E3 2013 - Part 1

Yeah, there's a subtle kind of irony there....Sony is going to start requiring PS+ for online gaming, but those of us defecting across the Iron Curtain from Xbox (and there's probably a ton of us) are already used to it, and we're already paying *more* for XBL Gold.
Exactly. I'm already used to paying for live so this is no change or surprise for me. its worth it

this is all you need to know

LB_6980.jpg

Seriously, if paying for MP is going to be the only change next-gen with PS4, I will gladly pay for it. No DRM. No constant internet connection. No need to validate a license every 24 hours. They earned my $50 a year.

You're gonna pay more for a console that isn't as graphically powerful, listens for key phrases all the time, limits your purchase to a one time install, very little support for the indie dev community with Arcade, and gives you Gold at comparable price to PS Plus with a fraction of the features?

You may stumble, you may fall, but in time, you'll join the rest of us in the sun.

So, overall feelings. Microsoft did better than expected, and showed a lot of games. None of the exclusives particularly wowed me, but I was happy to see a few of the multiplat titles. EA had a good showing for the most part as well. Sony dragged a bit in the begging, but killed it at the end.

Post show thoughts, Microsoft is honestly in trouble unless they hit the right notes from here until launch. PS4 doesn't have used games restrictions, Xbox1 does. PS4 doesn't require a constant connection, X1 does. PS4 is $399, X1 $499. PSN+'s free game services kill the free games offers MS announced from now until X1 launch.

Then there's the games. Second Son, Oddworld, FFXV, KH3, tons of good indie games, Destiny, Watch Dogs, AC. The show dragged a bit at times, but showed off some quality games. I'm happy MS showed off MGS V, and gave a glimpse of Dark Souls 2. Ryse looked ok, Dead Rising 3 looked decent, but past that the rest of the games didn't really catch my eye.

All that said though, I still wish Sony had shown off another AAA exclusive that we didn't know about. I don't expect Uncharted 4 off the bat, but something huge, and new from Sony themselves that we didn't expect would have been nice.

I was impressed with MS's show up until the end of Sonys show. They just proved all of those restrictions MS are doing, are just completely unnecessary.

This is PS4 gaining the advantage early. If they would have done this last gen, I would never have switched to 360. Definitely getting a PS4 over the One.

If all my friends hadn't gone 360 I'd have stayed with Sony too.

****ing idiots. I feel so dirty.

Never again.

So, key points that stand out to me.

Sony went head on into the DRM issues. They went head on with Used games. They actually explained how PS Plus will work with my PS3 and the PS4...and they went $100 less than Microsoft. Plus, they seemed to actually support Indie developers.

And...Mad mother****ing Max....

Just ordered my PS4 off of Amazon. :up:

I'm so glad they made the decision so easy. Microsoft got greedy, caved to even greedier publishers, and focused on all the wrong things.

Sony's Presentation was the textbook definition of overkill. Rarely have I ever seen someone get so brutally murdered.

Just ordered my PS4 off of Amazon. :up:

I'm so glad they made the decision so easy. Microsoft got greedy, caved to even greedier publishers & to creepy government surveillance agencies, and focused on all the wrong things.
Added another.

MS is going to have to rethink their strategy if they want to stay in this race. I have a feeling next E3 theyll be touting how you no longer have to stay connected, you can buy and trade ur used games, you can share games easily etc. Like Sony this gen, MS is going to have to realize they f***ed up

It's just completely amazing how Sony handled everything. Announce the PS4 in February. Be completely silent for months. Murder your competition at E3.

Last edited:
MS is going to have to rethink their strategy if they want to stay in this race. I have a feeling next E3 theyll be touting how you no longer have to stay connected, you can buy and trade ur used games, you can share games easily etc. Like Sony this gen, MS is going to have to realize they f***ed up
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the conference room over at the Xbox division at Microsoft right now.

The open self publishing is a huge deal too. The PS4 is going to have a ton of awesome smaller games.

According to a GI article, MS charges 40k for a single patch, and requires you to go through others to publish. That vs self publishing....Unless MS offers extra incentive (which will only go to a select few), there's no reason for an indie developer not to give PS4 preferential treatment.

It's just completely amazing how Sony handled everything. Announce the PS4 in February. Be completely silent till for months. Murder your competition at E3.

And for the most part, i thought Sonys presser was extremely dull, but it didnt matter, i just wanted them to prove to me they had the less invasive system and they did EXACTLY that. I mean multi plat games are multi plat games, and most of the titles i own are just that, so i had no pull towards one system or the other. I want the best console and with all the restrictions on MS's system, its clear the PS4 is the choice for me.

Ill just wait a few years for MS to drop the price and release Gears 4, then maybe ill snag MS's system

I do hope that Titanfall game comes to the PS4 tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"