Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver takes responsibility for his secret and has good reasons for every one of them.

That doesn't mean he isn't a hypocrite. He is. He always has been.

Laurel is just being a selfish ***** with no regard to the consequences of her own actions, and expects everyone to not call her out of the fact that she is directly responsible for the deaths of four people.

I'll admit: the writers aren't doing a stellar job with Laurel right now.

Oliver also called Thea out on burning a man alive.

He yelled at her and then let her back in the field without hesitation. Go Oliver.

Oliver takes responsibility for his secret and has good reasons for every one of them. Laurel is just being a selfish ***** with no regard to the consequences of her own actions, and expects everyone to not call her out of the fact that she is directly responsible for the deaths of four people. Oliver also called Thea out on burning a man alive.
Oliver is directly responsible for the deaths of over four people, even people who weren't active criminals, a fact that he's never been held accountable for, has never cared about and even takes it upon himself to hypocritically yell at people for lesser actions or similar ones. Laurel has openly criticized herself and took blame and responsibility for her actions, even taking responsibility for things that aren't her fault. Laurel has also consistently shown herself to throw herself on the sword and put herself in danger for other people.
Laurel has about as much right about trying to call Oliver to account over 'secrets' as Diggle did, which is to say, none.
Diggle is fully justified in calling Oliver out for his secrets. Same with Laurel. Because Oliver secrets cause more damage than anyone of theirs.
Frankly, I'm about done with this show if they keep this crap up. At least flash doesn't give female leads a 'woman pass'. Felicity is barely tolerable, but they're basically stripping Olivers masculinity away with every episode, and I'm about sick of it.
Oliver's never had an ounce of masculinity and he doesn't deserve it. Not that masculinity is important.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Ollie kept secrets, doesn't make it ok for Laurel to keep secrets. Especially when her little secret keeps endangering random people. Once Oliver realized that Thea wasn't ok, he didn't keep what happened in Nanda Parbat to himself. He came clean. Sara kills muggers and goes after innocent women, and Laurel keeps quiet about it.
He was told Thea wouldn't be okay and allowed her to still run around as vigilante and abandoned her for months to live his suburban life with Felicity.
Yeah, I tend to find her character pretty worthless these days. I liked her when the show started out, but it was obviously midway through season 2 that they were struggling to write material for her. Now she just comes off whiny and incompetent. Whenever I see people post things like "Arrow writerz pls kill Facility and give me moar Laurel as teh Black Cannery" I roll my eyes. What do you want? More scenes where she walks into a room and yells at Oliver?
I would like that fine. Oliver has been just as whiny and incompetent.
Too bad she is not consistent and plays the blame game with Oliver, when her actions lead to the death of multiple people.
Oliver has done the same when his actions have led to the deaths of over a dozen people. But Laurel didn't blame Oliver or anyone else for what Sara has done. She blamed herself.
Characteristic I might be able to appreciate, if she'd actually be able to own up to her mistakes, and wouldn't constantly blame other people when she screws up. Be headstrong, but don't you dare point your finger at people, when **** blows up in your face.
She didn't. She took responsibility for what she did and got onto Oliver for what he did.
As for the female lead, that's now Felicity. There's no way around it. She took the spot, and it's unlikely she's ever gonna give it up, unless the producers on the show go cray, cray in the head. Especially since Ollie and her actually make a good couple, now that Ollie is finally allowed to take it easy and enjoy life. They better not dare to ruin that, unless they can write a clean break up, that involves little to no drama.
A good female character or female lead isn't defined by how happy she makes the male character or how much better she is as coupling with him.
Killing is killing, excusing it as 'bad guys' doesn't make it any less of a death.
Which Oliver has done himself, not taken responsibility, not been held accountable and has shown no remorse for it.
Yes, and he was called out on it by multiple characters.

Thea and Laurel seem to be getting a free pass.
He was called out by multiple characters in season 1, but has since been given a free pass, shows no remorse for them and is allowed to get off scot free for every one of them and even now yells at people for their actions that are lesser or similar, even though he actively murdered people who were just body guards and those guards in russia, who for all intents and purposes weren't evil.

God bless you all! God bless your families and everyone else in your lives! God bless everyone!

Last edited:
CTFl1kUVAAAujGt.jpg:large
finally a smilev

Sometimes I forget she can do other expressions, when I see whole Episodes where she mostly has this face one.

eDtgCEi.gif

Lofwv7e.gif

rLqPOvY.gif

I wonder if filming episode 5 before 4 influenced her to be more mad while she was around Oliver.

I really want them to add more snark/sarcasm to the charecter going forward, let her be happier, and give her a villain to go up against solo.

Last edited:
I feel like Laurel was doing a lot better before all the Sara stuff came into play.

Just in general, I'm really looking forward to the second half of Arrow and Flash, once they're no longer setting up Legends, and they can finally focus on their own characters some more instead of setting up those characters.

She 100% was, even in 4x01 she was good until they dumbed her down for this storyline. The writers reality of what is good storytelling does not match ours.

They must realize how bad of a job they are doing. And honestly, I think they don't care. They clearly don't know what to do with Laurel, and it shows. She's still the only character left, who really doesn't have anything to do or actually a place on the team. Her big story arc was bringing her sister back from the dead, and there doesn't seem to be anything else on the horizon.

Thea still has to deal with that whole Bloodlust thing throughout the season, she's her brother's side kick and her Dad is leading the League. She's a pretty important character now. And now with HIVE involved, it's Diggle's time to shine. Working with Team Arrow and Lance to take down the entire organization, who's responsible for his brother's death. And I feel like I don't need to say much about Felicity. She's the team's Oracle, Ollie's lover, boss of Queen Consolidated, she's another key player. Then there's Laurel who uhm.... hmm... Yeah, I got nothing.

Everyone has something to do. Laurel's only role was to erase the mistake the writers did, when they killed off Sara in Season 3.

Yeah, like these past few episodes have made me uneasy. Laurel is definitely the character I want to see more of, and I know that with Felicity's popularity, she is the one with the Lead status next to Oliver, so a character like Laurel isn't going to get the kind of screentime or stories I'd like.

And it's one thing to hate the actress and another to hate the character, but I feel like with Laurel, the biggest issue has been with the writers. Her character has been written really poorly in this arc and it basically undid everything from the second half of last season. And I hate to say it, but bringing back Sara, the way that they have on this show, was a horrible idea because they basically killed any momentum Laurel had to begin with, but they also did it by killing all progress her character made.

It's totally obvious that they have no interest in Laurel. It wouldn't be hard to integrate her in with everyone better, especially this season. Her father is v working with the bad guy who has been stalking her half the day, with Oliver running for Mayor, having a lawyer on your side, much less a DA is a good thing to have.

She's (suppose to be) a very smart woman, she should know how to work people which can be a big advantage.

Last edited:
Yeah, like these past few episodes have made me uneasy. Laurel is definitely the character I want to see more of, and I know that with Felicity's popularity, she is the one with the Lead status next to Oliver, so a character like Laurel isn't going to get the kind of screentime or stories I'd like.

And it's one thing to hate the actress and another to hate the character, but I feel like with Laurel, the biggest issue has been with the writers. Her character has been written really poorly in this arc and it basically undid everything from the second half of last season. And I hate to say it, but bringing back Sara, the way that they have on this show, was a horrible idea because they basically killed any momentum Laurel had to begin with, but they also did it by killing all progress her character made.

And they could have easily prevented that, by making Sara's return a Season long arc, with HIVE being responsible for her resurrection, and Laurel being key to returning her back to her senses. But since they need to get everything in place for Legends of Tomorrow, they've just rushed through it, without giving it much thought.

It's totally obvious that they have no interest in Laurel. It wouldn't be hard to integrate her in with everyone better, especially this season. Her father is v working with the bad guy who has been stalking her half the day, with Oliver running for Mayor, having a lawyer on your side, much less a DA is a good thing to have.

She's (suppose to be) a very smart woman, she should know how to work people which can be a big advantage.
The problem is they write her as an entitled teenager half the time. I can understand the hate for her constant season 2 blame game (which is funny when you consider Lance had been on that all of season 1 and 3), but I feel like they had good points written in her argument with Oliver about trust. The only hing is, they write her to make the most stupid, selfish decisions.

I honestly felt that she had made peace with her past and the fact that Sara had died, but I guess not.

They v refuse to let Laurel be the hero of her "storyline". She always has to be saved by Oliver. Felicity will most likely come out looking like a hero and a badass when it comes to saving Ray. They allow charecters to work with her, which is what needs to be done with Laurel.

The Arrow Fanbase:

Season One: "Laurel? She's okay.

Season Two: "SHE ****ING SUCKS! GET HER OFF THE SHOW!"

Season Three: "You know, I'm actually starting to like her now."

Season Four (So Far): "Goddammit."

Laurel ends up on the list of Most Kick-Ass TV Superheroines Ever, but Sara doesn't. Riiiiight.

From the Australian promo, it seems like it won't be much of a step up for Laurel. They keep giving her cheap drama.

Seriously? What's happening this time? Sara is back and has her soul restored. I thought it's happy times now for her.

It appears Laurel might not have informed Sara of the side effects /bloodlust until after their big ghost fight.

I wonder if filming episode 5 before 4 influenced her to be more mad while she was around Oliver.

I really want them to add more snark/sarcasm to the charecter going forward, let her be happier, and give her a villain to go up against solo.

I would like that too, especially in regards to the villain. That is something that I have been saying for a long time, that the likes of Laurel, Diggle, Thea and Roy need their own enemies. It would be cool if they put her up against Nyssa or someone of similar standing and the feud played out similar to how it did between Oliver and Ra's, with Nyssa or whoever winning the first fight easy and Laurel coming back and winning the second one. That would be great to see IMO.

I think what people don't like about her character is that they keep teasing like she's progressing/improving, only for them to turn around an regress her. I was kind of into her character in the latter half of Season 3, she got much better once she put on the costume (as rushed/unconvincing as it was, but oh well). But the, they pull this crap and it's all like "oh here we go again."

It appears Laurel might not have informed Sara of the side effects /bloodlust until after their big ghost fight.

At least Ollie had no idea how the Pit would affect Thea. But now everyone does. You'd think Laurel would give her sister a heads up. "Oh, btw, after I brought you back from the dead, with the help of the Lazarus Pit, you might feel a little edgy. Try not to kill anyone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"