Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]515063[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]506219[/split]

3. Captain Trevor

Captain Trevor Registered

I stopped watching when Laurel was killed off. But came back for S6 because they brought KC back. If they are just teasing the redemption arc, and it doesn't happen, I will be gone for good.

4. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Registered

Can she be redeemed?..her killing Vigilante might have put her over the line that can't be forgiven. Besides all of the innocent people she has killed.

5. Grommers

Grommers King Grommers

Deathstroke.

6. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Perhaps, but at least Deathstroke had the mirakuru as an excuse to use for his actions.

Plus, we got to see Slade as a good person before he became a villain, this more easier to emphasize with him.

Black Siren has always been bad from the moment she was introduced, all on her own free will.

7. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think with them showing that she is second guessing herself, doing things like showing flashbacks of her origin story, and having her save some people would be the right steps to take if they plan on redeeming her. Doesn't abolish her past but it sets her on the right path.

8. Grommers

Grommers King Grommers

To add to primal slayer - We really dont know what she was like before her father died in her world etc., they can easily add in back story. I don't think she's unredeemable, I think what slade did was way worse. (Season 2, killing olivers mom for god sakes.)

I just dont know what the plan is with two possible black canarys or black siren and black canary, it feels like it could be very "killerfrostish" from flash, which i stopped watching because of how goofy the writing became.

Hoping arrow is willing to do one or the other in, I have to imagine some of these actors/actresses will want off the show soon or forever live in the shadows of amell.

9. b_boy

b_boy Registered

With the last few episodes I think they pretty much set up her redemption.

We know on Earth 2 she lost her father at a young age, then Oliver. Went to Central City to start a new life and the particle accelerator (or how the metas got their power on E2) happened. Then she made some bad decisions. On earth 2 we know that Zoom would kill the metas who didn't work for him, so it was kill or be killed there, and we know she is afraid to die and hates the idea (her talk with Lance showed that).

Then, she was brought to Earth 1 by Zoom who she had to work for, only to be put in jail and probably never being sent home to Earth 2 again.

Prometheus freed her and gave her the back story of this earth Laurel, where she learned that being kind and good gets you killed, so she tagged along because she didn't have anyone on this earth, when she thinks about redeeming (her talk with Oliver last season) all that s*** happens and she gets locked up at Argus, so she probably lost the tiny trust Oliver could have on her, just to help Prometheus, get shot and be left to die on a exploding island, where she is saved by Cayden and she sees that with him she could again survive, something she made pretty clear she wants, but at the same time she sees in Captain Lance a chance of a kinda better life, but again, she's so into all the shenanigans of Cayden that is hard to get out.

I don't think she's too far from redeeming, because from her pov, she's really alone in a different earth where s*** is happening all around her because she is the doppelganger of a good version of her that is dead.

10. Primal Slayer

Rewatching some of the S1 episodes and jeez, they really could've taken Laurels story in another direction that helped connect her to characters like Diggle/Felicity.

They should've started to have Laurel/Oliver bond again by 1x02 instead of the back and forth.

Funningly enough, Laurel was more of a threat while she was CNRI then when she was an ADA when it came to criminals. That should've remained a huge part of the character and something that pushed her towards Black Canary.

Still can't believe that it took 40 episodes for her to find out that Oliver was The Arrow lol.

11. Primal Slayer

Katie gets pretty honest at her recent con

kudos to tv echo over at the Previously.tv Arrow forums for transcribing the video.

12. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Registered

If you want a character redeemed, they should go on Legends of Tomorrow because there’s nothing redeeming about Arrow anymore.

13. Nad's Reviews

Nad's Reviews Registered

I love how honest Katie is in the interview above. She really speaks her mind and you can tell she's totally trying to control herself because she's just so pissed at how badly they treated E1 Laurel. And how epic was her comment about it not being hard to play bad since she was so frustrated? Wow wow wow. Here's hoping they make it up to her by making her the Black Canary again (maybe with Quentin's death at the end of the season).

All Hail Katie Cassidy!

14. Captain Trevor

Captain Trevor Registered

Agreed, her comments are refreshing. It's rare for someone to be so candid today. Just another reason why KC rocks!!!!!

15. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Registered

Am I the only one that doesn’t want to see Laurel-2 become a good guy? She seems to be more at home being bad than she was when she was good.

16. Primal Slayer

I wouldn't mind if she becomes good, being good doesnt mean you become soft. She could still be the same person who just fights for a different side.

Anti-hero would be best for her.

17. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Registered

Yeah, something like Snart before he joined the Legends.

18. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

19. Primal Slayer

I'm watching her movie right now! It isn't actually that bad for a dtv.

20. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

Legends is better?

21. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

They're making use of Wally at least - and they've (previously) done wonders for Sara.

22. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Registered

Well look at the characters of Sara Lance, Ray Palmer, Jefferson Jackson, Martin Stein, Mick Rory, Wally West, & Damien Darhk. All those characters were redeemed better than anyone in the history of Arrow.

23. fan4stic

fan4stic Registered

I disagree.

24. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Registered

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but who on Arrow has ever been redeemed?

25. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

Oliver