Comics Doesn't anyone else read Spider-Girl??

You hit it right on the head TW, it's time for this comic to establish the star of the show, and that's May Parker! The other superhero cameos' by DarkDevil, the F5, or A-Next would be cool, but just not in an overbearing way. The cast of characters' of this book have been established, so there's no need to splash 'em on every other page anymore. Peter and MJ are keepers' of course, but its' time for Peter to be more influential in May's duel life, something that he never had, and should be WILLING to do for his own daughter. With Mary Jane expecting another child, a son, things should be very interestng enough with the Parkers' for sometime to come. I have faith that this book will rise above it all, and be everything that we've come to love about Spider-Girl!

THIS IS FOR 100 GUYS'!!!

-:venom:BSM

Now that we're here, how about a brand new topic. I think the supporting cast should be cut down a little bit. That means someone dies. But who? What do you think?

Originally posted by Travelling Wave
Now that we're here, how about a brand new topic. I think the supporting cast should be cut down a little bit. That means someone dies. But who? What do you think?

I agree, but i don't wanna see anyone die. JJ could leave, or less Phil Urich, DEFINITELY Felicity!! Hey guys, issue 53 is out today!!!!!!!! We'll see what's goin' down in light of last issue. If any of you guys' read it first, please posts away, i'm in California, and i'm at work between
7 am to 2 pm. I won't to the comic shop until 3, AND i gotta get a few bucks from the wife! LOL!

Sorry guys', didn't make it to the comic shop! Anybody else grab Spider-Girl today, that live in the States?? Anyboby?

I don't get my shipment for another week or so. Damn.

Crap, i'm sorry guys', still haven't made it to the comic shop yet, and i doubt i'll get the chance between the weekend too. I guess we'll have to let our Spider-Girl thread die-out for now, and start a new one when i, or either of you guys' get issue #53. Thanks again guys', and see ya next thread! Long live Spider-Girl !

Heh remember that something can only truely die when there is no one around to tell of it (or something like that).:confused:

Riggghhhttt...

Anyway at this rate, we'll reach the maximum space allowed for threads before we die out.

I'm going to try and pick up Spider-Girl #53 this weekend but I'm low on cash so I'll see how that plays out.

Characters that should go eh? I'm thinking Brad AND JJ. If only JJ wasn't the buzz, than I could stomach him but as it is Spider-Girl has enough plotlines to put inot 1 issue and doesn't need this borring one taking up space. Brad cus I just find him borring. Wasn't he going out with that Heather girl? Than Jimmy started going out with Heather...wouldn't brad have been mad?

Anyway I'm starting to like Felicity. Her character is actually fleshing out a bit (it looks like her days as the annoying side-kick are over with anyway). Like her or not, you have to admit she's created a very interesting plot thread (more than I can say of a few plotlines in the book...).

So Felicity should very much stay...
Brad could stay but as long as his character doesn't start to take up anything important...
JJ should go unless they can find SOMETHING to make him interresting...(think his association with the bugel would work...not that I want May being a phtographer, it could still work without her being employed by JJJ)
Heather is just filler to be used as a plot device...
The whole Newer Warriors thing should be scrapped, it hurts characters like DarkDevil...
Phil was very cool, but now he's just being used to explain things to the reader or to react to something...keep him around and give him something to do...
Jimmy was good potential but he's been smothered by a roster filled with dead weight...

In my opinion the book should focus on May,Parker Clan, Normie, Phil, Darkdevil, Felicity/Hardy Clan, usual school gang minus about 3 to lighten the over-bearring load this book has to support.

Things the book should do:
Explore relationship between Normie and May (Goblins and Spiders, love, friends, Normies insanity...which seems to have been totally ignored)
Hardy story is very interesting, continue...
Let May swing by herself a little more with a net...
Have Normie be her main confidant/Mechanic person/you get the idea
The whole DarkDevil/Kain/May/Alison storyline worked nicely but things seem to good to be true...shake it up a bit...
Other characters such as DarkDevil/Brad/JJ/ALL DEAD WEIGHT CHARACTERS could appear as needed but not have to be involved in every single issue.
Let the door to the clone saga be opened fully for May, instead of making a draft.

uh yeah that's about it for now, tiredness kicking in...

I agree with you! Absolutely. You should be the new writer :-)
Anyway, no ways is this thread dying.

Gotta to give the people what they want!

Die? Did i say die? I didn't mean it like that guys' ....but i am glad to see your support ! (I think i got outta that one ok....). And yes- i will be getting Spider-Girl this afternoon, so we'll have some new stuff to talk about!! I will continue to lead us to the promise land, i'm sorry if you all thought i was gonna bail out on our thread. NEVER!! I merely meant until there was new a subject to discuss. I'll see y'all in a few hours with issue 53!

Ah you flatter me:D

I haven't picked up issue #53 yet...But I have till tuesday!

I've decided to only pick up, Spider-Girl regularly now (I don't have a job anymore and get $10 dollars a week for allowance...:( ).

JEE I'm talking realy incoherantly today! Seems to be the norm for my posts!

Gettin Issue 53 soon!:D :D :D I'm actually REALLY looking forward to picking up the book each month now. I think it has something to do with them wrapping up the should I be Spider-Girl thing as fast as possible and not making it into a 7 issue deal. THANKYOU TOM DEFALCO!

I'm thinking of Getting a subscription to Spider-Girl, but I've heard that they usually deviler issue about 1 month behind it's release. DOes anyone have any experience with Marvel Subcriptions here? Think I should or just go down to the comic shop every so often? (my closest comic shop takes about 1h30m to get to so it's a ways to travel...)

The moment we all have waited for.....drum roll please......!!!!

I finally scored my issue of Spider-Girl !! And let me just say for the record, there WILL be SPOILERS!!! Ok, first off, let me just say that this issue was just a little something to prpeare us for the story arc that Tommy D and crew are preparing us for. Zen, you'll be happy to know that Felicity is in this issue with a bang. Again, this issue really didn't focus around May, or Felicity, but this girl named Megan. May is visting Courtney in the hospital, when some super-villian named Quickwire rips off the pharmacy, and of course May gets after him to no avail. He's a rip-off of SpeedBall, but lamer! This time, we're just dealing with May, Felicity, and this new girl, Megan. May and Felicity acutally work well together in this issue, again it really lacked action scenes, and the issue felt and read kinda rushed. But it was a good read regardless, makes you anticapate the next issue, which i hear is going to be a BIG turning point for May.

This issue was good, but as i said before, we're getting ready to get a good story arc. Overall, i give issue 53 a 3 1/2 out of 5. Lacked action, but the character interaction was great as always. Tell me what you think guys'!( And if you read this last night, you'll know i've edited my post. I kinda gave away too much of the story, sorry.......)

Cool. But next time, don't tell us the entire story, ok?
My apologizes T.W.! I'll keep that in mind next time. But i didn't really give up the WHOLE story, well....maybe i did. I'll edit the post then, how about that?

Well, i've spent a little time over at Marvel.com, trying to get more info about that 3 issue story arc i've been telling you guys about, and i haven't come up with any interesteing developments. The covers' do tend to give way that SOMETHING is a brewing, and i hope that a lot of what we've been discussing will be answered in those three issues. I do know that the whole kipnapping-thing will be resolved, and the connection between Peter and Kaine/Ben Reilly. But that last cover, where May's mask is beaten to bad place, and the eyepiece reveals her eye, that one kinda made me get a little giddy! So i'm looking forward to see what's in store for our Web-Stunner. Again, i apologize for giving up the story for #53, but there's nothing like reading it for yourself.....right???

Well, if anyone gathers any additonal info about the upcoming issues, please share with us! As always, its' appreciated guys'! What up Zen, T.W., my partners in crime!

Hmmm. Yeah, I saw that cover with the eye-piece in the latest Previews. It looked really cool. Unlike Peter's suit May's threads seem to be pretty robust and damage to the suit might be the result of a very bloody fight. Looks promising.

I'm just gonna take a guess about this upcoming story arc, and let's just say that her battle might be with Raptor. And this assumption is steming from the proposal that the lawyer, who i think works either for the Kingpin, or is someone from her dads' past that want her to carry out his last wishes by taking out Spider-Girl or something. I don't know. Harry might reassume his identity as the Goblin, he does look as if he's due to "crack" at anytime. The Faces' should be behind bars, and all other Spider-Girl enemies are just too lame to be taken seriously, so it could be either Raptor or Harry as the Goblin. I pray that they'll resolve the issue with Alison Mongrain, please, please, PLEASE, let May in on the secert of her kidnapping, and with Kaine!! And lastly, could it be that Tommy D and crew are creating a new, deadlier villian, in which May has never seen before? Maybe you're right Zen, maybe someone in this cast will die. Reminiscent to Gwen Stacy, which changed Spider-Man forever, but we can only guess until we learn more. OOHH! And before i forget, speaking of Kaine, he and Darkdevil are suppose to be having it out, i think, but i know that they'll be included in the arc as well. That's all for know, i'll keep y'all posted on anymore details as they're availible.

I don't think it's Raptor. Nope... I'm hoping it's a new, deadlier, villian. I also hope the next story arc will be about six issues long and that it will affect Spider-Girl's future in a very direct way.

I don't think it's Raptor. Nope... I'm hoping it's a new, deadlier, villian. I also hope the next story arc will be about six issues long and that it will affect Spider-Girl's future in a very direct way.

Then what do you think is going to happen to Raptor? I have a feeling that she'll HAVE to return to crime, for some reason or another. And what ever happens to her, Normie will not be happy, that's for sure! What do you think T.W. ?

I'm thinking she might end up as a special agent for the government or something. I'd like that a lot more. Actually I'm not so intrigued with Raptor at all. And I certainly don't think she'd survive long in a scrap with Spider-Girl.

I'm thinking she might end up as a special agent for the government or something. I'd like that a lot more. Actually I'm not so intrigued with Raptor at all. And I certainly don't think she'd survive long in a scrap with Spider-Girl.

I don't know about the government, she is in jail for killing a man, i don't think they'd let that one fly over. But a far as fighting May is concerned, if memory serves me correctly, she gave May some bad place during their first encounter, but May was just starting out. She's more fine tuned now, remember the whooping she put on Kaine, and Funny Face? So you're right T.W., but if they enhance her weaponary, she could pose to be a challenge for Spider-Girl. I liked her as an ally myself, but i wouldn't be mad to see her go though..... You know what? Let's us create a new villian for Spider-Girl. It'll be easy, she, or he could be someone that always hated May because she/he was popular, and somehow gains some kind of super-power. She/He then decides to go to crime, and of course runs into Spider-Girl.
But instead of Spider-Girl thwarting this new criminal, they duke it out, during the fight, the villian knows that Spider-Girl won't allow harm to come to any innocent by-standers' , so the villian escapes
while May saves the innocents. That puts a sour taste in Spidey's mouth, not to mention that she barely held her own against this new villian. I'd like to see a villian as cunning as Doc Ock, and as deadly as the orignal Green Goblin. With the hate, like Eddie Brock/Venom, and with the credability of the Kingpin, (that might be a bit much!). Can anyone out there help me out? What type of new villian would you create for Spider-Girl?

Hmmm. Where is my comics? They should be here by now.
Going up to Stockholm tomorrow, I'll be gone for three days. They have this really neat place there called "Serieteket". It's like a library but they only have comics. There's also lots of good retailers up there but I don't know if I'll get the chance to check 'em out.

Hmmm. Where is my comics? They should be here by now.
Going up to Stockholm tomorrow, I'll be gone for three days. They have this really neat place there called "Serieteket". It's like a library but they only have comics. There's also lots of good retailers up there but I don't know if I'll get the chance to check 'em out.

Hope you get your comics T.W.! And have a good time in Stockholm, see if you dig up any info on the web-stunner!

- :venom:BSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"