Doctor Strange News & Speculation thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Mads was confirmed, because this is one of the greatest casts assembled for a superhero film ever. Definitely the best out of a solo hero MCU entry. BC, Mads, Eijofor, McAdams and Swinton's filmography could go toe to toe with the Avengers.

So McAdam's is Night Nurse? But isn't.....never mind.

So happy Mads is confirmed.

Will be even happier if his character avoids a being anything like "Malekith".

Glad Mads has finally been confirmed, the guy is heavily underrated. My only concern, as the poster mentioned above, is him being underutilized similar to Malekith.

Can Mads be playing Hannibal Lecter?

And can Cumberbatch be replaced with Hugh Dancy?

And can Dr. Strange really be Will Graham?

And can this whole movie just be a Hannibal movie?

:o

I was expecting a full cast list at the end of that announcement with everyone's character name, like with the Cap:CW announcement.

But I'm glad Mads is confirmed now. Crossing my fingers that he's voicing and mocapping Dormammu or something.

Reading that I noticed this:

Now, it could just be a typo (goodness knows those have happened before), but even if the 2 Infinity War films were being counted as 1 film (which is a possibility) that would still put the Phase 3 count at 10 films - not 9... could Inhumans be bumped to Phase 4? or is it just a goof in the press release?

Anywho...just something that leaped out at me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Inhumans did get bumped to Phase 4, they probably figured it didn't make sense to not have IW part 2 be the finale of Phase 3.

It would be the reverse of Ant-Man (which was originally going to start off Phase 3 and instead ended up at the end of Phase 2). But regardless I'm sure BC will take this as further confirmation of it being canceled, even though Marvel said it isn't...:whatever:

Spider-Man isn't counted in there probably because it's a coproduction with Sony and it's being distributed by Sony and not Disney. There's probably something in the deal about that..

I guess no Wong ?
I'd rather have not him if he's going to be played by Adkins.

Dormammu should just keep Mads' face he's already scary enough when he wants to be LOL.

I could see wong coming afterward for some reason. But i wont miss him if he aint in.

Right now Wong probably hasn't been cast because they are probably shooting the part of the script where they don't need him now.

Remember, the press release says that they will also be shooting in Hong Kong, so that may be where Wong comes in.

Benedict is going to be on Graham Norton's show this weekend (along with Johnny Depp, James McAvoy & Dan Racliffe), he'll surely talk about Strange.

No, I think he will only talk about his role in Zoolander 2.
:o

Benedict is going to be on Graham Norton's show this weekend (along with Johnny Depp, James McAvoy & Dan Racliffe), he'll surely talk about Strange.

He'll say: "I am excited to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and play such a complex character as Dr. Strange, but that's all I am allowed to say."

This might just be the most impressive cast for a solo MCU film yet.

Is it safe to say Dr. Strange will get a trailer with civil war? I think I know the answer but I just want to confirm.

Is it safe to say Dr. Strange will get a trailer with civil war? I think I know the answer but I just want to confirm.
It seems probable. of course we don't have any official words on that 6 months in advance

It makes sense that we would, I figured most people here would feel the same.

Yeah, Thor2 had it's first trailer out before IM3 was released, and those were the same release windows as CACW & DS.

No sign of any goatee-beard on the 'Batch last night on the Graham Norton show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"