Dexter - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
they haven't officially announced that it's the last season, but they sure as hell have been hinting that it is

Maybe I'm just in that boat of fans who don't want to believe it's ending. lol :o

I hope it is the last season. I love Dexter and I don't want to see it becoming what House became. They have to end it before starting to just do it.

Several of the cast members (especially Jennifer Carpenter) have tweeted that they are filming their final season --- and how intense and troubling it is going to be!! :wow:

Yeah, let's go out with a bang and not a whimper. :)

The only thing I wonder is, does this mean they cranked out the season 8 scripts more quickly than scripts for other seasons? Or they simply didn't take a long break between productions?

Either way it sounds like a lot of work in a shorter amount of time (3 months less).

they may have already had a pretty good idea of whats to come... i sure hope they didn't rush this.

I've tried thinking of endings... not one that I can think of really 'fits' lol... dexter getting caught and getting the death sentence... doubt it... dexter dying... doubt it... dexter getting away with everything... possible but i doubt it haha...

If he just rides off into the sunset with a happy ending I will ****ing cry. Sorry but if Vic Mackey can be ousted for all the **** he pulled over the years and still stay a free man than so can Dexter.

Yeah but Vic lost everything and is stuck at a desk job. He might as well have gone to prison.

A couple of years ago they went into thinking this was going to end at S8 so I'm sure they had this all planned out, at least I hope they have. I'm still sticking with the outcome of Deb having to put down Dex.

Part of me hopes Dexter gets sent to prison for life, but the show ends with the implication that he's murdering the guys on the inside, and happy he no longer has to keep up appearances. So it wouldn't altogether be a downer ending, but it also wouldn't be the ticker tape parade he fantasized about either.

But I also really want him to have some kind of "happy" ending, whatever that could be, because he has gone through quite a bit just during the show and to end it with him getting gunned down or something similar seems almost cruel.

I kinda dig that idea except for the fact that he'd end up with the Hannibal Lecter treatment

Dexter doesn't deserve a happy ending. That was the point of the past season. Everything Harry saw was 100 % accurate. Dexter isn't human. He is a monster. Look at how readily he manipulated Deb if it meant survival. From the way he switched so quickly to lying after she saw him kill Travis to him dropping the knife and telling Deb to kill him....pure manipulate. The brilliance of season 7 is that the audience finally got to see Dexter for what he is. He has been manipulating everyone....even the audience.

I think Dexter was being genuine then. He seemed like he really wanted Deb to just shoot him like he was at the end of his rope. He knew he was caught and that everything was on Deb

I dunno, look how easily he switched it off after Deb shot LaGuerta. He made no effort to comfort his sister (who broke down). He just watched. I think Dexter was perfectly aware of how he could play Deb's emotions. He did it all season, after all.

I think Dex was a little stunned that Deb shot LaGuerta. And if he tried to comfort her in that moment she would have reacted quite negatively. Deb also said, "I hate you!" while she was crying.

Dexter certainly knows how to manipulate people but did not think he did during that moment. It was Deb, the one person he can be vulnerable to. Thought it was genuine what he was saying during that scene.

I hope Dex kills Deb. She gets on my nerves.

Maybe Moloch leaves Dexters body and he is cured. The End.

:o

I'm with Matt on this one. Dexter does what Harry told him to. 1. Don't get caught. 2. Protect your sister. (when you feel it slipping..think of your sister)

He knew she'd shoot LaGuerta. Deb might figure this out and that be the downfall with the Morgan siblings.

But yea, season 7 was a strong reminder that Dexter is in fact a freak ass monster. Deb's 'I HATE YOU!' nailed it for me. It made me hate Dexter.....for about 10 minutes :hehe:

poor deb :(

I hope Dex kills Deb. She gets on my nerves.
tumblr_static_deb2.gif

Embarrassingly I am only now starting to watch this show and really enjoy it...should I steer clear of this thread? Would really like to discuss it with others just starting or have some questions answered by longtime watchers but I'm afraid people here won't be very vigilant with the ol' SPOILER tag. >:O

Embarrassingly I am only now starting to watch this show and really enjoy it...should I steer clear of this thread? Would really like to discuss it with others just starting or have some questions answered by longtime watchers but I'm afraid people here won't be very vigilant with the ol' SPOILER tag. >:O

just dont read anything before your post... theres a small enough amount of people that come here to be nice enough for spoiler tags...

by the way, Doakes accidentally kills Astor in season 2. :o:oldrazz:

:D of course its a joke. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"