Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I'm willing to wait for her flashbacks after the crossover for them to delve deeper into her past. If it occurs before the crossover, bonus.

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

3. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

So pumped she's gonna slay.

4. IronManOfSteel Registered

Is there a chance that Earth-1 Laurel is still alive because of the Legends screwing up time? Imagine having Black Canary (Laurel), Black Canary (Dinah), Black Siren and White Canary all on the same show... that would be epic.

5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I can't see it. If they accidentally changed history, it would have just meant Dinah never died. I can't see a way for them to accidentally change history so that she faked her death.

( I also can't see them able to *deliberately* change history so she faked her death, but that's because they are basically incompetent. ;) )

6. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I think it'd be a bit much to bring E-1 Laurel back, but I would support the hell out of a Birds of Prey show with all the bada** women the DCCW universe has. They have more than enough for one hell of a roster.

7. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Look...I am happy that KC is back but I already had very low hopes for her this season and this makes them even lower. Something that should be pretty much guaranteed is up in the air? I see nothing has changed in regards to their treatment of any woman named Laurel or Katie Cassidy.

8. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Katie as Siren should just be on Birds of Prey along with Danielle as Killer Frost and have those galls get the treatment they deserve under people that aren't named Berlanti, Guggenheim or Kreisberg. I feel like it should be on another network too. CW loves to dynamite beloved characters.

9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

10. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Sleek, classic look on her.

11. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

So basically, you not only want to turn the BoP into a villain group, but you want to undo all of Caitlin's character development? Why would you want to do such terrible things?

12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Caitlin is still Killer Frost this season and she is good so....

13. marvelrobbins Registered

Katie is obviously having a ball as black siren telling from tonight's episode.

14. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I wonder if Black Siren will be in the crossover.

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

She's not. Katie never gets to be where the fun is (yes she was in the S4 crossover but was a glorified extra)

16. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I am really hoping that they don't make Black Siren into a one note villain. I want her to truly be angered at Quentin. I want to see the humanity in the character even though I loved her in the premiere.

17. Guard82 Registered

Dang, Katie Cassidy was such a badass in this episode! Every scene with Black Siren was marvelously entertaining. It was fun watching Laurel leading her own gang and causing chaos all over the city. She also had great facial expressions, whether with an angry glare or a mischievous smile. Katie must have had a blast filming this one.

18. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Black Siren was an absolute hoot last night. I loved every scene she was in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really hope they do a decent job getting to the core of the character and not keeping her as a one note villain.

I especially love that they make her on par if nto a bit better then Dinah. I'd like to see her and Oliver fight one another.

#968 Primal Slayer, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  19. Guard82 Registered

I LOVE that scene! The way she struts into Team Arrow's headquarters like she owns the place looks so awesome. Also, I understand that they plan to explore Black Siren's origins this season, so hopefully that will help to illustrate the core of her character.

20. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Well MG backtracked and said exploring her origins isn't 100% set in stone since they don't know how to incorporate E2.

21. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Which is ridiculous, IMO; all they'd have to do is put a little "Earth-2" subtitle on the screen whenever there's a flashback, just like they put a "x-number years ago" subtitle. I mean, I get that Arrow's more grounded and all that. But it isn't that difficult. If you're going to use an alternate-reality character, be willing to acknowledge the alternate reality.

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

right! You already have 2 women with the same exact same and same exact power but Earth 2 is really mind blowing?

If we actually explore Black Siren somewhat in-depth, I hope we learn how she became such a great fighter. She is definitely above E-1 Laurel in that aspect and would probably be able to give Sara a run for her money.

#972 Primal Slayer, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  23. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

See, this is really interesting, because her first two appearances didn't give the impression that she's a terrific fighter; she relied almost exclusively on her Cry. In The Flash she walloped Barry hand-to-hand, but he was stunned by her cry and not fighting back, and the only really impressive move was a spin-kick. Then in her first appearance in Arrow, I don't think she ever made physical contact with an opponent; it was all her Cry.

But then, when she reappears at the end of S5, she's suddenly a much better fighter, and here in S6, her combat skills seem to have improved even further. It makes me wonder if she took lessons from Chase or Talia during the gap of her appearances. Not that she couldn't fight before, but that she seemed to rely almost exclusively on her Cry, with a few fancy kicks here and there. Now she's like a freaking black belt.

24. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Just like with her Siren Scream she has been pretty much all over the place as far as skills lol.

Barry would've been dead if she wasn't a meta human but then Oliver/Felicity just get a headache when she is trying to kill them. They should've at least been hard of hearing for a bit lol. And her fighting skills arent that different lol.

But I think it has more to do with the situations she was in as far as fighting. She likes to play with her prey and when she is ready to off them she seems to prefer to use her powers to get the job done. When she was attacked by TA in 5x10, it was 3 on 1 so her best bet would be to use her Cry as opposed to taking them on hand2hand.

25. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

She definitely fights better because the show runners finally gave Katie her due as who she was meant to be. She could be a really interesting part of the show if they don't mess things up like giving Fefe the upper hand when she herself has no fighting skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.