The Dark Knight Does anyone have any concerns about the movie....

Petty, sorry and small minded? No. What an intollerant, arrogant and plain out stupid comment.

Would Batman be Batman without a Batsuit? Would Robin be Robin decked out in Blue and Black? Would Superman be Superman if he wasn't wearing Blue and Red? No, no and no.

The Joker being a freak is incredibly important to his character. It is what makes him that much terrifying. With other freaks in Gotham, you take away their doll, or their bowler derby or repair their face - and they can blend into society. They can be accepted.

The Joker is a freak that can never blend in. He is a monster. You take a wet cloth to a guy in clow make up and he loses a bit of his mystique. Dump a bucket of water onto The Joker and he does nothing...but laugh...a lot.

actually superman is superman without the blue and red...superman is clark kent, clark kent is not superman...

Ok I know all about the pics of Joker in the police uniform with his normal flesh colored skin, but where are the ones of him in the uniform with his Joker make up? I've never even heard of these pics.

I am not going to hunt for these pictures. Just trust me - they exist. I am not going to make false points to prove an argument where the end result can be proved later on.

i did. something along the lines of superman is superman without the red and blue.

Hmmm...

In "Going Sane" (featured in Legends of the Dark Knight # 65-68), the Joker lures Batman into a trap that he believes kills his arch nemesis. Batman's apparent death snaps the Joker back to sanity and prompts him to undergo plastic surgery in order to look like a normal human being. The Joker attempts to lead a normal, honest life, donning the name Joseph Kerr (a pun on his criminal moniker) and engaging in a small romance with a neighbor.Normality does not last for the Joker, however, as he later discovers Batman to be alive, which drives him to insanity. The Joker then mutilates himself in order to restore his trademark white skin, green hair, and crimson lips, and resumes his quest to destroy Batman.

So even the Perma white Joker can be restored to be a normal citizen. Interesting...
And there are comics of Batman running around in a Pink Suit. I am confused, are you attacking my point simply because one single issue with little or not relevance said it?

I think it will be revealed that the Joker will have a permawhite face.

My reasoning is simple:

There are picture of the Joker with facepaint in a police outfit. There are pictures of the Joker with a "flesh looking" face in a police outfit. IF he was, in fact, a man who simply put on make up - there is no reason he would ever have his warpaint on in the police outfit. After all, he is trying to blend in.

I think this clearly implies that the Joker covers his face in fleshmake up and then wipes it off revealign the Joker underneath. This gives me hope.

this isn't B89.

i did. something along the lines of superman is superman without the red and blue.

Superman is this:
newsSupermanMain_300.jpg

I don't care if you try to play word games, ask anyone to identify Superman and this is Superman. You lack a point.

cool your jets, man. it's just a movie.

A movie that apparently is interesting enough that you are engaging in a conversation about.

If you want to debate (which you did by responding to a claim of mine), then debate.

If you want to talk about the movie - great.

But you have said nothing but try to contradict me - and fail.

my only concern...is that theyll rush the story too much with all the stuff in this movie...but its not a very scary concern

i actually wasnt trying to debate, just putting my 2 cents in the fact that i think superman is superman without the costume...

my only concern...is that theyll rush the story too much with all the stuff in this movie...but its not a very scary concern

i think that as well, nolan has a good set up with BB, but hopefully he won't ruin it. i read somewhere this movie takes place over a good time span.

i actually wasnt trying to debate, just putting my 2 cents in the fact that i think superman is superman without the costume...

But the argument was not about who is really Superman. It is that Superman would not be Superman if he was just some guy in a random costume running around. The Superman costume is iconic, unreplaceable.

my only concern is that I can't restrain myself from reading spoilers. And I get myself too hyped up for it.

yeah i told myself i wasnt going to see the prologue and i did. these spoilers are hard to drift from, they are only a click away...

no way he is always superman.

Then when is he Clark Kent?

It doesn't matter, you are playing with words and trying to prove a point Norman was not even on. I don't completely agree with him but his point was that Joker needs to be perma-white, his comparisons were simply examples, by taking one of them and replying to it only, you are not only showing you don't get the real point he was trying to make, you also run the thread completely off track as this sole thread has nothing to do with Superman. Norman was using it as an example and you make an entire topic out of it.

This reminds me a lot of the whole problem with Spiderman when it was revealed that he had organic webbing. That really didn't turn out to be a big deal. I know there not the same issue but still. That being said I understand the concern between the permawhite Joker vs. Joker with makeup.

Personally I think the fact that they are going with the Joker without an origin will make up for the permawhite thing. Thats one thing that B89 got completely wrong. They gave him a name and a back story. That was a pretty big departure from the standard comic book Joker but in hindsight it worked pretty ok and I think that will be the case for the makeup Joker.

The main thing we have to remember is that these are just opinions. I doubt if Nolan or Ledger are losing any sleep over it so we probably shouldn't either.

With any comic movie that comes out it can threaten our perception of our favorite characters but we will always have the comics to go to to remind us why we fell in love with the characters in the first place.

Just a fanboy's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"