Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fight each other so much guys, in multiple forums...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??

lol seriously though we need to find a way to chill with each other better or something I notice we fight almost every other thread.

I don't see how you don't want evidence of this if you're a fan who is anticipating this show, or even just a Marvel fan in general.

Just the way I view it.

I think JB was being sarcastic there.

Hey Poni don't get trapped in this thread you still have to reply to me in the GotG forum. :o:

Nah, I was being serious. Which is why I said it in the first place. There are too many people so quick to disbelieve everything that has no evidence in it's favor. But if it has no evidence against it either, then that means you should look at it whatever way you want. There have been many times where I've seen somebody say something that nobody believed, except for a few, and it ended up being true.

Please, don't get into something like ethics when you don't seem to be showing the best of them right now. This is all so unnecessary.

Aww does it bother you that I actually have credentials to back up my work?

Sorry about that, life would be so much easier if I was just some pissant blogger who doesn't know what he's doing.

Alas, I'm not.

Good luck trying that browbeating crap with some kid who doesn't know better

Aww does it bother you that I actually have credentials to back up my work?

Sorry about that, life would be so much easier if I was just some pissant blogger who doesn't know what he's doing.

Alas, I'm not.

Good luck trying that browbeating crap with some kid who doesn't know better

I'm not bothered at all. I just wish you'd present some evidence to back up this SHIELD claim since you have all of these good credentials to back up your work as a solid journalist.

But you're not going to do that, so despite the credentials you presented and your past as a cop, that doesn't make what you're saying any more legit than when you first said it. This is all really your doing, in the end. I didn't force you to say it.

Well that doesn't help your case much. Being a cop doesn't automatically make you some magical force for goodness in the world I live in.

Ah but that wasn't the point. You said it's a:

shame you people don't have to take a course on ethics before you get access to a keyboard

I never said being a cop makes me more ethical. But like every other law enforcement officer in the country, I had to take courses in ethics every single year for ten years. To top if off, every time we were involved in a shooting we had to take an extra one.

So, yes, I do believe that journalists should be educated on ethics and be help to an ethical standard. But lumping me in with that "you people" stuff is crap because I'm very well versed in ethical practices.

To be versed in ethical practices is one thing. To actually practice those ethics is another.

I'm not bothered at all. I just wish you'd present some evidence to back up this SHIELD claim since you have all of these good credentials to back up your work as a solid journalist.

Sorry, but the one thing I cannot do is make tangible objects appear out of thin air. It just can't be done. At least not by me. And it doesn't matter how many times you ask for it, in this reality simply wanting something doesn't get it for you. If it did I would be retired.

Sorry, but the one thing I cannot do is make tangible objects appear out of thin air. It just can't be done. At least not by me. And it doesn't matter how many times you ask for it, in this reality simply wanting something doesn't get it for you. If it did I would be retired.

Exactly, so don't pull baseless claims like Downey and Evans, possibly along with Jackson appearing in the SHIELD tv pilot out of thin air and present them as the truth. Some people here aren't naive or gullible and will understandably question your claims like I have. As you can see, some have already done so.

Hey Poni don't get trapped in this thread you still have to reply to me in the GotG forum. :o

LOL you mean the thread where you're trying to convince me that the word "yes" doesn't mean "yes"?

Yeah, I'll pass. There are some things seriously not worth debating

Exactly, so don't pull baseless claims like Downey and Evans, possibly along with Jackson appearing in the SHIELD tv pilot out of thin air and present them as the truth. Some people here aren't naive or gullible and will understandably question your claims like I have. As you can see, some have already done so.

What are you the forum patrol? I can say whatever I want to say (within the terms of conditions of this site). I never once told you, asked you, or coerced you into believing anything I said. So get over yourself. You're no more important than anyone else on this forum, and I owe you nothing regardless of your holier-than-thou attitude. You must me a misery to live with.

EDIT: Nevermind I just figured out how to add people to an ignore list. Tootles :hrt:

Just because someone chooses to believe it doesn't make them gullible, it just means they like what they hear. There's just as much of a chance of it being true as it being false.

What are you the forum patrol? I can say whatever I want to say (within the terms of conditions of this site). I never once told you, asked you, or coerced you into believing anything I said. So get over yourself. You're no more important than anyone else on this forum, and I owe you nothing regardless of your holier-than-thou attitude. You must me a misery to live with.

The fact that you continue to respond with hostility proves that you have nothing valid to counter my assumptions with. I'm pretty much done with this.

Maybe I should have said "pay attention in ethics class and actually work it into your daily routine somehow"

But that would be antithetical to keeping your name and website in circulation and competitive with your peers, and actually reporting real news rather than rumors that you heard from the sister of the janitor who cleans the junior exec's washroom in the studio backlot.

Just because someone chooses to believe it doesn't make them gullible, it just means they like what they hear. There's just as much of a chance of it being true as it being false.

It does make you gullible imo if you choose to immediately believe something like this without questioning the validity of it. There's more of a chance of it being false than true at this moment because we've seen nothing thus far that even hints at those three having full blown cameos in the SHIELD tv pilot so early. Nothing. It's not a 50/50 issue.

Maybe I should have said "pay attention in ethics class and actually work it into your daily routine somehow"

But that would be antithetical to keeping your name and website in circulation and competitive with your peers, and actually reporting real news rather than rumors that you heard from the sister of the janitor who cleans the junior exec's washroom in the studio backlot.

Now he's claimed to have put me on his ignore list. Boy, I wonder why. :whatever:

Don't you worry, we took test too :oldrazz:

Guess it's a good thing we don't report on unfounded rumors. It's also a reason we try very hard not to post set photos or "leaks". Our sponsors would drop us if we did.

Guess it's a good thing we don't report on unfounded rumors. It's also a reason we try very hard not to post set photos or "leaks". Our sponsors would drop us if we did.

It's a great thing Poni has now altered what he earlier stated as fact is an unfounded rumor now. Too bad that it's too late at this point and it's obvious backtracking. All he had to do was admit that from the beginning.

LOL you mean the thread where you're trying to convince me that the word "yes" doesn't mean "yes"?

Yeah, I'll pass. There are some things seriously not worth debating
No, the thread where you ignored everything we said except what you wanted to respond to . :whatever:

I'm sorry but I can't hold a conversation with someone who tries to convince me that "yes" doesn't mean "yes" or uses the phrase "You take 'yes' too literally"

Honestly, I'm no good at those kinds of crazy conversations so I'm just gonna stay out of it.

It does make you gullible imo if you choose to immediately believe something like this without questioning the validity of it. There's more of a chance of it being false than true at this moment because we've seen nothing thus far that even hints at those three having full blown cameos in the SHIELD tv pilot so early. Nothing. It's not a 50/50 issue.

Nah that's BS. The fact that someone credible has said he actually saw evidence rather than saying he heard it from a source gives me more of a reason to believe it than any other type of internet rumor.

For example, if El Mayimbe had said he heard it from Bale's own mouth that he was returning for the JL movie, then that would give you more of incentive to believe him because HE HIMSELF has evidence rather than his sources even though he can't present it to us. Why is it that people can believe journalists when they have "sources", but when they saw/heard evidence with their own two eyes/ears it's not believable?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't hold a conversation with someone who tries to convince me that "yes" doesn't mean "yes" or uses the phrase "You take 'yes' too literally"

Honestly, I'm no good at those kinds of crazy conversations so I'm just gonna stay out of it.
Again, you read only what you wanted to and not the whole post. :whatever:

Which just supports what I said in the post that you did not read beyond line 1.

Nah that's BS. The fact that someone credible has said he actually saw evidence rather than saying he heard it from a source gives me more of a reason to believe it than any other type of internet rumor.

For example, if El Miyambe had said he heard it from Bale's own mouth that he was returning for the JL movie, then that would give you more of incentive to believe him because HE HIMSELF has evidence rather than his sources even though he can't present it to us. Why is it that people can believe journalists when they have "sources", but when they saw/heard evidence with their own two eyes/ears it's not believable?

If Mayimbe said he heard it from Bale himself that he was back in JL, people(that are not gullible) wouldn't jump and immediately believe it. They'd wait for Bale or WB to make an official announcement before taking it as the complete truth.

Poni saying that he "saw some set pics" or something on instagram(which he claims were deleted btw, and can't be presented as visual evidence) or hearing that they'll cameo from some girl he knows on instagram that's supposedly involved with Marvel just isn't reliable enough for me to believe. You can immediately believe it, go ahead. No one's really saying you can't. I'm just personally more comfortable believing something when proper evidence is there to support it. There's literally been nothing about Downey, Evans, or Jackson's involvement in the SHIELD pilot so I'm not inclined to immediately believe it.

There is more of a chance that this is false than true at the moment, gathered from what we do know about the show. You thinking that's "bs" does not change that fact.

Last edited:
Poni saying that he "saw some set pics" or something on instagram(which he claims were deleted btw, and can't be presented as visual evidence) or hearing that they'll cameo from some girl he knows on instagram that's supposedly involved with Marvel just isn't reliable enough for me to believe. You can immediately believe it, go ahead. No one's really saying you can't. I'm just personally more comfortable believing something when proper evidence is there to support it.
I think it's pretty obvious this is BS. Either he's lying or he got trolled pretty hard...which I can believe given his seeming difficulty with grasping context clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"