. I don't really see it grossing more than 1 billion. Maybe if it was the 1st film released after the Avengers but no, its the 2nd.

if Fox ends doing XForce in 2016 and release another team sequel in 2017, they would have a new pattern regarding this franchise, with two movies two consecutive years and one year of rest.

2013: The Wolverine
2014: DOFP
2015: rest

2016: movie
2017: movie
2018: rest

this pattern woudl be pretty cool.

if Fox ends doing XForce in 2016 and release another team sequel in 2017, they would have a new pattern regarding this franchise, with two movies two consecutive years and one year of rest.

2013: The Wolverine
2014: DOFP
2015: rest

2016: movie
2017: movie
2018: rest

this pattern woudl be pretty cool.

It makes sense. Looking on wiki it looks like Fox can best release date for an x movie July 29, a week before the Olympics. Due to their dreamworks deal as well as their own animated movies, I doubt that fox can (or would) release any major movies until 2-3 weeks have passed each time, and dreamworks seem to have taken most of the major release dates. May seems suspiciously quiet, but I imagine Disney would probably cram their Pirates movie in it. Lord knows where the other franchises are. Transformers, F&F, the new Harry Potter spin-off would probably end up taking July 29 and all the other good release spots for all I know.
Where would F4 end up. If I were fox i would give 2016 to them. (Fox could go a week before Spiderman)

Last edited:
In my opinion, they should reserve all the memorial day weekend slots for the upcoming X-Men movies for like the next 3 to 5 years. I don't know if FOX already has a plan for the movies after DOFP. But they need to reserve dates as soon as possible like what the other studios/franchises are doing.

Even in 2016, I don't mind if TASM3 is coming out two weeks after the memorial day weekend, the first 6 X-Men movies didn't even have strong legs at the box-office, I don't see it changing even if they avoid competing with the ASM3. I also don't think the late July release is gonna work very well for the X-Men movies anymore. Blockbuster fatigue usually happens in late July and August.

agree with the Memorial Day locks. Studios are thinking more ahead of time year after year, so if Fox wants another Memorial weekend, they better announce a date for 2016 or 2017 in the upcoming months. If not, another studio will do it and Fox wont have any other big weekend left.

Early May or Memorial weekend use to be the best options. Let's see what happens...

I think Memorial day weekend is the best option right now. If FOX already reserved the dates, there's a possibility that films like Pirates of the Caribbean, a Pixar film, Star Wars won't open in that weekend anymore.

Marvel (2015, 2016, 2017) and Spider-Man (2014, 2018) are the ones who already reserved the 1st weekend of May for the next 5 years. And I don't think its a good idea to release it a X-Men film 1 week after a Spider-Man/Marvel movie came out. I also have a feeling DC movies with either come out in June or the 3rd weekend of July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"