Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am convinced that she was killed off to prove a point. They don't like to be held with responsibility to handling comic characters well on Arrow and Laurel had an active fanbase that wasn't backing down on how she was treated and they obviously didn't have interest in furthering LL on her BC journey so they killed her which silenced a lot of people on both sides.

The show being made up of all "original" characters outside of Oliver is very telling to me. Their reasoning behind choosing Laurel was weak as hell and any character could've been put in her place and gotten the same results across the Flarrowverse, though Thea/Diggle would've had a stronger impact on Oliver as opposed to the person he was willing to cut out of his life without a blink of an eye 5 episodes ago.

And just as KC is professional, MG isn't going to cast the first stone and look like the villain.

But Laurels 2 min appearance on Vixen is going to be so useless now, it will be used to fill in the blanks on their seemingly developing friendship that can't even be explored anymore and will be a huge tease.

I kind agree with this. There's not much expectation with Thea and Diggle other then have some good moments and some storyline.

With Laurel it was different, ppl were expecting a better fighter on the level of Oliver, a better canary cry, some independent storylines and characters related to her and he just didn't want at all to write that and just wants to focus on olicity (it's pretty clear that's what he likes more).

So when deciding which character to off, she was probably the easiest to come to mind to him, as he is very connected with olicity fan base who was a lot of ppl who don't like Laurel and was a character he couldn't have that much freedom....

Barry's actions in The Flash finale will bring her back, and make her better than ever.....! Probably not but here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"