Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to point out only those who predisposed to schizophrenia can have the condition triggered by cannabis consumption.

and only 1% of the population has a predisposition for schizophrenia.

It's still far less problematic than alcohol and cigarettes which kill half a million people EVERY YEAR..Yet they're both perfectly legal.

Cannabis has killed zero people in all of human history and it's an illegal, schedule 1 drug.

Are you seeing the blatant hypocrisy yet?

I'm not a pot user nor do I believe in using it OR encourage it's use. I've known waaay too many pot heads that were just totally fried later in life.

But...I think they should legalize it.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. Youre not going to get violent shakes from withdrawal if you stop consuming it.

It is psychologically adictive...just like videogames and shopping.

Marijuana doesnt not have to be smoked exclusively either.

this is true, but marijuana is different because you're actively putting chemicals in your brain that has specific built receptors to it which mixes with your dopamine levels and the more you use it, the higher the level of dopamine it interacts with.

anyways though in reality the drug is not so harmful and i don't get how it's illegal next to alcohol. i know tons of people who smoke and drive and nothing ever happens, ever. you can't say the same about alcohol.

All for it and like pretty must most things..is absolutely fine in moderation. The people getting overly excited about this and spending most of their free time high...I think lead fulfilling lives.

this is true, but marijuana is different because you're actively putting chemicals in your brain that has specific built receptors to it which mixes with your dopamine levels and the more you use it, the higher the level of dopamine it interacts with.

Correct. You can have withdrawals but it's from the reactions in your body and not from an addictive additive.

I was talking more about;

It's still illegal to 'have' more than one once on you, posses over a certain amount of plants, smoke in public, drive etc...

I will never buy legal weed until I can use it in public, like drinking at bars & restaurants. Because, it's technically the same except for I'm not buying it from someone sketchy and I'm getting destroyed by the government on taxes.

The illegality across state lines and selling still makes sense. Liquor has regulations like that...

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on it being legal to smoke in public places. Because, unlike alcohol, you can effect other people with it.

Yeah, I really don't care for smoking in public to ever be legal.

I was talking more about;

It's still illegal to 'have' more than one once on you, posses over a certain amount of plants, smoke in public, drive etc...

I will never buy legal weed until I can use it in public, like drinking at bars & restaurants. Because, it's technically the same except for I'm not buying it from someone sketchy and I'm getting destroyed by the government on taxes.

The illegality across state lines and selling still makes sense. Liquor has regulations like that...

I'm doubtful it will ever be legal to smoke it in public, and I for one am very happy about that....I don't mind people smoking in their own home, but I don't want it smoked at a restaurant or pub that I frequent.

Colorado Marijuana Sales Surpass $1 Million On First Day

Call it "Green Wednesday."

Pot shop owners in Colorado claim they made over $1 million in sales statewide on the first day of legalized recreational marijuana sales alone, according to Denver's 9News. Nationwide, the legalized pot industry is expected to bring in a reported $2.34 billion in 2014, including both medical and recreational sales.

Most of the 24 shops that opened Wednesday were in Denver. Owners in the city expressed concern about taking in large amount of cash, since federal banking regulations currently prohibit banks from working with the marijuana industry while the drug remains classified as illegal by the federal government.

“We all know this needs to be fixed because there is not one good reason why these businesses are not allowed to have banking accounts -- only bad reasons: security concerns and accountability concerns,” Mike Elliott, executive director of the trade association Medical Marijuana Industry Group, told KDVR.

A solution may soon be reached, but while the industry grapples with how to handle its cash, Colorado is banking on pot: with an eighth of an ounce currently selling between $35 and $70 after taxes, the state estimates that the retail marijuana industry will bring in $67 million in tax revenue.

The first $40 million generated by the state excise tax is dedicated to school construction, and the rest is slated for marijuana regulation.

all those yummy taxes.

expect other states to follow soon, and Colorado to ease up on things more, once they get next year's tax receipts tallied up.

I think it depends on how much bribe money the anti-cannabis lobbyist can come up with.

I doubt they can afford 70 million per state annually.

Not to mention Wall Street might end up pro-legalization when they see how much weed-related businesses are raking in.

Not to mention Wall Street might end up pro-legalization when they see how much weed-related businesses are raking in.

Personally I believe marijuana business should be run as not for profit businesses(ie pay your employees and the rest gets reinvested in the store somehow or the government takes it)

Only tried it once and didn't like it. The "effect" is apparently "make me feel really really stupid".

But it should be legal. Along with the other drugs and prostitution. Keep the normal rules about underage use and driving in place. Adults should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies.

Only tried it once and didn't like it. The "effect" is apparently "make me feel really really stupid".

I would say it makes you feel stupid, it just makes you put all your concentration on one thing at any given time

I think that sums up my experiences on weed

But it should be legal. Along with the other drugs and prostitution. Keep the normal rules about underage use and driving in place. Adults should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies.

There are different strains of weed.

Different stains have different effects.

While some plant will make you feel like you're dumb others will ignite creativity. Some will make you paranoid others will help you relax.

I'm not suggesting you try again but to not limit your opinion of the plant based on a couple of personal experiences.

You're right about different strains and different effects.

But I'd also say its probably not for everyone and there's a certain amount of subjectivity to the enjoyment to be had. Not everyone is gonna dig it and that's okay.

I take no issue with people not wanting to use cannabis but I think it's misguided to think all weed does is make people "feel dumb".

I wouldn't force the issue on someone but there ARE big differences in strains and their effects.

It's like someone listening to a song by Creed and deciding they don't like music.

The nice thing about legal sales is you have specific product you can try out and experiment with instead of just relying on whatever random crap your guy has available.

Last edited:
There are different strains of weed.

Different stains have different effects.

While some plant will make you feel like you're dumb others will ignite creativity. Some will make you paranoid others will help you relax.

I'm not suggesting you try again but to not limit your opinion of the plant based on a couple of personal experiences.
That's interesting. But I really didn't like how it made me feel so I'm unlikely to try it again.

The other factor is that I really really suck at inhaling smoke into my lungs. Much coughing...like 15 minutes worth. Bleh....smoking really isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"