The Dark Knight Does anyone have any concerns about the movie....

If there is enough wiggleroom to make it possible that his face is permawhite from costume stain or whatever I am good.

At the end of the day if we never see him with his make up off you could just think to yourself that maybe parts of his face are blotched white and that's why he wears the makeup...

To me it is as ridiculous as the Joker not being Permawhite.Not much of a big deal. But some with Bond make it out to be the biggest deal. Same with skin color as much as hair and eyes. Bond is as iconic as Joker, and aesticaly it is a huge change from what Bond was.

Just as now Joker is visually different. I think we might want to watch the movie before saying what makes the Joker crazy. Cuz in my opinion his insanity has nothing to do with bleached skin.

But besides that I really gotta get back to my BR. Later Hype.

Bond's Origin, his Mental State was never dependent around being a dark haired guy. If they Kevin Smith to play James Bond - there would be a problem. His lack of being a charming, suave, handsom man would hurt the character. Just like the Joker not being a freak of nature.

Explain how anything is badly written! If you watch it does not flow. The robbery scene is so basic it semms like it came out of a tv movie. Lines like,"criminals used to believe in things honor, respect, what do you believe in?" is so cliche what the hell does "I belive what doesn't kill you makes you stranger." It doesn't really mean anything. If it was just supposed to be an old school bank robber scene watch heat. All these ridiculous monologues are just stupid. And sorry the conversations between the criminals is badly acted and the lines are just lame. He wears it like war paint. Just stupid sorry. Usually if a robbery is in session you don't have a conversation bout your boss while you are cutting power lines. All and all it's just so unoriginal and really the only excting parts are when bank manager yells,"do you know who you're stealing from?" and the joke reveal.

I do have to admit when I first watched the prologue I was thinking similar thoughts about the thugs explaining things out even though that's what a lot of the dialogue in Batman Begins was like. Then I stopped and remembered this is based on a comic book.

I know some people want their comic book movies super dramatic and serious. Batman is, especially compared to stuff like Fantastic Four or even Spider-Man. At the end of the day though, it's still based on a comic and needs to be for all(or most at least) ages.

As for the line that Joker says...I'm going to assume your not a huge Batman or maybe just Joker fan. That line coming from the Joker is in Fact, Perfect! I guess you like a few others on these boards want the Joker to be a non joking/pun giving type serial killer who slashes his victims to shreds.

On a side note about my previous post in this thread, I'm guessing no one else is worried about the screen time Dent may or may not get? That or everyone is still going on about the Joker permawhite issue lol.

No complaints so far. Looks like it's going to be an awesome movie. I'm so glad that I'm not a hardcore Batman fan, so I can just enjoy the movie for its entertainment value.

Bond's Origin, his Mental State was never dependent around being a dark haired guy. If they Kevin Smith to play James Bond - there would be a problem. His lack of being a charming, suave, handsom man would hurt the character. Just like the Joker not being a freak of nature.

but joekr doesn't have to look like joker to be a freak.. being a freak isn't just an appearance thing

At the end of the day if we never see him with his make up off you could just think to yourself that maybe parts of his face are blotched white and that's why he wears the makeup...

I think it will be revealed that the Joker will have a permawhite face.

My reasoning is simple:

There are picture of the Joker with facepaint in a police outfit. There are pictures of the Joker with a "flesh looking" face in a police outfit. IF he was, in fact, a man who simply put on make up - there is no reason he would ever have his warpaint on in the police outfit. After all, he is trying to blend in.

I think this clearly implies that the Joker covers his face in fleshmake up and then wipes it off revealign the Joker underneath. This gives me hope.

but joekr doesn't have to look like joker to be a freak.. being a freak isn't just an appearance thing

Being a true, utter freak is helped by looking the part. Again, Gotham is about to get a lot...freakier. The difference between the Joker and say The Riddler is that in prison - the Riddler looks normal. The Joker...just keeps laughing.

where are the pics of the Joker in flesh-colored face in a police outfit?

where are the pics of the Joker in flesh-colored face in a police outfit?

Check the chicago filming thread. Look in the stickied Batcave thread for links.

i didnt know there were pics?

I still have concerns over ledger in some scenes he seems to be forcing the character too much instead of letting it flow naturally especially in the voice the "like me" sounds completely forced as does the "little fight in ya" i would much rather they used ledgers natural voice.

My reasoning is simple:

There are picture of the Joker with facepaint in a police outfit. There are pictures of the Joker with a "flesh looking" face in a police outfit. IF he was, in fact, a man who simply put on make up - there is no reason he would ever have his warpaint on in the police outfit. After all, he is trying to blend in.

I think this clearly implies that the Joker covers his face in fleshmake up and then wipes it off revealign the Joker underneath. This gives me hope.

You make a good point. Another little quirk: why would joker wear his "war paint" during the bank heist if his purpose was to disguise himself among his own goons? He is willing to not wear war-paint when disguised as a cop. Perhaps he did have flesh coloured make up on but the sweat melted it off his face.. there is one problem with that theory though and that is the lip stick and black around his eyes.

You make a good point. Another little quirk: why would joker wear his "war paint" during the bank heist if his purpose was to disguise himself among his own goons? He is willing to not wear war-paint when disguised as a cop. Perhaps he did have flesh coloured make up on but the sweat melted it off his face.. there is one problem with that theory though and that is the lip stick and black around his eyes.

"Natural" White Face + Lip Stick and Black Eye Paint.

I can live with that.

I still have concerns over ledger in some scenes he seems to be forcing the character too much instead of letting it flow naturally especially in the voice the "like me" sounds completely forced as does the "little fight in ya" i would much rather they used ledgers natural voice.

Never really sounded forced to me. To me it was him creating a new voice to use to become the Joker. If he uses his normal voice, sans accent, it would just be Heath Ledger with makeup on. I think changing his voice was a good idea.

This is the only superhero movie EVER, where I have absolutely NO concerns what so ever! This film will ****ing ROCK ALL THE WAY!!!

My reasoning is simple:

Ok I know all about the pics of Joker in the police uniform with his normal flesh colored skin, but where are the ones of him in the uniform with his Joker make up? I've never even heard of these pics.

Ok I know all about the pics of Joker in the police uniform with his normal flesh colored skin, but where are the ones of him in the uniform with his Joker make up? I've never even heard of these pics.

In the trailer... the 'Why so serious' part

Petty, sorry and small minded? No. What an intollerant, arrogant and plain out stupid comment.

Would Batman be Batman without a Batsuit? Would Robin be Robin decked out in Blue and Black? Would Superman be Superman if he wasn't wearing Blue and Red? No, no and no.

The Joker being a freak is incredibly important to his character. It is what makes him that much terrifying. With other freaks in Gotham, you take away their doll, or their bowler derby or repair their face - and they can blend into society. They can be accepted.

The Joker is a freak that can never blend in. He is a monster. You take a wet cloth to a guy in clow make up and he loses a bit of his mystique. Dump a bucket of water onto The Joker and he does nothing...but laugh...a lot.

Hmmm...

In "Going Sane" (featured in Legends of the Dark Knight # 65-68), the Joker lures Batman into a trap that he believes kills his arch nemesis. Batman's apparent death snaps the Joker back to sanity and prompts him to undergo plastic surgery in order to look like a normal human being. The Joker attempts to lead a normal, honest life, donning the name Joseph Kerr (a pun on his criminal moniker) and engaging in a small romance with a neighbor.Normality does not last for the Joker, however, as he later discovers Batman to be alive, which drives him to insanity. The Joker then mutilates himself in order to restore his trademark white skin, green hair, and crimson lips, and resumes his quest to destroy Batman.

So even the Perma white Joker can be restored to be a normal citizen. Interesting...

In the trailer... the 'Why so serious' part

Thats a police uniform? I thought it was some sort of rain jacket or something. It looks nothing like what he's wearing in the other pics of him in a uniform.

Never really sounded forced to me. To me it was him creating a new voice to use to become the Joker. If he uses his normal voice, sans accent, it would just be Heath Ledger with makeup on. I think changing his voice was a good idea.

Not a whole voice the accent yeah i can agree with the joker should soound either american or a sophisticated english american hybrid (a bit like kelsey grammer in fraiser) but a whole voice is just asking for trouble look at bale in BB he was good of course but his voice was one of my main qualms i had about him.

Thats a police uniform? I thought it was some sort of rain jacket or something. It looks nothing like what he's wearing in the other pics of him in a uniform.

Its a police mack(mac?)... why else would joker wear one? I hardly think he's afraid of getting wet

^ true that.

Thanks, that was news to me. I had no idea what he was wearing.

On topic, I don't really have any concerns about the movie yet, which is a good thing

Yea in your small little group of Crispin's dads lovers or what ever you call your selves. You guys put the perma white thing up on a pedastal.

When we have quotes from some of the greatest creators in the Batman universe like Loeb, praising it.

You want permawhite Joker? You all ready have a movie out, called Batman done by Burton. You can go watch that.

I'm tired of this perma white debate. It does not make the Joker who he is by it self. You want permawhite go watch Powder there is your Joker lol.

As for me not too much worry. I have some small issues, but not enough to gripe about.

you're my new hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"